Max Brawn
Points: 14,456, Level: 78 Points: 14,456, Level: 78 Points: 14,456, Level: 78
Activity: 59% Activity: 59% Activity: 59%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
My Mood: Inspired
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2013, 07:33 PM   #122
Soldier
Soldier
is judging you.
Max Brawn

Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

Share with Facebook
Old 09-27-2013, 07:42 PM   #123
Soldier
Soldier
is judging you.
Max Brawn

A day of hits and misses in the garage. Unfortunately I just didn't have the time to get my full session in, which kept me from hitting my volume goal. I didn't leave the garage empty-handed though.

I wasn't even going to be training at all today, but I got released from work super early which gave me a chance to get lots of things crossed off my to-do list.

Squats-
45x5
135x5
225x3
275x3
295x5 (last session- 295x4)
235x8
235x8

Yup, only 2 sets of 8 instead of 5. My wife came home from work and we needed to go to Sears to buy a new drier, so I had to cut it short. In all fairness, I was exhausted and even though I could have gotten all 5 sets of 8, it would have taken forever because of increased rest times.

I'm getting to the point where I'm going to have to go back down on my squat weights just because the sessions are taking too long. We'll have to see how things go next time, hopefully when I'm more prepared for the session.

Share with Facebook
Old 09-28-2013, 10:42 AM   #124
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,538,831, Level: 100 Points: 1,538,831, Level: 100 Points: 1,538,831, Level: 100
Activity: 51% Activity: 51% Activity: 51%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier View Post
I'm getting to the point where I'm going to have to go back down on my squat weights just because the sessions are taking too long.
That's my main issue with trying to do a lot of rep work. I just don't have time to lift more than one hour a day.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 09-28-2013, 09:54 PM   #125
Soldier
Soldier
is judging you.
Max Brawn

I struggled a little with my diet this week, so I had decided to take a week off this coming week. The only problem is that if I completely disregarded my diet for a week then I was sure to gain at least 5lb unless I continued to monitor my calories, and if I have to do that, then what's the point?

So instead I decided to make today a "screw it" day. My wife had already invited a few people over for a little ice cream party (what a girly thing to do!), so I said screw it and had a good time. I had a burrito for lunch, then ice cream and burgers for dinner. Definitely a carb-tastic day!

Tomorrow I'll get back to it, and I'm going to hit it hard to take advantage of all the carbs I had today. I'm not going to weigh myself until next Saturday, then we can go from there. If it takes me a couple weeks to get back on track after today then that's fine. One can only take so many days of dieting before one needs to get a little crazy!

By the way, that ice cream was fantastic!

I'm a firm believer that you have to acknowledge and deal with your cravings and motivations. If I'm motivated to get big and strong then it's time to get big and strong. If I want to get cut up then it's time to get cut up. The more I fight whatever my motivations are at that moment, the more I struggle. Today I wanted to enjoy myself, so I did. Tomorrow I'll get back to it and move on with my goals.

Share with Facebook
Old 09-28-2013, 10:31 PM   #126
Soldier
Soldier
is judging you.
Max Brawn

Plan for the coming week- I'm going to be very busy at work this week. I'm going to be working literally from before the sun comes up until after it goes down from Monday until Thursday. I'm going to take advantage of this by eating nothing until dinner time. I'll get some protein in during the day to ward off catabolism, but the goal is to keep a very low total intake, and also to keep my carbs very low. I'm not going to have time to train, or do anything else for that matter, so no real need for carbs for a few days.

You know me, I always make the best of every situation, so I'll take advantage of my higher intake today by cutting it way down for a few days and getting some more of this fat off my gut.

Share with Facebook
Old 09-29-2013, 02:20 PM   #127
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,538,831, Level: 100 Points: 1,538,831, Level: 100 Points: 1,538,831, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Being active at work never hurts. Definitely great for the metabolism.

Share with Facebook
Old 09-30-2013, 12:08 PM   #128
Soldier
Soldier
is judging you.
Max Brawn

Good news! I won't have to work as late as I thought I was going to this week, so I'll be able to eat better and train.

I got in a quick upper body session today during lunch-

Standing press-
45x15
95x5
115x5
135x5
105x8
105x8
105x8
105x8
105x8

BOR-
95x8
135x8
185x8
225x5
145x8
145x8
145x8
145x8
145x8

There are a few guys who train down in the gym in our building every day during lunch. Most of them train religiously, but NONE of them work hard or even sweat. They also just use the same weights over and over. it's sad to think about all the gains that could be made which are being missed out on.

But I'm pretty happy. These weights are moving with relative ease, so I should be able to work up to heavier weights this time before I have to drop down again, which is, of course, the whole point!

I had a Monster muscle drink before training, and now it's down the hatch with some whey. Other than that I won't be eating until dinner. I'm hoping to erase any "damage" I did Saturday this week, and maybe even cut a little more.

(I call it "damage" with quotations because I don't consider it damage at all. I really enjoyed having some really good food and now I'm excited about getting back to it. Chances are if I had "pushed through" with my diet on Saturday I would have been bummed out and have found myself with a lack of motivation. Sometimes it pays to let yourself go a little!)

Share with Facebook
Old 09-30-2013, 07:41 PM   #129
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier View Post
There are a few guys who train down in the gym in our building every day during lunch. Most of them train religiously, but NONE of them work hard or even sweat. They also just use the same weights over and over. it's sad to think about all the gains that could be made which are being missed out on.

But I'm pretty happy. These weights are moving with relative ease, so I should be able to work up to heavier weights this time before I have to drop down again, which is, of course, the whole point!

Nice. Ram that progression.

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Old 10-02-2013, 05:40 PM   #130
Soldier
Soldier
is judging you.
Max Brawn

I decided to drop my weights down for squats as well, and do everything I can to move the weights as fast as possible while also resting as little as possible. It worked, my legs are fried.

Squats-
45x5
135x5
185x5
225x4
275x3
185x8
185x8
185x8
185x8
185x8

Share with Facebook