Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > General Fitness & Health

Notices

General Fitness & Health Discuss general fitness. conditioning and health topics.

Old 12-11-2013, 11:08 AM   #21
Regularity
Regularity
has no status.
Brawn
Points: 866, Level: 15 Points: 866, Level: 15 Points: 866, Level: 15
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: Novice
Training Type: Fullbody
My Mood: Happy
Regularity has made some good postsRegularity has made some good postsRegularity has made some good postsRegularity has made some good postsRegularity has made some good postsRegularity has made some good postsRegularity has made some good postsRegularity has made some good postsRegularity has made some good posts

More desk jobs, less walking to get somewhere

Cheap junk food

Fad/yo-yo diets; trying to lose weight instead of get healthy

Despair from repeated failed diets

Schools cutting PE classes and counting French fries as vegetable servings in lunches

A good percentage of the weight loss industry
Regularity is offline   Reply With Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2013, 11:22 AM   #22
MadScientistOfMaB
MadScientistOfMaB
is training for strongman
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,663, Level: 23 Points: 1,663, Level: 23 Points: 1,663, Level: 23
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Chaos & Pain
Fav Exercise: Squat, push-press
Fav Supp: Mr. Hyde & whiskey
My Mood: Aggressive
MadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributor

People who would rather complain than change

People with a lack of drive in every aspect of their life
Experimentation is the word of the day here, and you're going to be like a mad scientist, tinkering with your diet until you've turned yourself into a massive, world-destroying robot bent on nothing short of the subjugation and destruction of the entire human race.
-Jamie Lewis (Chaos&Pain)

Nothing exceeds like excess.

HT: 5'10" WT: 220
Deadlift 455 Squat 405
Bench 355 Push-press 275
MadScientistOfMaB is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 12-11-2013, 05:25 PM   #23
EliteDreams
EliteDreams
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing
Moderation is for cowards
Max Brawn
Points: 12,565, Level: 73 Points: 12,565, Level: 73 Points: 12,565, Level: 73
Activity: 40% Activity: 40% Activity: 40%

Training Exp: Started 5/2/11
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: PRs
Fav Supp: Steak
My Mood: Asleep
EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruteforce View Post
Underlying factors:
Depression
To expand on this, a feeling of worthlessness. Reliance on junk food for comfort. Not carinf anymore.

The gates of hell have been unlocked, headstones pushed aside!
EliteDreams is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Old 12-11-2013, 08:07 PM   #24
MadScientistOfMaB
MadScientistOfMaB
is training for strongman
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,663, Level: 23 Points: 1,663, Level: 23 Points: 1,663, Level: 23
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Chaos & Pain
Fav Exercise: Squat, push-press
Fav Supp: Mr. Hyde & whiskey
My Mood: Aggressive
MadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributor

The eat everything in front of you mentality
(that said I just shoved 3 meals worth of food in my mouth)
Experimentation is the word of the day here, and you're going to be like a mad scientist, tinkering with your diet until you've turned yourself into a massive, world-destroying robot bent on nothing short of the subjugation and destruction of the entire human race.
-Jamie Lewis (Chaos&Pain)

Nothing exceeds like excess.

HT: 5'10" WT: 220
Deadlift 455 Squat 405
Bench 355 Push-press 275
MadScientistOfMaB is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 12-11-2013, 08:38 PM   #25
liftingbear
liftingbear
has no status.
Brawn
Points: 242, Level: 4 Points: 242, Level: 4 Points: 242, Level: 4
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Fav Exercise: ohp
Fav Supp: meat
liftingbear has made some good postsliftingbear has made some good postsliftingbear has made some good postsliftingbear has made some good postsliftingbear has made some good postsliftingbear has made some good postsliftingbear has made some good postsliftingbear has made some good postsliftingbear has made some good posts

I strongly believe that it starts with the kids when they are young. Take todays public school system. Where I live hardly any kids have to walk to school anymore. They all get bussed. The Physical education that they are teaching is lack beyond believeth. The lunches are just pointless calories. The after school activities are missing. The high schools weight rooms are becoming Mirror images of Planet fitness. Majority of the teachers are obese themselves.

I must stop getting pissed right now
liftingbear is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 12-11-2013, 08:48 PM   #26
gaspers04
gaspers04
is "Thickneck McBenchpress"
Max Brawn
Points: 17,092, Level: 83 Points: 17,092, Level: 83 Points: 17,092, Level: 83
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 20 yrs.
Training Type: Westside
Fav Exercise: All of Them! Bench, hehe.
Fav Supp: Food
My Mood: Brooding
gaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master member

How about we assume responsibility and stop shifting the blame to society, government and schools.

