Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 11-20-2009, 01:55 PM   #1
Grim83
Grim83
has no status.
Director: TGZ
Max Brawn
Points: 6,663, Level: 53 Points: 6,663, Level: 53 Points: 6,663, Level: 53
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

My Mood: Crappy
Grim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributor
Default The Mental Ward

Whats some your craziest training protocols (or theories) for hypertrophy and strength increases in a stubborn body part

Mine is the breathing principal, take any lift or muscle that is stubborn like mine is the benchpress, and perform 1 set for 20 reps in the breathing squat protocol, add 5ibs upper body and 10ibs for lower body muscles each workout for 5 weeks straight, use this for only one exercise at a time.
User owns 1x Super Squats

No Bullshit no problems

My Blog- http://grim83.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Grim83; 11-20-2009 at 01:58 PM.
Grim83 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2009, 01:59 PM   #2
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,481,040, Level: 100 Points: 1,481,040, Level: 100 Points: 1,481,040, Level: 100
Activity: 44% Activity: 44% Activity: 44%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Shock. If a bodypart's not responding, push heavy weight for set after set with little rest between sets. Not to failure.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 11-20-2009, 03:32 PM   #3
moore_716
moore_716
has no status.
Banned
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,016, Level: 17 Points: 1,016, Level: 17 Points: 1,016, Level: 17
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

My Mood: Confused
moore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammer

I agree 100%. I also strongly feel that being stuck is atleast 75% mental. When i decided i was gonna bench 315 I didn't really think i had it in me. AS I was getting pumped up my spotter looks down at me and says btw you just did 315 last set this is 335 now lets do this. that right there did the trick for me.
moore_716 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 11-20-2009, 03:37 PM   #4
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,481,040, Level: 100 Points: 1,481,040, Level: 100 Points: 1,481,040, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moore_716 View Post
I agree 100%. I also strongly feel that being stuck is atleast 75% mental. When i decided i was gonna bench 315 I didn't really think i had it in me. AS I was getting pumped up my spotter looks down at me and says btw you just did 315 last set this is 335 now lets do this. that right there did the trick for me.
I believe stuck is a mentality as well. About once a month I have one BAD workout per bodypart. These workouts come when I least expect them, and have little to do with how I feel.

Often, younger trainees mistake a bad workout or two for a plateau. And it gets in their head.
I firmly believe that every set of every workout (except de-loads) should be a push for more reps. If you stick with this approach and give it a decade, you will be one strong mofo.

Time. It's all about time and consistent effort.

Share with Facebook
Old 11-20-2009, 03:44 PM   #5
Grim83
Grim83
has no status.
Director: TGZ
Max Brawn
Points: 6,663, Level: 53 Points: 6,663, Level: 53 Points: 6,663, Level: 53
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

My Mood: Crappy
Grim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleandBrawn View Post
I believe stuck is a mentality as well. About once a month I have one BAD workout per bodypart. These workouts come when I least expect them, and have little to do with how I feel.

Often, younger trainees mistake a bad workout or two for a plateau. And it gets in their head.
I firmly believe that every set of every workout (except de-loads) should be a push for more reps. If you stick with this approach and give it a decade, you will be one strong mofo.

Time. It's all about time and consistent effort.
i agree that it is often a mental game, but there is no denying that sometimes your muscles will just refuse to go, i remember being stuck at the same weight on the bench for months, and no matter what i couldn't push more reps, trust me it wasn't mental
User owns 1x Super Squats

No Bullshit no problems

My Blog- http://grim83.blogspot.com/
Grim83 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 11-20-2009, 05:21 PM   #6
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim83 View Post
i agree that it is often a mental game, but there is no denying that sometimes your muscles will just refuse to go, i remember being stuck at the same weight on the bench for months, and no matter what i couldn't push more reps, trust me it wasn't mental
Sometimes it is physical. You're right. But as long as you keep pushing, that plateau will eventually go away.

The body is complex, and there is often more at play then simple muscle adaptation. CNS training, joint/connection tissue strength, etc.

Share with Facebook
Old 11-20-2009, 05:55 PM   #7
Bodybygamma
Bodybygamma
No B.S. approach
Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 3+years PL/SM Comps
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: DEATH-LIFT
Fav Supp: Muscle-Juice/MonsterRehab
My Mood: Aggressive
Bodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleandBrawn View Post
Sometimes it is physical. You're right. But as long as you keep pushing, that plateau will eventually go away.

The body is complex, and there is often more at play then simple muscle adaptation. CNS training, joint/connection tissue strength, etc.
Could not agree more!
Bodybygamma is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook