Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Introduce Yourself Introduce Yourself to the Muscle and Brawn Community

Old 06-21-2013, 08:23 PM   #21
CODY_SNIDER
CODY_SNIDER
has no status.
Cody
Max Brawn
Points: 2,527, Level: 30 Points: 2,527, Level: 30 Points: 2,527, Level: 30
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 7
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: The big 3
CODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributor

I actually think your on the right track. I agree with the majority though. It would be better to focus on a primary lift/lifts on one day. For instance maybe combine the press and shoulder work which leaves you with a squat and deadlift day and work back on both of those days if you wanted to. The key is going to be volume/intensity control. Nothing wrong with starting at higher rep scheme and working down to lower over a period of 6, 8, 7, 13 weeks basically whatever you want. The main thing I like is you are addressing the muscles. I see to many people leaving out strengthening and building the muscles individually which leads to injury. Isnt that why we all started this in the first place? Didnt we all want bigger arms and chest haha. Micheal Shultze (SS method) really put things into perspective on how little I was actually doing in the gym. So add in your chest flies and split lunges nothing wrong with that! I put in over 40 sets today myself. O and please start using a bar to bench and eating carbs!!
CODY_SNIDER is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2013, 04:28 AM   #22
afraziaaaa
afraziaaaa
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 2,382, Level: 29 Points: 2,382, Level: 29 Points: 2,382, Level: 29
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Whey Protein
afraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machine

The routine you outlined would be great if you had been training for 5 or 10 years. Like almost everyone else has said up to this point, it is too much for you. Stick to big compound movements as a main lift for the day and a couple of accessories. Other than that, you are just wasting time. At this point you should be focusing on building a base of size and strength.

I don't think anyone else has asked so far...what does your diet look like? Without an adequate diet, your programming is irrelevant.
afraziaaaa is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 06-22-2013, 04:41 AM   #23
GT55
GT55
Wants 900 in 1 yr
Brawn
Points: 965, Level: 16 Points: 965, Level: 16 Points: 965, Level: 16
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Type: Wendler 531
Fav Exercise: Crunches of course
Fav Supp: A second plate
My Mood: Stressed
GT55 is a consistent contributorGT55 is a consistent contributorGT55 is a consistent contributorGT55 is a consistent contributorGT55 is a consistent contributorGT55 is a consistent contributorGT55 is a consistent contributorGT55 is a consistent contributorGT55 is a consistent contributorGT55 is a consistent contributorGT55 is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenrisulfr View Post
I have my wife doing an A/B. Squat then bench press. Squat then a hip hinge movement.
Guys, my wife is at me all the time to design her a program. Is it a case of what works for guys work for girls too?
GT55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 06-22-2013, 05:02 AM   #24
OHDL
OHDL
Wants more milk!
Max Brawn
Points: 3,317, Level: 35 Points: 3,317, Level: 35 Points: 3,317, Level: 35
Activity: 29% Activity: 29% Activity: 29%

100m Running Champion!
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Milk
My Mood: Tired
OHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT55 View Post
Guys, my wife is at me all the time to design her a program. Is it a case of what works for guys work for girls too?
Yeah, we are all human My girlfriends basically does does exactly what i do, minus shrugs and dips. I log her workouts with mine on here.
Dead: 200 kg (180 kg)

Start training BJJ/Judo and compete, do a meet, eat more steak !

Take a more positive outlook on life.

"Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way."

- Christopher Hitchens
OHDL is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 06-22-2013, 05:05 AM   #25
OHDL
OHDL
Wants more milk!
Max Brawn
Points: 3,317, Level: 35 Points: 3,317, Level: 35 Points: 3,317, Level: 35
Activity: 29% Activity: 29% Activity: 29%

100m Running Champion!
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Milk
My Mood: Tired
OHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by erjomia View Post
Do you suggest taking Muscle Building Foods??
What are muscle building foods? Just eat lots of nutritious foods, eggs, milk, chicken, beef, olive oil, butter, veg and fruit ect.
Dead: 200 kg (180 kg)

Start training BJJ/Judo and compete, do a meet, eat more steak !

Take a more positive outlook on life.

"Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way."

- Christopher Hitchens
OHDL is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 06-22-2013, 05:08 AM   #26
leefarley
leefarley
lifts weights in his shed
Max Brawn
Points: 7,066, Level: 55 Points: 7,066, Level: 55 Points: 7,066, Level: 55
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 2
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: protein powder
My Mood: Lurking
leefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by erjomia View Post
Do you suggest taking Muscle Building Foods??
if you want to build muscle, yeah.

Share with Facebook