Supplements
M & S's Isofuel Chocolate, MGN's Dextrose,Universal's Beef Aminos and AAEFX's Kre-Alkalyn.
gaspers04 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 12-11-2013, 08:55 PM   #27
Henry19
Henry19
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 3,521, Level: 37 Points: 3,521, Level: 37 Points: 3,521, Level: 37
Activity: 26% Activity: 26% Activity: 26%

Fav Exercise: Deadlift/Squat
Fav Supp: Skittles
My Mood: Cheerful
Henry19 is a lifting beastHenry19 is a lifting beastHenry19 is a lifting beastHenry19 is a lifting beastHenry19 is a lifting beastHenry19 is a lifting beastHenry19 is a lifting beastHenry19 is a lifting beastHenry19 is a lifting beastHenry19 is a lifting beastHenry19 is a lifting beast

This video was very compelling to me

Share with Facebook
Old 12-11-2013, 10:35 PM   #28
liftingbear
liftingbear
has no status.
Brawn
Points: 242, Level: 4 Points: 242, Level: 4 Points: 242, Level: 4

Fav Exercise: ohp
Fav Supp: meat
liftingbear has made some good postsliftingbear has made some good postsliftingbear has made some good postsliftingbear has made some good postsliftingbear has made some good postsliftingbear has made some good postsliftingbear has made some good postsliftingbear has made some good postsliftingbear has made some good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaspers04 View Post
How about we assume responsibility and stop shifting the blame to society, government and schools.
Guess Iam just old school.

But I do see and understand your point
liftingbear is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 12-12-2013, 12:06 AM   #29
gaspers04
gaspers04
is "Thickneck McBenchpress"
Max Brawn
Points: 17,092, Level: 83 Points: 17,092, Level: 83 Points: 17,092, Level: 83
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 20 yrs.
Training Type: Westside
Fav Exercise: All of Them! Bench, hehe.
Fav Supp: Food
My Mood: Brooding
gaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by liftingbear View Post
Guess Iam just old school.

But I do see and understand your point
It wasn't targeted at you friend, it is the way I was raised. Take responsibility for your own actions and don't blame others for your shortcomings.

Supplements
M & S's Isofuel Chocolate, MGN's Dextrose,Universal's Beef Aminos and AAEFX's Kre-Alkalyn.
gaspers04 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 12-12-2013, 06:28 AM   #30
Kleurplaay
Kleurplaay
is growing stronger!
Uber Brawn
Points: 2,399, Level: 29 Points: 2,399, Level: 29 Points: 2,399, Level: 29

Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: dat dere eggs
My Mood: Cheeky
Kleurplaay is a dedicated contributorKleurplaay is a dedicated contributorKleurplaay is a dedicated contributorKleurplaay is a dedicated contributorKleurplaay is a dedicated contributorKleurplaay is a dedicated contributorKleurplaay is a dedicated contributorKleurplaay is a dedicated contributorKleurplaay is a dedicated contributorKleurplaay is a dedicated contributorKleurplaay is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaspers04 View Post
Hit the nail on the head in my opinion. More and more explanations are surfacing for the 'obesity epidemic' that western countries are dealing with right now. Anything from bad education to too much fructose in our diets to not enough encouragement to be active. I'm not saying that those are not contributing factors, but no matter how you spin it or how complicated you try to make it, the problem is simple for 99%: eat less, move more.

By saying this you are essentially saying that those people are to blame for their own obesity and this is becoming more and more taboo. Just look at things like the recent shitstorm over 'fit mom', the mother who posted a picture of her fit body on the internet with the tag 'what's your excuse?'. The majority of comments were people hating on her for 'calling out fat people' and 'fat shaming'. We currently live in a society where it almost seems that caring about your health is, in the opinion of the majority, 'not cool'. More times than I can count have I heard negative comments aimed at people who work out/train/eat healthy or whatever, because it makes the people who don't do so seem bad. And instead of doing something about it, they'd much rather just hate on the people who do.

Almost everyone has the opportunity to say: 'enough is enough, I'm going to do something about this'. Now don't get me wrong. I'm not saying this it is going to be EASY, I'm saying that what you need to do is simple. I definitely believe that it is hard for people who have been overeating for years to switch to a more sensible diet due to things like sugar cravings and binge eating tendencies. Just because something is hard is no reason to not even try and just shift all blame to others. Many things worth doing or having are hard.

Last edited by Kleurplaay; 12-12-2013 at 06:31 AM.
Kleurplaay is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook