Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Powerlifting & Strength Training

Notices

Powerlifting & Strength Training Topics related to powerlifting and strength training.

Old 07-10-2013, 02:01 PM   #1
JPlatz
JPlatz
Bringing the Thunder!
New Brawn
Points: 839, Level: 15 Points: 839, Level: 15 Points: 839, Level: 15
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 15
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: deadlift, squat
Fav Supp: Ultimate Orange
My Mood: Cynical
JPlatz has made some quality postsJPlatz has made some quality postsJPlatz has made some quality postsJPlatz has made some quality postsJPlatz has made some quality postsJPlatz has made some quality posts
Default Looking for a program I can finally follow

I've been working out for years, on and off and have tried multiple programs, but can't seem to follow one consistently. I started the Starting Strength program, but kept running out of time for the workouts and difficulty moving up in weight every workout. I started 5x5 and another one that has assistance, but continue to have difficulty being consistent.

What program has workouts that can be done in about an hour, by someone working out alone and looking for growth so I can attempt my first competition next year. In simple terms, I need help, assistance, input, feedback and whatever else you can provide.

My pr at this time are squat: 505, deadlift 495, but not a bench pr due to shoulder problems that create a bunch of pain.
JPlatz is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2013, 02:14 PM   #2
big_swede
big_swede
Strongman
Max Brawn
Points: 34,088, Level: 100 Points: 34,088, Level: 100 Points: 34,088, Level: 100
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
My Mood: Yeehaw
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

You are a strong bloke. You ever tried the westside method? I had fun with it and it has slot of room for variation and tweaking.

I cant stay long on a given program myself so right now i split with press/deadlift/squat on 3 days. Sets and reps vary and also witch lift im doing first. Im having tons of fun training like this and gains are good.

Share with Facebook
Old 07-12-2013, 02:59 AM   #3
afraziaaaa
afraziaaaa
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 2,977, Level: 33 Points: 2,977, Level: 33 Points: 2,977, Level: 33
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Whey Protein
afraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machine

I'll suggest training intuitively, while gearing your training towards the big 3 (or 2). That's what I do and it keeps things fresh for me. When I feel like changing it up, I can. I do have a baseline structure that I go with, but mostly I do what feels right and try to model my training after the conjugate system.

Two things this has done for me are: made me the strongest I have ever been while making consistent gains over a period of time; Enabled me to try different things and learn what really works well for me and my body.

When something stops working, or I hit a sticking point, I evaluate and shift my focus appropriately. I have found this much easier to stick to than a program done by someone else.
afraziaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook