Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 03-17-2013, 04:43 PM   #1
daarriius
daarriius
has no status.
Points: 185, Level: 3 Points: 185, Level: 3 Points: 185, Level: 3
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Fav Exercise: Deadlift
My Mood: Sleepy
daarriius has made some quality postsdaarriius has made some quality postsdaarriius has made some quality postsdaarriius has made some quality postsdaarriius has made some quality postsdaarriius has made some quality posts
Default Injuries preventing me from training properly, please help!

Hi all,
I have tendinitis in both of my elbows (i'm 16) and a sharp pain in my right bicep. I have laid off arms for a while now, whilst icing and stretching the joints. the pain is virtually gone, however my elbows are very prone to injury.

My arms really are lagging behind with the rest of my body and I need to start training them again but am worried about how to approach it (which exercises, more volume/weight etc)

any input that could help me would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,

Darius
daarriius is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2013, 08:20 AM   #2
TitanCT
TitanCT
throwing iron and eating pizza.
Manlet of Malice
Max Brawn
Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

My Mood: Aggressive
TitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master member

you ever stop and think you are injured because you arent training properly, not that injuries are preventing you from training properly?

Advanced Muscle Science Rep
Learn.Apply.Grow

www.advancedmusclescience.com

ForeRunnerLabs
www.forerunnerlabs.com/

The Lab
www.advancedmusclesciencelab.com//

"Abs on a skinny guy are like big boobs on a fat chick - they don't count." -Shelby Starnes
TitanCT is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 03-19-2013, 12:04 PM   #3
daarriius
daarriius
has no status.

daarriius has made some quality postsdaarriius has made some quality postsdaarriius has made some quality postsdaarriius has made some quality postsdaarriius has made some quality postsdaarriius has made some quality posts

The tendinitis is from a bench press accident when i was 15 in powerlifting days. 3rd rep of 245 they was a distinct noise and terrible pain in my elbows that failed me, thankgod for my spotter..but yeah it hasn't been the same since

Share with Facebook
Old 03-19-2013, 01:05 PM   #4
LindenGarcia18
LindenGarcia18
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 8,033, Level: 60 Points: 8,033, Level: 60 Points: 8,033, Level: 60
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: One arm dumbbell rows.
My Mood: Happy
LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast

How long has it been healing.
LindenGarcia18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 03-21-2013, 12:14 PM   #5
daarriius
daarriius
has no status.

coming up to 7months

Share with Facebook
Old 03-21-2013, 12:18 PM   #6
5kgLifter
5kgLifter
loves teddy bears...
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Checkers Champion! Mario Kart Extreme! Champion! NG Holdem Champion! Javelin Champion! Mouse Batting Champion! Keno Champion!
Training Type: Other
My Mood: Cynical
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daarriius View Post
coming up to 7months
For some reason, I thought the answer was going to be several years. It could just be that it needs more time to heal; is there any rehab going on or has there been rehab?

Share with Facebook
Old 03-21-2013, 02:00 PM   #7
daarriius
daarriius
has no status.

physiotherapy, ice, elevation, stretch, rest, sports massage, pain killers the lot. maybe 7 months is too little but I thought at my age that would be more than enough.

Share with Facebook
Old 03-21-2013, 03:45 PM   #8
LindenGarcia18
LindenGarcia18
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 8,033, Level: 60 Points: 8,033, Level: 60 Points: 8,033, Level: 60
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: One arm dumbbell rows.
My Mood: Happy
LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast

Yeah, I thought you were going to say years too.
I'd lay off and wait a bit longer. As 5k said it might just be that it needs to heal.
Its better playing it safe raather than mess any future lifting you do up permanently.

I did some research for you. The healing time seems to vary, but what everyone said is that you must let it heal properly. They say it will only get worse if you jump back into lifting too soon.
LindenGarcia18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 03-21-2013, 03:49 PM   #9
big_swede
big_swede
Strongman
Max Brawn
Points: 33,857, Level: 100 Points: 33,857, Level: 100 Points: 33,857, Level: 100
Activity: 35% Activity: 35% Activity: 35%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
My Mood: Yeehaw
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Can you do presses and rows without pain?

Share with Facebook
Old 03-21-2013, 03:51 PM   #10
5kgLifter
5kgLifter
loves teddy bears...
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Checkers Champion! Mario Kart Extreme! Champion! NG Holdem Champion! Javelin Champion! Mouse Batting Champion! Keno Champion!
Training Type: Other
My Mood: Cynical
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Obviously, I can't comment on the injury, since I'm not qualified to and I wouldn't want to have you follow bad advice, what I can add is that I had what appeared to be a basic strain which took a good year and a half to recover from, without doing any training at all. Admittedly it was the lower leg and foot and I had to get about so not walking wasn't an option but even so, it seemed to take ages and then one day it suddenly felt better, but that may have been because I'd gotten so used to the pain and discomfort and then just noticed it had gone; there were times though that I thought the leg would never heal up.

At least you're doing the right things, just keep them going and if you feel it necessary see a professional for advice about the injured areas, though they will more than likely tell you just to keep doing what you're already doing.

Share with Facebook