Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 05-20-2013, 03:58 PM   #1
LindenGarcia18
LindenGarcia18
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 6,327, Level: 51 Points: 6,327, Level: 51 Points: 6,327, Level: 51
Activity: 31% Activity: 31% Activity: 31%

Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: Dips
My Mood: Happy
LindenGarcia18 is a lifting machineLindenGarcia18 is a lifting machineLindenGarcia18 is a lifting machineLindenGarcia18 is a lifting machineLindenGarcia18 is a lifting machineLindenGarcia18 is a lifting machineLindenGarcia18 is a lifting machineLindenGarcia18 is a lifting machineLindenGarcia18 is a lifting machineLindenGarcia18 is a lifting machineLindenGarcia18 is a lifting machine
Default Mini cuts

This is something that could help me stay motivated and keep my worry of fat gain at bay.

The idea is you bulk for 3-5 months, or really however many you want, and then you spend 4-6 weeks on a mini cut, then immediately resume your bulk.

The idea is that any amount of fat you do gain between 3-5 months of bulking, you can get rid of in a few weeks, and then carry on, because if your not dirty bulking, it'll only be a few pounds.

I'm aware that as a teen going on a deficit could be detrimental to my growth, so I would go to maintenance calories, and do some high intensity cardio, to burn off a few hundred calories each day, rather than eat less.

I know I should just be bulking for the next few years, but if I do this every so often, maybe 4-6 months in, I won't have that fear of getting fat anymore.
Thats the idea anyway.

I would defiantly not want to LOSE weight. Simply to remain around the same body fat %, and let the muscle gain take care of the rest.

Not really ideal I know, but for someone with a modeling job and OCD, this could be a good solution.
Would be thinking of doing it in the next 4 or 5 months.

What do you think?
LindenGarcia18 is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2013, 07:19 PM   #2
Khamo
Khamo
is breathing into his balls
New Brawn
Points: 415, Level: 8 Points: 415, Level: 8 Points: 415, Level: 8
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 6 months
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Sqwat
My Mood: Asleep
Khamo has made some good postsKhamo has made some good postsKhamo has made some good postsKhamo has made some good postsKhamo has made some good postsKhamo has made some good postsKhamo has made some good postsKhamo has made some good posts

i think this is a great idea. im currently doing this ( 1 week in) and im trying to lean up a little more for the summer. im around 15%-17% body fat and the whole idea was to get down to around 12% or 10% and then continue bulking.

Squat - 315
Bench - 225
Deadlift - 350

GOT A LONG WAY TO GO

To keep the body in good health is a duty... otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear. ~Buddha
Khamo is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 05-25-2013, 07:48 PM   #3
gaspers04
gaspers04
is "Thickneck McBenchpress"
Max Brawn
Points: 16,365, Level: 82 Points: 16,365, Level: 82 Points: 16,365, Level: 82
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 20 yrs.
Training Type: Westside
Fav Exercise: All of Them! Bench, hehe.
Fav Supp: Food
My Mood: Brooding
gaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master member

Why not adjust your macros, keep your caloric intake high to continue to gain muscle/strength instead of cutting?

Supplements
M & S's Isofuel Chocolate, MGN's Dextrose,Universal's Beef Aminos and AAEFX's Kre-Alkalyn.
gaspers04 is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 05-25-2013, 08:24 PM   #4
Boom
Boom
don't need no stinkin' status.
Brawn
Points: 911, Level: 16 Points: 911, Level: 16 Points: 911, Level: 16
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 1.5 years
Training Type: Fullbody
My Mood: Cheerful
Boom is a consistent contributorBoom is a consistent contributorBoom is a consistent contributorBoom is a consistent contributorBoom is a consistent contributorBoom is a consistent contributorBoom is a consistent contributorBoom is a consistent contributorBoom is a consistent contributorBoom is a consistent contributorBoom is a consistent contributor

I gotta be honest; I think the OCD mixed with teen modeling is leading you down a path of poor fitness/health decisions.
Boom is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 05-25-2013, 08:39 PM   #5
prstylee
prstylee
slowly but surely
Brawn
Points: 663, Level: 13 Points: 663, Level: 13 Points: 663, Level: 13
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%

Training Exp: 1
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Pie
My Mood: Mellow
prstylee is a dedicated contributorprstylee is a dedicated contributorprstylee is a dedicated contributorprstylee is a dedicated contributorprstylee is a dedicated contributorprstylee is a dedicated contributorprstylee is a dedicated contributorprstylee is a dedicated contributorprstylee is a dedicated contributorprstylee is a dedicated contributorprstylee is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaspers04 View Post
Why not adjust your macros, keep your caloric intake high to continue to gain muscle/strength instead of cutting?
This if your picture is fairly accurate, would probably be a better idea to figure out your maintenance intake first balance out your macros and aim for a slower gain if your afraid of fat gain, shoot for 2lbs a month at most. Thats a good number for lean gaining, keep shooting up and down in short intervals your just spinning your wheels.
prstylee is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 05-27-2013, 10:52 PM   #6
Davis
Davis
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 3,523, Level: 37 Points: 3,523, Level: 37 Points: 3,523, Level: 37
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 1 day
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: More deadlifts
Davis is a lifting machineDavis is a lifting machineDavis is a lifting machineDavis is a lifting machineDavis is a lifting machineDavis is a lifting machineDavis is a lifting machineDavis is a lifting machineDavis is a lifting machineDavis is a lifting machineDavis is a lifting machine

Here's where you are wrong: You are EXPECTING to put on a lot of fat. I struggled with this for my first year and some. I was 6'3" and 155 pounds when I started lifting. When I go back and see pictures of myself at that weight, and even 165, I am in absolute shock.(Partially how skinny I was, and how worried I was to put on an ounce of fat.) I don't know what your height, weight, or lifts, but I can guarantee that adding 15-20 pounds of body weight will do you well. I guarantee getting to 350 lb squat, 225 lb bench, and a 405 lb deadlift will do you more than what is going on now for you.

Here's the thing: no one is telling you to get fat. I don't know a single thing about modeling, but I bet that with a little more muscle, you'll have more opportunities. If you lose a few jobs over the next year because you aren't quite as lean as you are now, what is that in the long run if more muscle gets you more jobs later? If you put on 10 pounds of muscle over the next year, you're going to look better.

If you're serious about putting on 10-20...or even 5 pounds of muscle, now is not the time to worry about doing a cut every few months. While I agree it is probably a fine idea, you need to just be training hard and eating well. Also, Gasper's idea of adjusting macros is really good too. He's been training 20 years. He wouldn't be a bad guy to listen to.

Again, if you lose a couple of jobs because your abs aren't as shiny over this next year or whatever, you'll probably get more when you are just as lean again with more muscle. Maybe I'm wrong, and it's your decision, but I think it's worth a shot. Good luck.
Davis is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 05-28-2013, 03:08 PM   #7
LindenGarcia18
LindenGarcia18
has no status.
Max Brawn

LindenGarcia18 is a lifting machineLindenGarcia18 is a lifting machineLindenGarcia18 is a lifting machineLindenGarcia18 is a lifting machineLindenGarcia18 is a lifting machineLindenGarcia18 is a lifting machineLindenGarcia18 is a lifting machineLindenGarcia18 is a lifting machineLindenGarcia18 is a lifting machineLindenGarcia18 is a lifting machineLindenGarcia18 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom View Post
I gotta be honest; I think the OCD mixed with teen modeling is leading you down a path of poor fitness/health decisions.
Yeah your probably right. Though its not really as simple as that. My OCD won't up and vanish any time soon, and I really want to keep my job.

I have the information I need, its just the OCD about the modeling job keeps holding me back, its a bit of a struggle.

Share with Facebook
Old 05-28-2013, 03:14 PM   #8
LindenGarcia18
LindenGarcia18
has no status.
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis View Post
Here's where you are wrong: You are EXPECTING to put on a lot of fat. I struggled with this for my first year and some. I was 6'3" and 155 pounds when I started lifting. When I go back and see pictures of myself at that weight, and even 165, I am in absolute shock.(Partially how skinny I was, and how worried I was to put on an ounce of fat.) I don't know what your height, weight, or lifts, but I can guarantee that adding 15-20 pounds of body weight will do you well. I guarantee getting to 350 lb squat, 225 lb bench, and a 405 lb deadlift will do you more than what is going on now for you.

Here's the thing: no one is telling you to get fat. I don't know a single thing about modeling, but I bet that with a little more muscle, you'll have more opportunities. If you lose a few jobs over the next year because you aren't quite as lean as you are now, what is that in the long run if more muscle gets you more jobs later? If you put on 10 pounds of muscle over the next year, you're going to look better.

If you're serious about putting on 10-20...or even 5 pounds of muscle, now is not the time to worry about doing a cut every few months. While I agree it is probably a fine idea, you need to just be training hard and eating well. Also, Gasper's idea of adjusting macros is really good too. He's been training 20 years. He wouldn't be a bad guy to listen to.

Again, if you lose a couple of jobs because your abs aren't as shiny over this next year or whatever, you'll probably get more when you are just as lean again with more muscle. Maybe I'm wrong, and it's your decision, but I think it's worth a shot. Good luck.

Yeah, your right.

I would certainly have more opportunities with more muscle.

Thanks for the advice.

Share with Facebook
Old 05-28-2013, 03:15 PM   #9
LindenGarcia18
LindenGarcia18
has no status.
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by prstylee View Post
This if your picture is fairly accurate, would probably be a better idea to figure out your maintenance intake first balance out your macros and aim for a slower gain if your afraid of fat gain, shoot for 2lbs a month at most. Thats a good number for lean gaining, keep shooting up and down in short intervals your just spinning your wheels.
Yeah thats what I'm shooting for, around 2 pounds per month.

Share with Facebook
Old 05-28-2013, 03:16 PM   #10
LindenGarcia18
LindenGarcia18
has no status.
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaspers04 View Post
I'm not really sure what you mean, adjust them how?
I wouldn't really know what to alter.

Share with Facebook