Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Powerlifting & Strength Training

Notices

Powerlifting & Strength Training Topics related to powerlifting and strength training.

Old 07-01-2013, 10:25 AM   #11
stayaggro
stayaggro
PULLS OVER EVERYTHING
Brawn
Points: 1,286, Level: 19 Points: 1,286, Level: 19 Points: 1,286, Level: 19
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: Since Oct '11
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: BTN Push Press
Fav Supp: Black Coffee
stayaggro has made some very good postsstayaggro has made some very good postsstayaggro has made some very good postsstayaggro has made some very good postsstayaggro has made some very good postsstayaggro has made some very good postsstayaggro has made some very good postsstayaggro has made some very good postsstayaggro has made some very good postsstayaggro has made some very good postsstayaggro has made some very good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteDreams View Post
Ok, here's a thought. Squat every day. Bench and deadlift every other day, 4 days bench, 3 days pulling. Of course it would take a while to work up to any appreciable weight.

Or run a continuous 3 day cycle of squat/bench/deads/squat/bench/deads/squat/bench/deads/squat/bench/deads. Ok breathe. I'm overthinking things.
I like overthinking things too. haha. If you were to do just squat/bench/deads, i'd throw in a light assistance day, to break it up, and maybe even do a cube thing with the main lifts .... like

1:ME Squat, 2: DE Bench, 3: RE Dead, 4: Light Assistance, 5: RE Squat, 6:ME Bench, 7: DE Dead, 8: Light Assistance, 9: DE Squat, 10: RE Bench, 11: ME Deads, 12: Light Assistance ... and keep going, rotating what you do for each lift, that would limit your week to two heavy sessions. I'd also really skimp on assistance on the main days.

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2013, 12:42 PM   #12
EliteDreams
EliteDreams
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing
Moderation is for cowards
Max Brawn
Points: 12,186, Level: 72 Points: 12,186, Level: 72 Points: 12,186, Level: 72
Activity: 41% Activity: 41% Activity: 41%

Training Exp: Started 5/2/11
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: PRs
Fav Supp: Steak
My Mood: Asleep
EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!

I watched Marks vid again. Writing stuffs down. I've pretty much made up my mind that I'm gonna give every day training a healthy green light. If you have anything else to add feel free. I appreciate the response, you guys have given me good things to consider.

The gates of hell have been unlocked, headstones pushed aside!
EliteDreams is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 07-01-2013, 12:48 PM   #13
5kgLifter
5kgLifter
loves teddy bears...
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Checkers Champion! Mario Kart Extreme! Champion! NG Holdem Champion! Javelin Champion! Mouse Batting Champion! Keno Champion!
Training Type: Other
My Mood: Cynical
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
I watched Marks vid again. Writing stuffs down. I've pretty much made up my mind that I'm gonna give every day training a healthy green light. If you have anything else to add feel free. I appreciate the response, you guys have given me good things to consider.
Just watch how your body responds and adjust if necessary...for example, initially, you may have to take one day out, in order to increase to the 7 days, if the body isn't quite ready for it.

You'll probably be fine though.

Share with Facebook
Old 07-01-2013, 01:16 PM   #14
EliteDreams
EliteDreams
Max Brawn

EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
Just watch how your body responds and adjust if necessary...for example, initially, you may have to take one day out, in order to increase to the 7 days, if the body isn't quite ready for it.

You'll probably be fine though.
Thanks.

This body isn't prepared for getting from the recliner to the bed, much less lifting weights. Oh well.

Share with Facebook
Old 07-01-2013, 02:00 PM   #15
moeheep
moeheep
wants a 900lb Total
Max Brawn
Points: 9,200, Level: 64 Points: 9,200, Level: 64 Points: 9,200, Level: 64
Activity: 46% Activity: 46% Activity: 46%

Training Exp: 1.5 years
Fav Exercise: DEADS
Fav Supp: Condense
My Mood: Amazed
moeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite member

I will be following with great interest Ben!!

Best Meet Lifts:
Squat = 325
Bench = 210
Dead = 353
Total = 888

The iron is there during my times of happiness, sadness and anger. The iron is there available through the 4 seasons and inclement weather. The iron is there to either comfort me or motivate me. The Iron manages to show me how strong I am or how humble I need to be. The iron does not yell, but it always demands respect. The iron is not a disciplinarian, but when disrespected, I feel it for a long time. The iron does not love or hate, but we definitely share a strong bond. And no matter how far I stay away or for how long, the iron is there, waiting to be lifted.
moeheep is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 07-01-2013, 03:56 PM   #16
evilinmotion
evilinmotion
has no status.
Evil Member
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,228, Level: 19 Points: 1,228, Level: 19 Points: 1,228, Level: 19
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 18 (13 powerlifting)
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: MHP
My Mood: Lurking
evilinmotion is a dedicated contributorevilinmotion is a dedicated contributorevilinmotion is a dedicated contributorevilinmotion is a dedicated contributorevilinmotion is a dedicated contributorevilinmotion is a dedicated contributorevilinmotion is a dedicated contributorevilinmotion is a dedicated contributorevilinmotion is a dedicated contributorevilinmotion is a dedicated contributorevilinmotion is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Ok, here's a thought. Squat every day. Bench and deadlift every other day, 4 days bench, 3 days pulling. Of course it would take a while to work up to any appreciable weight.

Or run a continuous 3 day cycle of squat/bench/deads/squat/bench/deads/squat/bench/deads/squat/bench/deads. Ok breathe. I'm overthinking things.
This I did a long time ago and it was a pain to get used to it but I got good gains from it... i would do 1 day heavy squats,light bench,light dl, next day light squats,heavy bench,light DL, last day light squats,light bench heavy DL..a day off and repeat...

Type 2 Diabetic / A1C: 12.9% @ 07 Aug 2013
evilinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 07-01-2013, 04:21 PM   #17
EliteDreams
EliteDreams
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilinmotion View Post
This I did a long time ago and it was a pain to get used to it but I got good gains from it... i would do 1 day heavy squats,light bench,light dl, next day light squats,heavy bench,light DL, last day light squats,light bench heavy DL..a day off and repeat...
I may try just that down the line. Right now I plan on doing some bber type days to build size and strength, create more leverage in addition to my fatness.

Share with Facebook
Old 07-01-2013, 08:37 PM   #18
glwanabe
glwanabe
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 14,731, Level: 78 Points: 14,731, Level: 78 Points: 14,731, Level: 78
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

It can be done. You will need to approach it slowly, and allow your connective tissue time to adapt.

I would start with a basic fullbody template, utilizing lighter weights, and working 5 days a week as a starting point. Keep total movements to a fairly low number. You will find some useful info by looking at Oly programing.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 07-01-2013, 10:01 PM   #19
HIThopper
HIThopper
Wants to squat 200kg
Max Brawn
Points: 3,233, Level: 35 Points: 3,233, Level: 35 Points: 3,233, Level: 35
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

My Mood: Relaxed
HIThopper is a dedicated contributorHIThopper is a dedicated contributorHIThopper is a dedicated contributorHIThopper is a dedicated contributorHIThopper is a dedicated contributorHIThopper is a dedicated contributorHIThopper is a dedicated contributorHIThopper is a dedicated contributorHIThopper is a dedicated contributorHIThopper is a dedicated contributorHIThopper is a dedicated contributor

Eat, you will grow like a weed if you never did this before.
HIThopper is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 07-01-2013, 10:07 PM   #20
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,469,713, Level: 100 Points: 1,469,713, Level: 100 Points: 1,469,713, Level: 100
Activity: 43% Activity: 43% Activity: 43%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I ran 6 days a week for 18 months. It's all about balancing volume and intensity, and takes a lot of tweaking and listening to your body.

I did a lot of working up to daily maxes, and focused on improving them.

For some lifts, variation is a must - deadlifts. I found no value in frequent floor pulling. Squats on the other hand I could do daily if I wanted to.

Right now I still use a variation of this type of programming. It takes a lot of discipline. You can't go in trying to kill yourself each day.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 07-02-2013 at 01:27 AM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook