Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Powerlifting & Strength Training

Notices

Powerlifting & Strength Training Topics related to powerlifting and strength training.

Old 07-24-2013, 11:28 AM   #11
ravimolasaria
ravimolasaria
Wanted to be as strong as a polar bear ...
Max Brawn
Points: 27,510, Level: 98 Points: 27,510, Level: 98 Points: 27,510, Level: 98
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Training Exp: 10
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Whatever makes me strong
My Mood: Yeehaw
ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!

You made all of us @MAB very very proud Jay ... Totally agree with KD5NFW that 99% of us would not have participated in the meet if we were in your condition ... The meet atmosphere is definitely addictive and I'm so glad that you decided to participate in another one. Nos. don't matter your spirit to get involve in do ... Keep up the great work brother ...

PS: Missing some images in your log for quite sometime ... lol ...

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2013, 12:40 PM   #12
Kuytrider
Kuytrider
is Yosif Zhelyazko Lynch
Max Brawn
Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 4
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Protein Powder
Kuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master member

Was feeling weak today and dreading even light squats but I had actually read your write-up and imagined the pain you felt and the balls you showed to dig in and post up a good total. The numbers are irrelevant though, your guts can't be measured in mere figures and you should be damned proud of what you did that day.

Getting it done one session at a time.
Kuytrider is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 07-24-2013, 01:22 PM   #13
Beverly McD
Beverly McD
Texas
Max Brawn
Points: 2,218, Level: 28 Points: 2,218, Level: 28 Points: 2,218, Level: 28
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: Since 1987
My Mood: Amused
Beverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machine

Nice write-up. Congratulations on hitting the first of many meets
Beverly McD is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 07-24-2013, 01:34 PM   #14
5kgLifter
5kgLifter
loves teddy bears...
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Checkers Champion! Mario Kart Extreme! Champion! NG Holdem Champion! Javelin Champion! Mouse Batting Champion! Keno Champion!
Training Type: Other
My Mood: Cynical
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Awesome work H, and not easy to do under circumstances of continual headaches...personally, I don't think the term headache probably does the head pain you go through, a lot of justice, there should be a better word to describe things than "headache", but you know what I mean

You got a great total, had a great day (head pain aside), and had a fantastic new experience...all win!!

PS: there was another guy in a singlet equally as short too

Share with Facebook
Old 07-24-2013, 04:31 PM   #15
Hunterace
Hunterace
is mental!!!
I'm quitting next week!
Max Brawn
Points: 17,415, Level: 84 Points: 17,415, Level: 84 Points: 17,415, Level: 84
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by I WILL View Post
great write up jay. i'm so happy u got 2 go. u did it!!
Thanks Lisa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KD5NFW View Post
Jay you couldn't have made MAB any more proud regardless of the numbers you put up or could have put up! The hurdles that you overcome on a daily basis to lift would sideline 99% of us! You got on the platform, put up 3 solid lifts, and now have a total! As someone else already said, you beat 100% of the lifters that have never stepped on the platform

Great job Mr. Powerlifter
Thanks Rich!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moeheep View Post
Considering the circumstances you are under Jay...It was amazing.....

Glad you had a great time!!
Thanks Marvin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
It sounds like it was a great experience for you despite the pain. Start prepping for the next one and we all wish you luck.
Thanks OR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Thanks for the great times and great advice.

Glad both you and Brute were there this weekend. It was great to see you up there. Damn proud of you.
Thanks Steve! Had a blast with you guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravimolasaria View Post
You made all of us @MAB very very proud Jay ... Totally agree with KD5NFW that 99% of us would not have participated in the meet if we were in your condition ... The meet atmosphere is definitely addictive and I'm so glad that you decided to participate in another one. Nos. don't matter your spirit to get involve in do ... Keep up the great work brother ...

PS: Missing some images in your log for quite sometime ... lol ...
Thanks Ravi! Yea I haven't trained for crap in a long time, but managed a workout today !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuytrider View Post
Was feeling weak today and dreading even light squats but I had actually read your write-up and imagined the pain you felt and the balls you showed to dig in and post up a good total. The numbers are irrelevant though, your guts can't be measured in mere figures and you should be damned proud of what you did that day.
Thanks KM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beverly McD View Post
Nice write-up. Congratulations on hitting the first of many meets
Thanks Beverly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
Awesome work H, and not easy to do under circumstances of continual headaches...personally, I don't think the term headache probably does the head pain you go through, a lot of justice, there should be a better word to describe things than "headache", but you know what I mean

You got a great total, had a great day (head pain aside), and had a fantastic new experience...all win!!

