Shaolinkiwi
Shaolinkiwi
Back to square 1
Ground Zero Training
Max Brawn
Points: 3,328, Level: 35 Points: 3,328, Level: 35 Points: 3,328, Level: 35
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

My Mood: Busy
Shaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributor
Default Doms are temporary, Mass fluctuates, but self-esteem lasts forever

Bit of background first.

I consider myself to be in the middle of intermediate and an advance lifter. I train for life to be fit to be happy.

My aim is to be lean while having some decent size behind me.

I've been training pretty consistently for some 12 years now, tired a number of programs and supps and learned a few things along the way.

Most recently my achievements of note is bulking from 182lbs to 200lbs using Dr Squats ABC workouts (which kick ar$e) This was a clean bulk and the first time I really applied myself in the kitchen as well as in the gym and the results showed.

Now I'm in the middle of a recomp trying to maintain my current weight (dropped to 195lbs) and reduce BF% as much as possible.
It's coming into summer in my end of the world and it's time to shed the winter coat.

I've been doing a hybrid program that I pieced together consisting of full body routines and LISS cardio one week. Followed by a 3 day split and HIIT cardio the next week and alternating these as Week A / Week B.

I've been doing this for 4 weeks now and while my weight as remained at 195lbs my BF% has dropped from 14% to 12%.

I'd like to reach 10% and re-evaluate then.

Hopefully some of you will join me for the ride, perhaps learning some things and hopefully teaching me a couple of things too!
Shaolinkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2009, 09:21 PM   #2
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,470,776, Level: 100 Points: 1,470,776, Level: 100 Points: 1,470,776, Level: 100
Activity: 39% Activity: 39% Activity: 39%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Hit it hard! Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 12-06-2009, 09:26 PM   #3
Shaolinkiwi
Shaolinkiwi
Back to square 1
Ground Zero Training
Max Brawn

Shaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributor
Default 12/07/2009

Today was an intense cardio day to shake out the weekend cobwebs.

The idea to reduce the amount of time taken to complete the workout, taking only enough time between exercises to get your breath back.

Monday - (Intense Day)

*3 minutes high intensity jumping rope

*One arm dumbbell snatches – 1 x 10 each arm @ 50lbs

*3 minutes rowing machine

*Dumbbell squat and presses – 1 x 10 @ 45lbs

*Feet elevated push ups –50 reps

*Body weight rows up to smith bar with feet elevated on bench – 25 reps

*Dumbbell squat and presses – 1 x 10 @ 45lbs

*3 minutes high intensity stair climbing

*One arm dumbbell swings 2 sets
1 x 8 each arm @ 50lbs
1 x 8 each arm @ 35lbs

*Feet elevated push ups – 45 reps

*Body weight rows up to smith bar with feet elevated – 20 reps

finished with a 5 min incline walk for a cool down

Completed in 46 minutes.

Was a little bit slower today as I had a new guy join the group and it's the first time he's done this routine.

Share with Facebook
Old 12-06-2009, 09:50 PM   #4
jwood
jwood
has no status.
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn
Points: 22,018, Level: 92 Points: 22,018, Level: 92 Points: 22,018, Level: 92
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Push press
Fav Supp: Razor 8 Blast Powder
My Mood: Aggressive
jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast

That is an intense looking workout and I will definitely be following your progress and I plan to learn a lot.

Share with Facebook
Old 12-06-2009, 10:12 PM   #5
Shaolinkiwi
Shaolinkiwi
Back to square 1
Ground Zero Training
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwood View Post
That is an intense looking workout and I will definitely be following your progress and I plan to learn a lot.
Awesome glad to have your man. I plan on putting some pics up on here tonight so I can see the changes as well.

For the remainder of this week I have

Tuesday: LISS (low state steady) cardio
Wednesday: Light full body split
Thursday: LISS (low state steady) cardio
Friday: Can't make the gym that day as I have to lay grass an shift 42 pavers that weigh about 20kg each. Should be a good enough workout.

I'm cycling the intensity of the full-body splits to ensure adequate recovery using Periodization.

Periodization is an organized approach to training that involves progressive cycling of various aspects of my training program during a specific period of time.

The roots of periodization come from Hans Selye's model, known as the General adaptation syndrome (GAS), describing biological responses to stress.

Picked this up from Dr Squat - His book has influenced my routines ever since reading it.
"Hardcore Bodybuilding: A scientific approach by Frederick C. Hatfield, Ph.D."

T-Alpha Log - CURRENT
http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/sup...alpha-log.html

Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me 1500+! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

Share with Facebook
Old 12-07-2009, 03:40 AM   #6
kitarpyar
kitarpyar
is a rank novice now
Max Brawn
Points: 23,583, Level: 94 Points: 23,583, Level: 94 Points: 23,583, Level: 94
Activity: 42% Activity: 42% Activity: 42%

Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
My Mood: Aggressive
kitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master member

Subbed
kitarpyar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 12-07-2009, 04:25 AM   #7
Shaolinkiwi
Shaolinkiwi
Back to square 1
Ground Zero Training
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitarpyar View Post
Subbed
haha I sea u there

T-Alpha Log - CURRENT

Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me 1500+! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

Share with Facebook
Old 12-07-2009, 01:54 PM   #8
strkout35
strkout35
is starting the full body routine again
Max Brawn
Points: 10,027, Level: 66 Points: 10,027, Level: 66 Points: 10,027, Level: 66

My Mood: Mellow
strkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machine

damn that cardio looks pretty intense, i'm interested ha i'll be stopping by to check up on the progress

_________Goals:__
Squat:______275
Deadlift:_____315
Bench:______185
Press:_______135

"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe"
strkout35 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 12-07-2009, 03:31 PM   #9
Shaolinkiwi
Shaolinkiwi
Back to square 1
Ground Zero Training
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by strkout35 View Post
damn that cardio looks pretty intense, i'm interested ha i'll be stopping by to check up on the progress
please do.

It has to be fairly intense for me as I store fat easily. Can't remember which one is which...I think it's an endo-morph? i.e. find it hard to shed the weight I'm aiming for single digit BF% but it's stubborn to drop.

So I have to up my game, as this is one battle I will win, may take time as everyone's body burns fat from different areas at different times. So I just gotta keep on keeping on

T-Alpha Log - CURRENT

Share with Facebook
Old 12-07-2009, 07:52 PM   #10
Shaolinkiwi
Shaolinkiwi
Back to square 1
Ground Zero Training
Max Brawn

Default 21/08/09 - Cardio and then sum

Another cradio-laden workout today, I was meant to do 40 mins of LISS cardio but I got to the gym and both my buddy and me were feeling pretty good. Had a great sleep last night so thought stuff it let’s do some HIIT!!

So off we went and his what we got through today:

Floor wipes 1 x 50 x 90lbs**

Front Squats 2 x 20 x 90lbs Super setted with Barbell Clean press 2 x 10 x 90lbs

* Using the elliptical runner as my training buddy had a knee op a couple of months ago and still rehabbing.

20 mins elliptical runner Intervals
3 mins – lvl 7
Then incrementing 11, 12, 13, 14 reset
Then incrementing 11, 12, 13, 14 reset
Then incrementing 11, 12, 13, 16 reset
Then incrementing 11, 12, 17, 18 Finish

Cooled down with a slow walk on an incline.

** Got the floor wipes from the 300 workout. Lying on a bench in a smith rack put 45lb plates on each side and un-rack, holding this in the lock position you bring your feet to the right, back down, up the centre and back down, then up and over to the left…counts as 1 rep. Did that 50 times. Good for the abs and the shoulders.

T-Alpha Log - CURRENT

Share with Facebook