Max Brawn
Points: 14,456, Level: 78 Points: 14,456, Level: 78 Points: 14,456, Level: 78
Activity: 59% Activity: 59% Activity: 59%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
My Mood: Inspired
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

Weight check- 227.6, exactly 1lb down from yesterday, and yet another weight that ends with .6. Not sure how I keep pulling that off. It looks like 1lb a day is the rule of thumb while I'm in ketosis, so it all boils down to how long I can keep it up mentally and physically, and how long my metabolism can hold up.

If 1lb of weight loss a day is the rule, I can extrapolate how long it will take to reach my goals, although I still need to see how much kick back I get from fluids when I reintroduce carbs. Last time it was 3lb, but that was from a cheat day, something I'm not planning on doing this time.

I may try only having carbs on the weekends. If I have quite a few carbs to try to get some glycogen in me then I should get around 2lb total of kickback, then I can go keto again during the week and lose 5lb. If I can drop 3lb a week total then it will take me a little over 5 weeks to break under 210. 10 weeks and I should be more ripped than ever.

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2013, 10:19 AM   #32
EliteDreams
EliteDreams
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing
Moderation is for cowards
Max Brawn
Points: 12,786, Level: 73 Points: 12,786, Level: 73 Points: 12,786, Level: 73
Activity: 39% Activity: 39% Activity: 39%

Training Exp: Started 5/2/11
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: PRs
Fav Supp: Steak
My Mood: Asleep
EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!

Hard work Soldier, keep at it! You got this!

I'm curious how many others at the base lift.

The gates of hell have been unlocked, headstones pushed aside!
EliteDreams is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 08-07-2013, 11:23 AM   #33
Soldier
Soldier
is judging you.
Max Brawn

Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteDreams View Post
Hard work Soldier, keep at it! You got this!

I'm curious how many others at the base lift.
There are lots of gyms on post, but most of them are a mixture of smaller weight rooms, cardio machines, and racquetball and basketball courts. There are even a couple crossfit gyms. The gym I go to is just a massive room of weights and machines, and it's known as the "meathead gym" because most of the bodybuilder/powerlifter types train there.

It's pretty tough to train there right after work, which makes sense when pretty much everyone on a post that's the size of an average town gets off work at the same time. Since you have to stay at least a little fit to be in the Army, the number of people who do some sort of gym training is massive.

Share with Facebook
Old 08-07-2013, 06:03 PM   #34
Soldier
Soldier
is judging you.
Max Brawn

Lower body with a quad focus today. This was a hell of a session, and gave me a template I'll be continuing to follow in the coming weeks.

Pin squats, starting just above parallel-
135x5
225x5
275x3
315x2
225x5
315x2
225x5
275x3
185x7
275x2
185x8

GHR-
BWx13
BWx11
BWx10

Leg press-
200x20
290x15
380x12

Leg extension-
95x15
125x15
155x15

I've done pin squats before, but never this deep. Last time I did them they really nailed my quads, and the same was true today. This is odd, because I don't go out of my way to sink my hips very deep or try to make my quads do the work. Instead I just try to push up the bar as hard as possible and accelerate all the way to the top. The wave loading of the pin squats (going heavy, then lighter, then heavy again) is also awesome because it allows me to push those lighter weights as fast as possible and tire out the muscle without hitting my joints as hard as simple higher intensity work would do.

After the squats I used the same template I mentioned yesterday, basically doing HIT style training, taking my rest times down, going with higher reps and doing 2 building warm up sets before a third set to, and past, failure.

I could barely walk out of the gym by the end of the session. I'll be using the lessons I learned today to continue to develop my bodybuilding program.

Share with Facebook
Old 08-07-2013, 06:53 PM   #35
jdmalm123
jdmalm123
one rep is plenty!
Less is More
Max Brawn
Points: 13,158, Level: 74 Points: 13,158, Level: 74 Points: 13,158, Level: 74
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Yeti Sports 1 Long Ass Shot Champion!
Training Exp: not enough
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: All of 'em
Fav Supp: Milk shake
My Mood: Lurking
jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!

Holy volume, Batman!

Bodybuilding it is!

Share with Facebook
Old 08-08-2013, 08:07 PM   #36
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,538,831, Level: 100 Points: 1,538,831, Level: 100 Points: 1,538,831, Level: 100
Activity: 51% Activity: 51% Activity: 51%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Looks like a crazy pin session. I could never get a good feel for those, but never really practiced enough.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 08-08-2013, 08:23 PM   #37
Soldier
Soldier
is judging you.
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmalm123 View Post
Holy volume, Batman!

Bodybuilding it is!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Looks like a crazy pin session. I could never get a good feel for those, but never really practiced enough.
Thanks guys. The key to pin squats is to avoid overthinking it, I think. Instead of treating it like a lift I just treat the bar like any random object I might have to push up on. I put my back into the bar wherever it feels most solid and just use every muscle in my body to push up as hard and as fast as possible.

Share with Facebook
Old 08-08-2013, 08:34 PM   #38
Soldier
Soldier
is judging you.
Max Brawn

I've tried to avoid making plans for my training for a couple reasons;

1. I've never actually committed myself 100% to bodybuilding/aesthetics before.
2. I'm notorious for making elaborate plans then completely disregarding them. I enjoy making plans far more than actually following them.

But I've come up with a tentative plan based on what I feel is working best from my last few weeks of training, primarily a HIT style of training similar to what Dorian Yates uses. I'm going with more of a high frequency style of training, using full body workouts in a push/pull split. Wow, that sounds really complicated when I write it out.

Anyways, I won't go into detail at this point, but tomorrow I'll be giving it a try. Hopefully it works out.

Share with Facebook
Old 08-09-2013, 03:25 AM   #39
big_swede
big_swede
Strongman
Max Brawn
Points: 34,078, Level: 100 Points: 34,078, Level: 100 Points: 34,078, Level: 100
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
My Mood: Yeehaw
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier View Post
I've tried to avoid making plans for my training for a couple reasons;

1. I've never actually committed myself 100% to bodybuilding/aesthetics before.
2. I'm notorious for making elaborate plans then completely disregarding them. I enjoy making plans far more than actually following them.

But I've come up with a tentative plan based on what I feel is working best from my last few weeks of training, primarily a HIT style of training similar to what Dorian Yates uses. I'm going with more of a high frequency style of training, using full body workouts in a push/pull split. Wow, that sounds really complicated when I write it out.

Anyways, I won't go into detail at this point, but tomorrow I'll be giving it a try. Hopefully it works out.
Im the same, loves to make my own plans but stray away from them in a matter of weeks =)

Good luck with this, im doing something like that (fullbody) myself right now and its fun.

Share with Facebook
Old 08-09-2013, 07:00 AM   #40
Soldier
Soldier
is judging you.
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_swede View Post
Im the same, loves to make my own plans but stray away from them in a matter of weeks =)

Good luck with this, im doing something like that (fullbody) myself right now and its fun.
Thanks. Full body high frequency training is very different for a bodybuilder, but I'm already sick of having the DOMS that come with the upper/lower split I've been doing. The great thing about hitting the whole body with a little work over and over is that it doesn't induce the debilitating soreness that other styles of training can bring.

Share with Facebook