Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 04-30-2013, 12:10 PM   #91
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,545,593, Level: 100 Points: 1,545,593, Level: 100 Points: 1,545,593, Level: 100
Activity: 51% Activity: 51% Activity: 51%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODY_SNIDER View Post
Warm up: rolling, band hip mobility work

Heavy doubles.

505x2

565x2

Embarrassed to say this is the heaviest weight I have ever attempted raw.
Ha. I worked my ass off to get to a 550 double.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2013, 02:53 PM   #92
CODY_SNIDER
CODY_SNIDER
has no status.
Cody
Max Brawn
Points: 2,673, Level: 31 Points: 2,673, Level: 31 Points: 2,673, Level: 31
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 7
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: The big 3
CODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Ha. I worked my ass off to get to a 550 double.
Haha im not discrediting the weight because it felt heavy! But I always put my ego boosters aka briefs on at around 3 plates. I should have been trying to squats heavier weights without the gear
CODY_SNIDER is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 04-30-2013, 02:56 PM   #93
CODY_SNIDER
CODY_SNIDER
has no status.
Cody
Max Brawn

CODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Byrd View Post
Both of you guys will adjust fast. Its just a matter of the little muscles that dont get work much in gear.
I'm hurting in places I didn't know I could hurt! Im starting to get used to it though. The first 2 weeks were awful

Share with Facebook
Old 04-30-2013, 04:18 PM   #94
schultzestrength
schultzestrength
has no status.
New Brawn
Points: 323, Level: 6 Points: 323, Level: 6 Points: 323, Level: 6

Training Exp: 4+ powerlifting,15+ other
Fav Supp: Food
schultzestrength is a dedicated contributorschultzestrength is a dedicated contributorschultzestrength is a dedicated contributorschultzestrength is a dedicated contributorschultzestrength is a dedicated contributorschultzestrength is a dedicated contributorschultzestrength is a dedicated contributorschultzestrength is a dedicated contributorschultzestrength is a dedicated contributorschultzestrength is a dedicated contributorschultzestrength is a dedicated contributor

Cody you need smaller jumps. You need to be getting at least 3 sets of doubles. For example, 500*2, 525*2, 550*2. Depth is important too. Nail your depth on the first rep that way if you are high or your form breaks down on the 2nd you know that you hit it the first time. Remember to leave your ego at the door. BTW, I never took over 25lb jumps on squat.

Build Strength!
schultzestrength is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 04-30-2013, 06:22 PM   #95
CODY_SNIDER
CODY_SNIDER
has no status.
Cody
Max Brawn

Your right! I will do a better job of this during the next block. Got a little ahead of myself chasing numbers!

Share with Facebook
Old 05-01-2013, 10:12 PM   #96
CODY_SNIDER
CODY_SNIDER
has no status.
Cody
Max Brawn

Default Heavy bench

warm ups: band work, rolling, set shoulder with kbell

Top work sets

385x2

395x2

415x2

We were all still nice and sore from Monday and lacked a little tightness I think. Everyone still had an awesome night though. All of us are doing about the same thing so there's a lot of good competition going on in there. This is something that has been needed for a while!

close grip:
275x5x2
225x5
225x20

wide grip bench:
185x10x2

Skull crushers
rear delt flies
band face pulls

Weight is down around 250 but still feeling strong. Hopefully, finances permitting I will be able to bench in June at the SPF nationals. If im still hanging around 250 by then I might try to make the cut to 242. I have never cut weight before and I think it would be a good challenge. I still have a while to put it all together.

Share with Facebook
Old 05-03-2013, 09:33 PM   #97
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,545,593, Level: 100 Points: 1,545,593, Level: 100 Points: 1,545,593, Level: 100
Activity: 51% Activity: 51% Activity: 51%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Big weight. Well done.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 05-03-2013, 10:43 PM   #98
CODY_SNIDER
CODY_SNIDER
has no status.
Cody
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Big weight. Well done.
Thank you btb!

Share with Facebook
Old 05-03-2013, 10:56 PM   #99
CODY_SNIDER
CODY_SNIDER
has no status.
Cody
Max Brawn

Default deload/accessory day

Form Deads

conv 3 sets sumo 2 sets
5x10reps

The goal was to just practice setup and get a little back pump. I practiced keeping a much tighter stomach and more of a neutral back when pulling to try to generate a little more power.

Leg press
HG raise
Hamstring curls
Adductors
Abs

Kept everything high rep with a slow controlled pace. Really nice workout. It had me sweating!

Share with Facebook
Old 05-04-2013, 11:28 PM   #100
CODY_SNIDER
CODY_SNIDER
has no status.
Cody
Max Brawn

Default Upper body accessory day

I woke up really late today and only made it to the gym with about 45 minutes to lift.

Pull ups 5sets
clean and press 5sets
Incline dbell press 5sets
shrugs 5sets
pull downs 5sets

Thats about all I had time for. Not the greatest day but at least I got a few good sets in. Later in the evening I had the pleasure of moving furniture in the rain so that makes up for the lost time in the gym lol!

Share with Facebook