PS: there was another guy in a singlet equally as short too
Thanks Babs! I musta missed that guy, lol!

~~~2 Chronicles 15:7 ~~~
But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded.

!!!MY HEAD HURTS!!!
My Training Log
http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/sho...734#post494734
Hunterace is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 07-24-2013, 04:37 PM   #16
IrishHitman
IrishHitman
will become a big sumvabitch in 2013
Max Brawn
Points: 6,200, Level: 51 Points: 6,200, Level: 51 Points: 6,200, Level: 51
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 8
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Chili Oil
My Mood: Cool
IrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beast

Like I said in my light, I am proud for you getting up on that platform. Will watch the video when I get home, but those are strong numbers!! Keep rockin', bud, and hopefully we will share the platform soon.

"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards."
~Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

1 March 2014
SQUAT: 650 lbs
BENCH: 340 lbs
DEADLIFT: 580 lbs
TOTAL: 1570 lbs
IrishHitman is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 07-24-2013, 05:00 PM   #17
Squatter
Squatter
is a Crazy Canuck
Squatatron
Max Brawn
Points: 27,599, Level: 98 Points: 27,599, Level: 98 Points: 27,599, Level: 98
Activity: 64% Activity: 64% Activity: 64%

Training Exp: 20 Years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat & Deadlift
Fav Supp: Collagen
My Mood: Happy
Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

I have to agree that the camaraderie and social atmosphere seems to overshadow the meets, even tho the weekend revolves around and is the purpose of the meet up. That was also my experience at my first meet.

Really glad you got to experience it as well Jay, especially with a legend like Steve. I think every lifter should do it at least once.

It's a pretty big continent Al - they are both even too far for me to meet up with unless I make a vacation out of it. Hard to convince the family Wisconsin is a worthy getaway. Most people tend to gravitate to the Okanagan (where my 1st meet was), LA, Vegas, Hawaii, etc here in western Canada.
Bench: 275 lbs
Deadlift: 501 lbs
Total: 1251 lbs

Gym PR's:
Squat: 495 lbs
Bench: 295 lbs
Deadlift: 510 lbs
Total: 1300 Lbs
Age 50
Squatter is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 07-24-2013, 05:04 PM   #18
Hunterace
Hunterace
is mental!!!
I'm quitting next week!
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishHitman View Post
Like I said in my light, I am proud for you getting up on that platform. Will watch the video when I get home, but those are strong numbers!! Keep rockin', bud, and hopefully we will share the platform soon.
Thanks IH! I know you'll do awesome on the platform, you've already proved that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatter View Post
I have to agree that the camaraderie and social atmosphere seems to overshadow the meets, even tho the weekend revolves around and is the purpose of the meet up. That was also my experience at my first meet.

Really glad you got to experience it as well Jay, especially with a legend like Steve. I think every lifter should do it at least once.

It's a pretty big continent Al - they are both even too far for me to meet up with unless I make a vacation out of it. Hard to convince the family Wisconsin is a worthy getaway. Most people tend to gravitate to the Okanagan (where my 1st meet was), LA, Vegas, Hawaii, etc here in western Canada.
Thanks Super Jim!
But the meets in Iowa ! It's one of the hottest vacation spots in the world!!!

!!!MY HEAD HURTS!!!
My Training Log

Share with Facebook
Old 07-24-2013, 05:13 PM   #19
Squatter
Squatter
is a Crazy Canuck
Squatatron
Max Brawn
Points: 27,599, Level: 98 Points: 27,599, Level: 98 Points: 27,599, Level: 98
Activity: 64% Activity: 64% Activity: 64%

Training Exp: 20 Years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat & Deadlift
Fav Supp: Collagen
My Mood: Happy
Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

Isn't Iowa in Tornado Alley?
Bench: 275 lbs
Deadlift: 501 lbs
Total: 1251 lbs

Gym PR's:
Squat: 495 lbs
Bench: 295 lbs
Deadlift: 510 lbs
Total: 1300 Lbs
Age 50
Squatter is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 07-24-2013, 05:16 PM   #20
Hunterace
Hunterace
is mental!!!
I'm quitting next week!
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatter View Post
Isn't Iowa in Tornado Alley?
Oh no no no! It's a hot spot destination for sure

!!!MY HEAD HURTS!!!
My Training Log

Share with Facebook