has no status.
Cody
Max Brawn
Points: 2,524, Level: 30 Points: 2,524, Level: 30 Points: 2,524, Level: 30
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 7
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: The big 3
CODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributor

good to have you back. Good news is there should be only one set of knees to wrap tonight!
CODY_SNIDER is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2013, 01:59 AM   #22
CODY_SNIDER
CODY_SNIDER
has no status.
Cody
Max Brawn

CODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributor
Default Little bit of squatting

Warm ups: jump rope, rolling.

I have been working with Joe McDougall and Donnie Thompson on the squat leading into this meet. Joe has been coached by Don for a while and is a monster at 220 holding the teen world record with an 810 squat. And Mr. 3k needs no introduction.. This has made things really easy for me. Basically I just listen and do what they say!

155x5x2

265x3x2

briefs

355x2x2

465x2x2

suit bottoms

555x1

655x1

-shut it down as planned with my last straps down set.

-At the meet my next warm up will be 745 straps up plus crap wraps.

-opening 820

Kbell swings

10x6sets

standing abs against band x3set

Thats it!

Everyone besides Joe and I worked up to their openers. Im very excited to see some big numbers from all my teammates! Harry will be really close to setting a world record in the squat for his division and should crush the bench world record for the IPA. Ben and Jamison will both have huge days! And Joe will beat his previous squat record and take the bench and total world records as well. Look out for LGM barbell!!!

Share with Facebook
Old 03-26-2013, 06:18 AM   #23
d_b
d_b
is back!!!!
Brawn
Points: 1,172, Level: 18 Points: 1,172, Level: 18 Points: 1,172, Level: 18
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

My Mood: Cheerful
d_b is a consistent contributord_b is a consistent contributord_b is a consistent contributord_b is a consistent contributord_b is a consistent contributord_b is a consistent contributord_b is a consistent contributord_b is a consistent contributord_b is a consistent contributord_b is a consistent contributord_b is a consistent contributor

Sorry I had to roll out like that. All of you guys are ready. I wish I was doing the meet but its probably best with all the crap Ive had going on. The thing about all of your squats that have impressed me the most is all of your reps have looked the same for the past several weeks. Once youre that locked in then the rest is a cake walk.
d_b is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 03-26-2013, 06:30 AM   #24
J_Byrd
J_Byrd
is the bomb!
Max Brawn
Points: 18,973, Level: 87 Points: 18,973, Level: 87 Points: 18,973, Level: 87
Activity: 30% Activity: 30% Activity: 30%

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODY_SNIDER View Post
good to have you back. Good news is there should be only one set of knees to wrap tonight!
You pansies! wrap your own knees!!!

Do you really feel it makes that big of difference in someone else wrapping? I think it would help me from not being so fat and about to pass out on the way to the bar!

Looking fwd to seeing what you hit on meet day!

Proudly sponsored by

http://muscleandbrawn.com

http://bigworkoutplan.com/

http://www.andersonpowerlifting.com/Default.asp

"This is about strength, not getting a 10.0 form score from the Russian judge" Steve Shaw
J_Byrd is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 03-26-2013, 06:53 AM   #25
d_b
d_b
is back!!!!
Brawn

d_b is a consistent contributord_b is a consistent contributord_b is a consistent contributord_b is a consistent contributord_b is a consistent contributord_b is a consistent contributord_b is a consistent contributord_b is a consistent contributord_b is a consistent contributord_b is a consistent contributord_b is a consistent contributor

Byrd, it def does. I can wrap my own knees tighter than anyone in briefs but if I put on a suit I cant get them tight enough to get the pop. The bing thing about wrapping knees is wrap placement and having it the right tightness for that lifter. Cody doesnt like a tight wrap, Jamison does, and Coker told me to break his legs lol. My big thing is when my knees are wrapped right as soon as I start to sit into the squat it feels like I have a shelf under my knees to sit on. Then again Coan wrapped his own knees too. Its all in what works the best.

Share with Facebook
Old 03-26-2013, 02:06 PM   #26
CODY_SNIDER
CODY_SNIDER
has no status.
Cody
Max Brawn

I am the worst knee wrapper ever! I wrap my own a good bit in training but when the suits on I let the master db do his thing

Share with Facebook
Old 03-26-2013, 02:08 PM   #27
CODY_SNIDER
CODY_SNIDER
has no status.
Cody
Max Brawn

I wrapped Joes knees last night he looked down and said "hmm I have never seen a knee wrapped like that before. I can bend my knee" Haha

Share with Facebook
Old 03-28-2013, 01:40 AM   #28
CODY_SNIDER
CODY_SNIDER
has no status.
Cody
Max Brawn

Default RAAWWW bench

Havent been able to push my raw bench to hard over the last couple months because of a some bicep tendonitis. But rolling it every day and taking a little extra time warming up has made it all but go away. Wish I would have known that 2 months ago!!

Warm up: sledge hammer work x30 each arm. Lots of rolling

95x10x2

135x10x2

185x5x2

225x5x2

275x3x2

315x1

365x1

405x1

435x1

missed 470

Came off the chest good then stopped hard! Would have been a nice little 5lb pr

Floor press 10x4sets

lat pull downs 10x10

Fun day! Makes me excited to get back training full speed. Really nice to have my biceps not feeling like there going to explode at the bottom of the lift again haha

Share with Facebook
Old 03-28-2013, 05:57 AM   #29
d_b
d_b
is back!!!!
Brawn

You looked good in there tonight.

Share with Facebook
Old 03-28-2013, 06:18 AM   #30
J_Byrd
J_Byrd
is the bomb!
Max Brawn
Points: 18,973, Level: 87 Points: 18,973, Level: 87 Points: 18,973, Level: 87
Activity: 30% Activity: 30% Activity: 30%

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODY_SNIDER View Post
I wrapped Joes knees last night he looked down and said "hmm I have never seen a knee wrapped like that before. I can bend my knee" Haha
haha!!!!

Proudly sponsored by

http://muscleandbrawn.com

http://bigworkoutplan.com/

http://www.andersonpowerlifting.com/Default.asp

"This is about strength, not getting a 10.0 form score from the Russian judge" Steve Shaw
J_Byrd is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook