Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 03-22-2013, 12:49 PM   #1
LindenGarcia18
LindenGarcia18
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 8,343, Level: 61 Points: 8,343, Level: 61 Points: 8,343, Level: 61
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: One arm dumbbell rows.
My Mood: Happy
LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast
Default Do i have to eat eggs?

I had hormonal acne a while back, I overcame it, but now since I started my muscle building diet, I'm starting to see a few spots again.

I've been having 6 eggs a day for breakfast recently, and I think this might be what's causing it to come back (it was none existent before this new diet, and eggs are known for disrupting teenage hormones and causing spots.)

Since I do quite a bit of modeling work, acne doesn't bode well when trying to get the job.
Is there anything I can eat for breakfast thats going to give m the same amount of protein as the eggs?
Will I be somehow at a disadvantage if I don't eat them?

Last edited by LindenGarcia18; 03-22-2013 at 12:53 PM.
LindenGarcia18 is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2013, 12:58 PM   #2
Off Road
Off Road
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Tournaments Won: 9

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

I don't know the ins-and-outs of food reactions, I'll let somebody smarter than I tend to that question. But I do know that eggs are just food and are made up of macros and calories. They are in no way required and do not have any magical properties. Just replace them with something else.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 03-22-2013, 01:00 PM   #3
5kgLifter
5kgLifter
loves teddy bears...
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Checkers Champion! Mario Kart Extreme! Champion! NG Holdem Champion! Javelin Champion! Mouse Batting Champion! Keno Champion!
Training Type: Other
My Mood: Cynical
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindenGarcia18 View Post
I had hormonal acne a while back, I overcame it, but now since I started my muscle building diet, I'm starting to see a few spots again.

I've been having 6 eggs a day for breakfast recently, and I think this might be what's causing it to come back (it was none existent before this new diet, and eggs are known for disrupting teenage hormones and causing spots.)

Since I do quite a bit of modeling work, acne doesn't bode well when trying to get the job.
Is there anything I can eat for breakfast thats going to give m the same amount of protein as the eggs?
Will I be somehow at a disadvantage if I don't eat them?
In theory, there is no one food you must eat, remember some people are allergic and won't be able to eat them, which means that it stands to reason, that you don't have to.

• Lifting itself can cause increases in test levels which in turn can cause acne as well.
  • Carbs are also known to cause acne.
  • Sweat can cause acne.
  • Oils/fats (milk) can cause acne.

...etc...the list is endless, to find out whether the eggs are causing it, eliminate them for a while and see what happens, then you'll know, but make sure you don't alter two items at once otherwise you may not get an accurate result. If they are the problem, it may be that you need to introduce them slowly, that can work, instead of a massive increase of a food to the system.

Last edited by 5kgLifter; 03-22-2013 at 01:06 PM.
5kgLifter is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 03-22-2013, 01:16 PM   #4
leefarley
leefarley
lifts weights in his shed
Max Brawn
Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: protein powder
My Mood: Lurking
leefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master member

yes you do need to eat them or you will go catabolic and die.
leefarley is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 03-22-2013, 01:49 PM   #5
LindenGarcia18
LindenGarcia18
has no status.
Max Brawn

LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast

Ok, thanks. I'll substitute them then.
Does anyone know of any good breakfast substitutes?

Last edited by LindenGarcia18; 03-22-2013 at 02:10 PM.

Share with Facebook
Old 03-22-2013, 02:26 PM   #6
LindenGarcia18
LindenGarcia18
has no status.
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
In theory, there is no one food you must eat, remember some people are allergic and won't be able to eat them, which means that it stands to reason, that you don't have to.

• Lifting itself can cause increases in test levels which in turn can cause acne as well.
  • Carbs are also known to cause acne.
  • Sweat can cause acne.
  • Oils/fats (milk) can cause acne.

...etc...the list is endless, to find out whether the eggs are causing it, eliminate them for a while and see what happens, then you'll know, but make sure you don't alter two items at once otherwise you may not get an accurate result. If they are the problem, it may be that you need to introduce them slowly, that can work, instead of a massive increase of a food to the system.

yeah your right.
Carbs break down as sugar, and often cause an insulin spike, causing acne. Although that's mainly simple carbs and I don't have any of those.
Dairy is a big one for causing hormonal imbalances, particularly milk like you said.
Stress was the one that caused mine though. People underestimate that as a cause.

Last edited by LindenGarcia18; 03-22-2013 at 02:40 PM.

Share with Facebook
Old 03-22-2013, 02:48 PM   #7
leefarley
leefarley
lifts weights in his shed
Max Brawn
Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: protein powder
My Mood: Lurking
leefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindenGarcia18 View Post
Ok, thanks. I'll substitute them then.
Does anyone know of any good breakfast substitutes?
I dont know of a egg substitute but i would like to hear about one.

when i am fed up with eating eggs for breakfast i normally have a bowl of ready break with a scoop or two of whey mixed in it or you could have porridge and whey.

or sometimes i will just have protein shake of milk and milk powder with a scoop of whey and a banana.
leefarley is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 03-22-2013, 03:06 PM   #8
Off Road
Off Road
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83

Tournaments Won: 9

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

However, there is NO substitute for bacon.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 03-22-2013, 04:33 PM   #9
Corcioch
Corcioch
has no status.
New Brawn
Points: 286, Level: 5 Points: 286, Level: 5 Points: 286, Level: 5

Training Exp: 4
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Education
Corcioch has made some good postsCorcioch has made some good postsCorcioch has made some good postsCorcioch has made some good postsCorcioch has made some good postsCorcioch has made some good postsCorcioch has made some good postsCorcioch has made some good postsCorcioch has made some good postsCorcioch has made some good postsCorcioch has made some good posts

EGGS RULE!!!!!!!
Corcioch is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 03-22-2013, 04:40 PM   #10
bruteforce
bruteforce
is Mr. Competitor
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn
Points: 15,396, Level: 80 Points: 15,396, Level: 80 Points: 15,396, Level: 80
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%

If you don't like eggs, don't eat them. You can get protein from all kinds of places. But it is unlikely that eggs will cause acne. It is far more likely that increased sweat and oil from lifting is the culprit. If possible, immediately shower after lifting and change into new clothes. At the very least, wipe yourself down with a towel and change into new clothing if no shower is available.

Share with Facebook