Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 03-21-2013, 03:57 PM   #11
daarriius
daarriius
has no status.
Points: 185, Level: 3 Points: 185, Level: 3 Points: 185, Level: 3
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Fav Exercise: Deadlift
My Mood: Sleepy
daarriius has made some quality postsdaarriius has made some quality postsdaarriius has made some quality postsdaarriius has made some quality postsdaarriius has made some quality postsdaarriius has made some quality posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindenGarcia18 View Post
Yeah, I thought you were going to say years too.
I'd lay off and wait a bit longer. As 5k said it might just be that it needs to heal.
Its better playing it safe raather than mess any future lifting you do up permanently.

I did some research for you. The healing time seems to vary, but what everyone said is that you must let it heal properly. They say it will only get worse if you jump back into lifting too soon.
Thank you very much for this. honestly appreciated, I'll leave them to recover. More time for legs haha
daarriius is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2013, 03:59 PM   #12
daarriius
daarriius
has no status.

daarriius has made some quality postsdaarriius has made some quality postsdaarriius has made some quality postsdaarriius has made some quality postsdaarriius has made some quality postsdaarriius has made some quality posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_swede View Post
Can you do presses and rows without pain?
I can do bent over rows with virtually no pain, and bench press as long as the weight doesn't cross 110lbs and i've warmed up vigorously, which is extremely saddening

Share with Facebook
Old 03-21-2013, 04:00 PM   #13
daarriius
daarriius
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
Obviously, I can't comment on the injury, since I'm not qualified to and I wouldn't want to have you follow bad advice, what I can add is that I had what appeared to be a basic strain which took a good year and a half to recover from, without doing any training at all. Admittedly it was the lower leg and foot and I had to get about so not walking wasn't an option but even so, it seemed to take ages and then one day it suddenly felt better, but that may have been because I'd gotten so used to the pain and discomfort and then just noticed it had gone; there were times though that I thought the leg would never heal up.

At least you're doing the right things, just keep them going and if you feel it necessary see a professional for advice about the injured areas, though they will more than likely tell you just to keep doing what you're already doing.
thanks for the helpful reply. Yeah I will take time off, and gauge it on when everything feels better.

Share with Facebook