Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 03-20-2013, 06:46 AM   #11
5kgLifter
5kgLifter
loves teddy bears...
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindenGarcia18 View Post
The stuff they spray onto fruit and vegetables, and inject into bread to make it last longer can't be good for you.
Bread should only last the day.
Hahaha, true to some degree, supermarket breads have stuff in them you don't even want to know about...however sourdough breads that are fermented for days prior to baking will last well over a week, that's homemade bread not that crap at the stores, but the longer a bread is in the making, the longer its shelf life, fact.

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2013, 07:57 AM   #12
Off Road
Off Road
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Tournaments Won: 9

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Preservatives and hormones in our food have extended the human life expectancy.

That was tongue in cheek by the way, don't come at me
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 03-20-2013, 08:37 AM   #13
bamazav
bamazav
Dog House Training, home of the Walker Dips!Geezers Rule!
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn
Points: 25,080, Level: 95 Points: 25,080, Level: 95 Points: 25,080, Level: 95
Activity: 19% Activity: 19% Activity: 19%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
My Mood: Amazed
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post

I expect my life to last a long while, no matter what is in my food.

Seeking to be transformed, not conformed!

Become a disciple of the bar. - glwanabe

The Official Get Fit For The King Website

Yasen Miroslav Zavadil
bamazav is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 03-20-2013, 11:45 AM   #14
Tannhauser
Tannhauser
reads long boring books
Max Brawn
Points: 128,887, Level: 100 Points: 128,887, Level: 100 Points: 128,887, Level: 100
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 30+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Front squat
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

Quote:
Still, If you grow your own stuff, its got to be better than buying from the supermarket, surely.
I don't see why that should necessarily be the case.

Quote:
The stuff they spray onto fruit and vegetables, and inject into bread to make it last longer can't be good for you.
Bread should only last the day.
Why can't it be good for you? Or to put it another way, why is it necessarily bad for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
Hahaha, true to some degree, supermarket breads have stuff in them you don't even want to know about
I eat 'that crap' at the supermarket , along with most people, so what is it in bread that I don't want to know about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post

But I actually agree with the former. Nobody talks about the innumerable pathogens in food and the toxic - sometimes carcinogenic chemicals - that they produce. Preservatives prevent those from multiplying, as well as maintaining the micronutrient levels within food.

Don't get me wrong, I think growing your own vegetables and baking your own bread is fantastic - viva the environmentally friendly cottage garden. But in the big scheme of things, I sincerely doubt whether there are any measurable benefits on health.

"The proper study of mankind is books" - Aldous Huxley
Tannhauser is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 03-20-2013, 12:20 PM   #15
LindenGarcia18
LindenGarcia18
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 6,363, Level: 52 Points: 6,363, Level: 52 Points: 6,363, Level: 52
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: Dips
My Mood: Happy
LindenGarcia18 is a lifting machineLindenGarcia18 is a lifting machineLindenGarcia18 is a lifting machineLindenGarcia18 is a lifting machineLindenGarcia18 is a lifting machineLindenGarcia18 is a lifting machineLindenGarcia18 is a lifting machineLindenGarcia18 is a lifting machineLindenGarcia18 is a lifting machineLindenGarcia18 is a lifting machineLindenGarcia18 is a lifting machine

L-cysteine is one of the ingredients.
Sometimes constructed in a lab, but often they dissolve human hair in acid to extract it.
L-cysteine often
includes chicken feathers, duck feathers, cow horns and petroleum byproducts.
Supposedly gives the bread the natural puffiness it should have.
That "puffiness isn't there because of all the preservatives in it.
So what do they do when the bread isn't puffy anymore because of the crap thats in it? They add chicken feathers and human hair!

NICEEE!
LindenGarcia18 is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 03-20-2013, 12:27 PM   #16
5kgLifter
5kgLifter
loves teddy bears...
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
I don't see why that should necessarily be the case.

Why can't it be good for you? Or to put it another way, why is it necessarily bad for you?

I eat 'that crap' at the supermarket , along with most people, so what is it in bread that I don't want to know about?

But I actually agree with the former. Nobody talks about the innumerable pathogens in food and the toxic - sometimes carcinogenic chemicals - that they produce. Preservatives prevent those from multiplying, as well as maintaining the micronutrient levels within food.

Don't get me wrong, I think growing your own vegetables and baking your own bread is fantastic - viva the environmentally friendly cottage garden. But in the big scheme of things, I sincerely doubt whether there are any measurable benefits on health.
Quote:
L-cysteine is one of the ingredients.
Sometimes constructed in a lab, but often they dissolve human hair in acid to extract it.
L-cysteine often
includes chicken feathers, duck feathers, cow horns and petroleum byproducts.
Supposedly gives the bread the natural puffiness it should have.
That "puffiness isn't there because of all the preservatives in it.
So what do they do when the bread isn't puffy anymore because of the crap thats in it? They add chicken feathers and human hair!

NICEEE!
Hahaha, yep, L-Cysteine, as Linden points out; the largest amount is derived from duck feathers and human hair (China) being the cheapest source. When they run low on both of these source products they utilise a synthetic version but that is far more expensive and they don't use it for any longer than the human hair and duck feathers need to become available once again. It's placed/dissolved in acid; but, it's still there because it's a component of the mix of which neither is filtered out.

I checked into this

Enjoy that buttie

As someone question, on another internet link, how do we know it's clean hair, or not from dead people etc?

Share with Facebook
Old 03-20-2013, 01:02 PM   #17
LindenGarcia18
LindenGarcia18
has no status.
Max Brawn

LindenGarcia18 is a lifting machineLindenGarcia18 is a lifting machineLindenGarcia18 is a lifting machineLindenGarcia18 is a lifting machineLindenGarcia18 is a lifting machineLindenGarcia18 is a lifting machineLindenGarcia18 is a lifting machineLindenGarcia18 is a lifting machineLindenGarcia18 is a lifting machineLindenGarcia18 is a lifting machineLindenGarcia18 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
Hahaha, yep, L-Cysteine, as Linden points out; the largest amount is derived from duck feathers and human hair (China) being the cheapest source. When they run low on both of these source products they utilise a synthetic version but that is far more expensive and they don't use it for any longer than the human hair and duck feathers need to become available once again. It's placed/dissolved in acid; but, it's still there because it's a component of the mix of which neither is filtered out.

I checked into this

Enjoy that buttie

As someone question, on another internet link, how do we know it's clean hair, or not from dead people etc?

Haha, Screw supermarket bread, I'm making my own from now on.
Thats a good point. How do they obtain the hair.

Share with Facebook
Old 03-20-2013, 01:17 PM   #18
LindenGarcia18
LindenGarcia18
has no status.
Max Brawn

The glue in sausage meat is another big one I read about.
in some packaged sausages they don't use fresh meat, so it doesn't stick properly to make the sausage. (They use the left overs from the animal)
So they use a glue, to stick the meat into a sausage shape :P

I'm a peskatarian so I've never been to Mc Donald's, but damn, the stuff I've read about them is disgusting.

My Granddad who's from the Canary islands was very poor as a child, they had barley anything food wise, but you can guarantee he had a better diet than the average person today.
He lived primarily off goffeo, fruit and vegetables, and he's only ever been I'll about twice, he's in his 70's :P
Processed food is just too readily available.

Share with Facebook
Old 03-20-2013, 01:21 PM   #19
5kgLifter
5kgLifter
loves teddy bears...
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn

Quote:
The glue in sausage meat is another big one I read about.
in some packaged sausages they don't use fresh meat, so it doesn't stick properly to make the sausage. (They use the left overs from the animal)
So they use a glue, to stick the meat into a sausage shape :P

I'm a peskatarian so I've never been to Mc Donald's, but damn, the stuff I've read about them is disgusting.

My Granddad who's from the Canary islands was very poor as a child, they had barley anything food wise, but you can guarantee he had a better diet than the average person today.
He lived primarily off goffeo, fruit and vegetables, and he's only ever been I'll about twice, he's in his 70's :P
Processed food is just too readily available.
Yeah, it doesn't bear thinking about sometimes...

If they permit at least 1 rat dropping per 100g of chocolate, consider that chocolate covered raisin might not quite be the raisin you're expecting

Share with Facebook
Old 03-20-2013, 01:39 PM   #20
SecondsOut
SecondsOut
posted a post in this thread. He did posting to you.
Max Brawn
Points: 1,960, Level: 26 Points: 1,960, Level: 26 Points: 1,960, Level: 26
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%

Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Oxidane
My Mood: Lurking
SecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier View Post
Take it easy on him. He's trying to learn and do things right. There's value in that. Imagine if all of us had access to guidance like we can give here when we were starting. We would have been better off in the end, but probably more confused at the beginning.
Quote:
Sorry If I annoyed you with my questions, I was just getting confused.
However, I've got things into perspective now, and have a goal in mind.

Heres my training log.

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/tra...ining-log.html

If I was still in that mind set, and was confused and couldn't take on board what was been said countless times by the other member's, then what makes
you think making a special shouty thread for me would make any difference. :P
it's not so much the questions, it's what he does (or doesn't do) with the answers. he's had the same questions answered many times and usually doesn't seem to have read things that were said to him days ago. if he doesn't remember the stuff and doesn't seem to have read it, what's the point of asking the question? i for one don't enjoy taking part in a shit show.
second, whenever someone gives him good advice -- and he's received a LOT of it -- he immediately begins the process of breaking it down, testing its limits, asking a zillion follow-up questions that obliterate the original answer or obscure his original purpose. when you ask a person for advice, and when you're in a position of needing advice, you either take the advice or you don't take the advice, it's your turn to either decide it's good and follow it or decide it's crap and throw it out. you don't pretentiously engage the person in a debate.
kid, i agree that asking questions is great, and you should continue to do so, but you've asked way more than enough for now. it's not time to ask us our thoughts on a dozen different YouTube videos about guys who you want to look like, it's not time to ask "how do i gain muscle without getting fat?" a zillion different ways using endless combinations of words that all mean the same thing.

Where are the questions about form on exercises? Or what about a form check video from the gym? From what I can tell, you don't even seem to care about actual lifting at all. Sorry, but that's how it seems. You don't seem curious at all about training methods, about lifting/fitness legends, or about the volumes and volumes of great, game-changing books that have been published about lifting and fitness.

I agree with the OP about all these threads. You need to be much less worried about peanut butter and bread and much more worried about your squat technique.

Last edited by SecondsOut; 03-20-2013 at 01:43 PM.
SecondsOut is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook