Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 04-11-2013, 02:52 PM   #1
cairnsey08
cairnsey08
has no status.
Brawn
Points: 1,205, Level: 19 Points: 1,205, Level: 19 Points: 1,205, Level: 19
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: half a year
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Whey protein
cairnsey08 is off to a good startcairnsey08 is off to a good startcairnsey08 is off to a good start
Default Eating disorders and trying to build muscle

Hey guys, this may seem to be odd that am taking about this, I need support from all yous guys and the best advice, over the last 2 years I have beenb fighting a eating disorder not a full on one but certainand w degree, I want to get muscular and big but am scared to put on weight to a certain degree and when i start to put on weight i panic about whats happening and what other people are going to think, and dont feel as if my muscles are growing am just getting fat, I have a couple of problems with my body which my doc might think is Hypothroidism this scares the crap out of me and I have caused it through my eating disorder, thinking that i have it makes me loose all my motivation, I am waiting on blood results at the moment.

I found it really hard to talk about this not alot of people know i have a eating disorder and i thought opening up to yous guys is a big step, to be able to become bigger ans stronger than ever before
cairnsey08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2013, 06:49 AM   #2
SaxonViolence
SaxonViolence
has no status.
Brawn
Points: 1,222, Level: 19 Points: 1,222, Level: 19 Points: 1,222, Level: 19
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

My Mood: Yeehaw
SaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributor
Cool

Friend,

I'm no expert.

More than likely more knowledgeable people will weigh in...

Perhaps if you set a limit?

Say 20 pounds?

Worst case scenario:

You bulk up by 20 pounds and Lo and Behold, contrary to anyone else's experience you put on 20 pounds of pure dee fat...

How long would it take you to lose 20 pounds?

You should be able to loose 20 pounds in about 10 weeks without getting into Arcane and Bizarre Dieting.

So maybe if you keep telling yourself that, it will let you take the "Risk".

Just a thought.

Saxon Violence
SaxonViolence is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 04-12-2013, 06:58 AM   #3
ehubbard
ehubbard
has no status.
Raw/Multiply Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 9,852, Level: 66 Points: 9,852, Level: 66 Points: 9,852, Level: 66
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 15
Training Type: Powerlifting
My Mood: Grumpy
ehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beast

There's no shame in seeking psychotherapy in addition to working with a medical doctor.

Share with Facebook
Old 04-12-2013, 08:21 AM   #4
I WILL
I WILL
says"will there be snacks?"
Max Brawn
Points: 5,091, Level: 45 Points: 5,091, Level: 45 Points: 5,091, Level: 45
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 2-4 years 2 serious
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Romanian Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
My Mood: Inspired
I WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cairnsey08 View Post
Hey guys, this may seem to be odd that am taking about this, I need support from all yous guys and the best advice, over the last 2 years I have beenb fighting a eating disorder not a full on one but certainand w degree, I want to get muscular and big but am scared to put on weight to a certain degree and when i start to put on weight i panic about whats happening and what other people are going to think, and dont feel as if my muscles are growing am just getting fat, I have a couple of problems with my body which my doc might think is Hypothroidism this scares the crap out of me and I have caused it through my eating disorder, thinking that i have it makes me loose all my motivation, I am waiting on blood results at the moment.

I found it really hard to talk about this not alot of people know i have a eating disorder and i thought opening up to yous guys is a big step, to be able to become bigger ans stronger than ever before
Hi cairnsey
I am sorry i did not see your post sooner. You should not worry about what others think of you. Those in your life who care about you only want you happy and whats best for you. Toss the others aside. But you have to do it for you.

If you eat ALOT of clean calories and train with consistency you won't get fat you will build muscle. It takes time and it is scarry but you might be pleasantly surprised with the changes you see in the mirror.

My story is different, but I was very thin as well. I am proof that you can do it. It takes a lot of time and believing in yourself. It wont happen overnight, but stick with it and it will.

I would be happy to take you under my wing and help you in anyway i can. You can PM me.

Good luck to you

Lisa

MAB Sponsored Athlete

My Website: Nutrition Beast
I WILL is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook