Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Powerlifting & Strength Training

Notices

Powerlifting & Strength Training Topics related to powerlifting and strength training.

Old 05-30-2013, 04:10 PM   #1
EliteDreams
EliteDreams
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing
Moderation is for cowards
Max Brawn
Points: 12,832, Level: 73 Points: 12,832, Level: 73 Points: 12,832, Level: 73
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: Started 5/2/11
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: PRs
Fav Supp: Steak
My Mood: Asleep
EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!
Default 5 reasons women shouldn't be intimidated by powerlifting

5 Reasons Women Shouldn't Be Intimidated by Powerlifting - Juggernaut Training Systems - Juggernaut Training Systems

The gates of hell have been unlocked, headstones pushed aside!
EliteDreams is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2013, 12:23 PM   #2
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,551,268, Level: 100 Points: 1,551,268, Level: 100 Points: 1,551,268, Level: 100
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:

Quote:
Women can lift heavy too AND still be feminine. Take me for instance. I weigh 128 lbs. on most days and Iím able to squat over double my bodyweight. Has it hurt or injured me? No. Do I look or speak like a man? No. Instead, itís made me more confident both mentally and physically, Iím leaner and in better physical condition than I was previously, and I get many more compliments from both men and women about my appearance than ever before (which says something considering I used to weigh 17lbs. less before I started powerlifting AND I still wear the same clothes size!).
It will help you reach your fitness goals. Whatever they may be, having a competition to work towards often doubles as a great training motivator and intensifier. I know that I want to perform my very best in a meet. It makes me mentally and physically kick things up a notch. Plus, I have the extra motivation to make sure that I stay on track with my diet. End result? I become stronger at a faster rate while simultaneously seeing results in my body composition from the added help from my diet.
It gives you a chance to challenge yourself/showcase all of your hard work. Donít get me wrong; I challenge myself every single day in the gym. However, pushing yourself in a competition is a completely different feeling. You get an adrenaline rush that quickly turns into a powerlifting addiction. A meet is where you shoot for personal records that you have never reached before. This is the opportunity to show yourself as well as everyone else there just how much your hard work has paid off. Who wouldnít want to showcase a 20lb bench personal record to the public? Thatís something to be proud of. Especially if itís taken you a couple of months to get over that number youíve been stuck at for what seemed to be an eternity.
The powerlifting community is a supportive network full of informative individuals. Thereís no need to be intimidated because everyone is very supportive of each otherís goals and extremely friendly. If you need help there is always someone there willing to give you a hand. Never have I stepped inside a powerlifting meet and left without meeting and learning something from at least five new people. If you have questions, these individuals are more than happy to answer them while giving you several different ideas to troubleshoot your problems. We were all beginners once and are continuously learning new things about the sport. Plus, we all share a common goal: to make progress.
Finally, competition with other females is friendly and motivating. Itís not fun competing with men all of the time. Itís nice to have some camaraderie while still having a little friendly competition on the platform. At the end of the day everyone walks out as friends. Unlike many other sports, the female competitors are not cutthroat. Instead we are very supportive of one another. The group of females that powerlift is a small one, so we are all just trying to spread awareness to help the sport grow. It helps to have other women there to ask questions that men may not understand or relate to.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook