LindenGarcia18
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 7,396, Level: 57 Points: 7,396, Level: 57 Points: 7,396, Level: 57
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: One arm dumbbell rows.
My Mood: Happy
LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by skids View Post
Fan faken tastic Linden , that's a marvellous workout by anyone's standard. Hulk power to you

Thanks allot Nathan
LindenGarcia18 is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2013, 05:51 AM   #422
LindenGarcia18
LindenGarcia18
has no status.
Max Brawn

LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBrown View Post
As far as how to progress. There are many others much more advanced than myself but I'll give my two cents. Hopefully to get the ball rolling and help you out. My suggestion is just leave a couple reps in the tank on every set and don't break form, the best you can. Muscular stress isn't important while learning. Keep adding as much weight possible under that paramater. Once you stall lower the percentage of max and start over, or post your new numbers and allow the forum to direct you with a new program.

Good luck kid!

Thanks mate, will bare that in mind.

Share with Facebook
Old 07-04-2013, 05:52 AM   #423
LindenGarcia18
LindenGarcia18
has no status.
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndrwdslv View Post
Good job on the workouts LG.. keep at it!

Thanks mate, will do

Share with Facebook
Old 07-04-2013, 05:58 AM   #424
LindenGarcia18
LindenGarcia18
has no status.
Max Brawn

Quote:
Great going. You are in the game. Now you just have to stay in the game.
Indeed, and I'll do that.

Quote:
On bench: I would not add a set because I "didn't feel the weight" on the first 5 sets. I would bank those reps and hope they boosted me later on down the road. What happens down the road is the real goal. Don't forget that. Reps now are just a tool or a roadmap to the goal.
Right point taken, actually I remember OffRoad saying a similar thing when I did something else like that.

Quote:
On squats: I would be careful not to get too cocky. You blasted them, but be cautious easing them up, they can jump up and bite you. Just go 60 KG and see what happens.
Oh believe me, I'll be cautious. More cautious with them than anything, which is why I'm going higher reps for now rather than straight into 5x5.

They're certainly an exercises that needs to be respected, more than any other I think.

Thanks for the heads up.

Quote:
On rows: Kroc rows are generally considered as high rep rows with heavy ass weight. You are not doing Kroc rows. That said you are doing very good DB rows with some decent weight in relation to your bench press (you are pressing 45 Kg and rowing 22.5 Kg easily). Keep doing that.
Right I see, misunderstood that there then.

I'll just carry on with the dumbbell rows.

Quote:
As for Ab rollouts, I love using a BB for them. If you can rollout well, but fail to pull it back (and are a newbie), it is most likely you go too far out. You don't have to get yourself flat to the floor! Just out far enough be sort of "flat" from knees to shoulders. Work on it. Don't over extend.
Ahh. Well there was where I was making the mistake then. Thanks for explaining

Quote:
Awsome work Linden. I doubt Taylor Lauten could do any better his first day on the job. And you're on the job. Now keep punching the clock.

Haha, thanks for the advice and support man. Will do

Share with Facebook
Old 07-04-2013, 05:58 AM   #425
LindenGarcia18
LindenGarcia18
has no status.
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dray View Post
Really nice work, Linden.

Keep smashin', mate.

Cheers Dray

Share with Facebook
Old 07-04-2013, 09:17 AM   #426
ndrwdslv
ndrwdslv
chasing 405 DL
Max Brawn
Points: 3,720, Level: 38 Points: 3,720, Level: 38 Points: 3,720, Level: 38
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Exp: 2
Fav Exercise: Sumo DL
Fav Supp: Lactose-free Milk
ndrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machine

Ahah.. reason I told him to do "Kroc rows" .. is so he doesn't try to do a strict form DB row..
Dropping that shoulder at the bottom and using a big of momentum to bring a heavier weight up and squeeze the blades is easier than trying to be strict IMO.
ndrwdslv is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 07-05-2013, 01:25 PM   #427
LindenGarcia18
LindenGarcia18
has no status.
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndrwdslv View Post
Ahah.. reason I told him to do "Kroc rows" .. is so he doesn't try to do a strict form DB row..
Dropping that shoulder at the bottom and using a big of momentum to bring a heavier weight up and squeeze the blades is easier than trying to be strict IMO.

I'm alright with db rows to be honest anyway, one of my favorite exercises.

Share with Facebook
Old 07-05-2013, 01:43 PM   #428
ndrwdslv
ndrwdslv
chasing 405 DL
Max Brawn
Points: 3,720, Level: 38 Points: 3,720, Level: 38 Points: 3,720, Level: 38
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Exp: 2
Fav Exercise: Sumo DL
Fav Supp: Lactose-free Milk
ndrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machine

Right on then!
ndrwdslv is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 07-05-2013, 05:53 PM   #429
LindenGarcia18
LindenGarcia18
has no status.
Max Brawn

WORKOUT

Great workout today, its working, and allot more efficiently than it ever has.

MILITARY PRESS - 5X5 - 20KG 3 SETS, 17.5 2 SETS
Still struggling with military press, but its getting better, I have a better understanding of where I'm at with them anyway.
As you can see I performed 3 sets at 20kg, and then knocked the weight down to 17.5kg because my form dropped after that 3rd set.
I watched those Rippitoe videos many of you suggested, and they really helped so thanks for that.
However the main problem is my balance. I tried sitting down while doing them for one of the sets, and that worked well, it stopped the balancing issues completely.
Once I've managed to master the form to some degree and stop the balancing problem, I should be fine.
BENT OVER ROWS - 5X5 - 50KG, TEST A 55KG AFTER ALL 5 SETS
Upped the weight with the rows seen as last time they felt a little light. Performed 5 sets at 50kg, and it felt fine, but I couldn't really tell if I was pushing myself fully. In the end I decided not and tried them with 55 kg on the bar. This felt considerably better, so I think thats what I'll use next workout. I'll be progressing slowly when I get everything sorted. These big jumps in weight are only temporary.
In terms of form I feel I have that down now which is great.
DIPS - 5X5 - BODY WEIGHT + 22.5KG
22.5KG feels the perfect weight to progress from. While it was a challenge at the last couple of reps at the last set, I could tell I'd gauged it right to carry on slowly progressing from here. They went well.
By the way, Its parallel dips I'm doing, not bench dips. A confusion on my part, I didn't know the difference!
DEAD LIFT - 5X6 - 75KG
Upped the weight to 75kg. Went great. Slowly progressing. Aiming for 5X5 in the end rather than 5X6.
Form all good too, done allot of research into how to perform them correctly, and after watching one of Mikes videos from his Summer Dead Lift log, it seems my form is very similar so I should be on the right track!

As I said, great workout. Things are looking up, and again I can't thank you all enough for you support.

Just gotta keep it up now!

Of course an suggestions, comments, advice would be very much appreciated. That is why I'm on here after all. To learn from you all.

Thanks

- Linden

Share with Facebook
Old 07-05-2013, 05:56 PM   #430
5kgLifter
5kgLifter
loves teddy bears...
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Checkers Champion! Mario Kart Extreme! Champion! NG Holdem Champion! Javelin Champion! Mouse Batting Champion! Keno Champion!
Training Type: Other
My Mood: Cynical
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Nice work!

Don't overly concern yourself with the balance issue, it'll come with time and practice...the body has to learn new patterns and once it's learned the pattern, you won't notice any balance issue.

Keep on doing what you're doing!

Share with Facebook