Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 03-29-2013, 01:51 PM   #1
Bear
Bear
Training
Brawn
Points: 1,453, Level: 21 Points: 1,453, Level: 21 Points: 1,453, Level: 21
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift and Bench
Fav Supp: Food
My Mood: Inspired
Bear is a consistent contributorBear is a consistent contributorBear is a consistent contributorBear is a consistent contributorBear is a consistent contributorBear is a consistent contributorBear is a consistent contributorBear is a consistent contributorBear is a consistent contributorBear is a consistent contributorBear is a consistent contributor
Default ZMA for recovery and sleep aid

I am trying Cellucor ZMA for the first time to help with my recovery and hopefully sleep. Does anyone out there have experience with it?
Bear is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2013, 03:09 PM   #2
brad1224
brad1224
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 5,212, Level: 46 Points: 5,212, Level: 46 Points: 5,212, Level: 46
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Cake Of Chaos Champion!
brad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machine

never tried the cellucore zma but i tried zma before and it made me sleep like a little baby...so in turn when you are able to sleep deeper and longer without awaking in the middle of the night your hormone levels will totally regulate so then you will have the greatest opportunity for you body to repair...this is all what should happen..will it? maybe but i can tell you that it will help you have deeper sleep.

***AAEFX REP***

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AllAmericanEFX
Twitter: @AllAmericanEFX
Instagram: @AAEFX

http://www.aaefx.com
brad1224 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 03-29-2013, 06:07 PM   #3
Soldier
Soldier
is judging you.
Max Brawn
Points: 13,661, Level: 76 Points: 13,661, Level: 76 Points: 13,661, Level: 76
Activity: 46% Activity: 46% Activity: 46%

Training Exp: On and off for 15 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
My Mood: Doubtful
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

I've read tons of good reports, so take this for the single opposing report that it is, but ZMA kept me awake. It made my heart race and it took hours to fall asleep. This was the only thing I added at the time, so I know it was the ZMA that had this effect. It was odd, to say the least, considering that this was the opposite of it's intended result.

I was disappointed. But I used it during my last PCT, since I already had it and all.
Goals-
Win.
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 04-01-2013, 03:48 PM   #4
Bear
Bear
Training
Brawn

Bear is a consistent contributorBear is a consistent contributorBear is a consistent contributorBear is a consistent contributorBear is a consistent contributorBear is a consistent contributorBear is a consistent contributorBear is a consistent contributorBear is a consistent contributorBear is a consistent contributorBear is a consistent contributor

3 nights in and the jury is out. Falling asleep not an issue but I have woken up with weird dreams... I will try and continue the specified dose and see what happens.

Share with Facebook
Old 04-01-2013, 05:37 PM   #5
linedriver465
linedriver465
Work, Eat, Train, Sleep, Rinse, Repeat
Max Brawn
Points: 5,638, Level: 48 Points: 5,638, Level: 48 Points: 5,638, Level: 48
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%

Training Exp: 3.5 years
Training Type: Volume
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Caffeine
linedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beast

I've used zma in the past - it really seems to benefit those deficient in those minerals/vitamins but it didnt do crap for me sleep wise. I have trouble falling and staying asleep. Generic melatonin and gabapentin help with the former and latter respectively. YMMV
linedriver465 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 04-01-2013, 06:41 PM   #6
eggfat
eggfat
has no status.
New Brawn
Points: 301, Level: 6 Points: 301, Level: 6 Points: 301, Level: 6

eggfat has made some quality postseggfat has made some quality postseggfat has made some quality postseggfat has made some quality postseggfat has made some quality postseggfat has made some quality postseggfat has made some quality posts

What is zma? I have never heard of it before. Do you need an RX for it? Or is it over the counter?
eggfat is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 04-01-2013, 07:49 PM   #7
Soldier
Soldier
is judging you.
Max Brawn
Points: 13,661, Level: 76 Points: 13,661, Level: 76 Points: 13,661, Level: 76
Activity: 46% Activity: 46% Activity: 46%

Training Exp: On and off for 15 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
My Mood: Doubtful
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggfat View Post
What is zma? I have never heard of it before. Do you need an RX for it? Or is it over the counter?
Zinc, magnesium and aspartate=zma. It's just a supplement, like creatine or anything else. It's been claimed that it will help testosterone levels, but that hasn't been proven. It does, however, usually help with sleep. People claim to sleep more deeply, although there are also claims of wild dreams on ZMA. Results vary.
Goals-
Win.
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 04-03-2013, 10:34 AM   #8
Bear
Bear
Training
Brawn

I am returning it. I did not use it last night and slept better so it did not work for.

Share with Facebook
Old 04-03-2013, 07:54 PM   #9
eggfat
eggfat
has no status.
New Brawn
Points: 301, Level: 6 Points: 301, Level: 6 Points: 301, Level: 6

eggfat has made some quality postseggfat has made some quality postseggfat has made some quality postseggfat has made some quality postseggfat has made some quality postseggfat has made some quality postseggfat has made some quality posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier View Post
Zinc, magnesium and aspartate=zma. It's just a supplement, like creatine or anything else. It's been claimed that it will help testosterone levels, but that hasn't been proven. It does, however, usually help with sleep. People claim to sleep more deeply, although there are also claims of wild dreams on ZMA. Results vary.
Thanks man. I appreciate it. So like everything else, it may work for some and not for others.
eggfat is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 04-03-2013, 08:05 PM   #10
Bear
Bear
Training
Brawn

No problem, Not saying it can't work for others just not me. The dreams I had were really strange. I felt like I was tense all night.

Share with Facebook