Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > General Fitness & Health

Notices

General Fitness & Health Discuss general fitness. conditioning and health topics.

Old 04-07-2013, 12:40 PM   #1
angie828
angie828
has no status.
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,936, Level: 26 Points: 1,936, Level: 26 Points: 1,936, Level: 26
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

angie828 is a consistent contributorangie828 is a consistent contributorangie828 is a consistent contributorangie828 is a consistent contributorangie828 is a consistent contributorangie828 is a consistent contributorangie828 is a consistent contributorangie828 is a consistent contributorangie828 is a consistent contributorangie828 is a consistent contributorangie828 is a consistent contributor
Default Neck pain

Yesterday I woke up with a stiff neck and the pain is driving me crazy. I believe that it is from sleeping wrong, and has nothing to do with lifting. Anyway, I took some aspirin and took it easy for the day hoping that the pain would go away. Nope, this morning woke up to another hurting neck. What do you suggest that I do or take for this? I have never been to a chiro, and will not go. The sound of the bones popping freak me out, and my dad never believed in them, so that is why I have never been to one. What other than a chiro, do you do for a stiff neck?
angie828 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2013, 01:32 PM   #2
I WILL
I WILL
says"will there be snacks?"
Max Brawn
Points: 5,091, Level: 45 Points: 5,091, Level: 45 Points: 5,091, Level: 45
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 2-4 years 2 serious
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Romanian Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
My Mood: Inspired
I WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master member

You could try rotating between heat and ice. If you can find a good chiro through someone you know it might be worth it. I was always against them, but if you find a good one, you may change your mind.

MAB Sponsored Athlete

My Website: Nutrition Beast
I WILL is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 04-07-2013, 01:33 PM   #3
bruteforce
bruteforce
is Mr. Competitor
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn
Points: 15,108, Level: 79 Points: 15,108, Level: 79 Points: 15,108, Level: 79
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Voodoo.

You can go to your doctor and see if they will give you muscle relaxers. Chiropractors have worked to alleviate my neck and upper back pain, but if you don't like them, heavy opiates may be your only choice.

Share with Facebook
Old 04-07-2013, 03:30 PM   #4
5kgLifter
5kgLifter
loves teddy bears...
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Checkers Champion! Mario Kart Extreme! Champion! NG Holdem Champion! Javelin Champion! Mouse Batting Champion! Keno Champion!
Training Type: Other
My Mood: Cynical
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie828 View Post
Yesterday I woke up with a stiff neck and the pain is driving me crazy. I believe that it is from sleeping wrong, and has nothing to do with lifting. Anyway, I took some aspirin and took it easy for the day hoping that the pain would go away. Nope, this morning woke up to another hurting neck. What do you suggest that I do or take for this? I have never been to a chiro, and will not go. The sound of the bones popping freak me out, and my dad never believed in them, so that is why I have never been to one. What other than a chiro, do you do for a stiff neck?
But popping bones are fun There's a youtube vid which shows how to pop your own neck, I gave that a try and it felt great afterwards. You could also look into how you're sleeping, that's normally the cause, if there are no other underlying physical issues that are causing it; yoga helps too, nothing intense, just the Sun Salutation which takes a few minutes, done once everyday.

Share with Facebook
Old 04-08-2013, 08:22 PM   #5
hercules455
hercules455
has no status.
Brawn
Points: 451, Level: 9 Points: 451, Level: 9 Points: 451, Level: 9
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 14
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: DEADLIFT!
Fav Supp: AAEFX KOTIC
My Mood: Amazed
hercules455 is a consistent contributorhercules455 is a consistent contributorhercules455 is a consistent contributorhercules455 is a consistent contributorhercules455 is a consistent contributorhercules455 is a consistent contributorhercules455 is a consistent contributorhercules455 is a consistent contributorhercules455 is a consistent contributorhercules455 is a consistent contributorhercules455 is a consistent contributor

I would really go see a chiropractor. I have issues with my left trap tightening up on me like you wouldn't believe and my chiro does the graston technique to my neck muscles and shoulder at its amazing.
hercules455 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 04-09-2013, 05:39 AM   #6
TitanCT
TitanCT
throwing iron and eating pizza.
Manlet of Malice
Max Brawn
Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67

My Mood: Aggressive
TitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master member

i always go to a chiro or a massage therapist first. i literally have a small army of massage therapist friends and one even does accupuncture.

Advanced Muscle Science Rep
Learn.Apply.Grow

www.advancedmusclescience.com

ForeRunnerLabs
www.forerunnerlabs.com/

The Lab
www.advancedmusclesciencelab.com//

"Abs on a skinny guy are like big boobs on a fat chick - they don't count." -Shelby Starnes
TitanCT is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 04-09-2013, 02:25 PM   #7
quigs
quigs
has no status.
Brawn
Points: 596, Level: 11 Points: 596, Level: 11 Points: 596, Level: 11

quigs has made some good postsquigs has made some good postsquigs has made some good postsquigs has made some good postsquigs has made some good postsquigs has made some good postsquigs has made some good postsquigs has made some good postsquigs has made some good postsquigs has made some good postsquigs has made some good posts

I have always used heat on my neck and it take the pain away. Along with some advil. Or see if your husband could give you a massage.
I do not recommend popping your neck yourself. Did you know that if you do it the wrong way you can paralize yourself?
quigs is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 04-09-2013, 06:40 PM   #8
eggfat
eggfat
has no status.
New Brawn
Points: 301, Level: 6 Points: 301, Level: 6 Points: 301, Level: 6
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

eggfat has made some quality postseggfat has made some quality postseggfat has made some quality postseggfat has made some quality postseggfat has made some quality postseggfat has made some quality postseggfat has made some quality posts

Quigs I have heard that as well. I like my chiro that I go and see. I would suggest that you go to place to get it massaged if you do not want to go to a chiro. And add some heat as well. And take ibuprofen too.
eggfat is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook