Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 5+ years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
My Mood: Inspired
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member
Default Don's Personal Videos

I am very personal with my training, as most of you know. But with this log, I am going to post personal videos at various points in my training, and where necessary, ask some questions and solicit suggestions.

For the past few months, I have been working on increasing my max on certain lifts. And, may aging body (at soon to be 53 in august) is responding fairly well, and I am pleased for the most part, but not satisfied). Without going to detail about diet (I do with my OneNote Journal), I am yo-yoing my diet up and down (over MT, at MT, and slightly under), vary carbohydrates, and keep Protein at about 1.0 per lbs of LMB, and rest in fats.

My weight this morning (dry just getting up, and what I count for weight, and not the flex during the day): 164.9lbs, and just before my morning pre-workout meal. I am currently at about 8%BF (DEXA scan). During the day it raises to about 168-170 approximately.

To begin, I am going to post a brief video of: Tri-extensions. Some background comments need to be made before you view this video.

Before the tri-extension set, Bench Press: 285*5, 295*4, 300*2, 280*3, 280*3, and Military Press: 145*4, 150*2, 160*1 (PR), were completed. I have a video of the 160lbs Military press which will be the next post after the tri-extensions. After the Bench and MP, I move to LB(Oly)-Curls (to rest tri's), 115*4, 120*2 (just 2 sets heavy).

So, prior to the sets of Tri-extensions, The Bench and Military Press sets are completed as far as exercises that indirect/direct effect the triceps.

Tri-Extensions: 125*3, 125*3, 130*1 (Tri-bar is stainless and weighs about 18.4 lbs). Without the added stress of the two exercises ahead of it: 140*2 (after thorough warm-up, and just to check to see where this was at)

At work the connection is not the fastest, but the video showing the 125*3 tri-extension is following this post (in this post and below)......(Im not all abs, lol )

I will also post videos and pictures of progress on personal Physique, as well, from time to time.

Next video up, 160lbs, Military Press (current weight this morning, 164.9)

================================================

Will be uploading the video shortly, MaBer's

Peace,

Don

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:

Last edited by Chillen; 06-13-2014 at 07:50 AM.
Chillen is offline   Reply With Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2014, 07:58 AM   #2
Chillen
Chillen
Current Pic/Nov 30th, 2012: Rocken Lean
Max Brawn

Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

First Video is up now. Next up, 3rd set 160lbs (PR) Military Press, I am not considering this a body weight Military Press. It is close, but not quite. I want pure...body weight, and will get it, in a couple weeks. Will post soon.

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Old 06-13-2014, 08:04 AM   #3
Dray
Dray
is squatting again! : )
Max Brawn
Points: 10,090, Level: 67 Points: 10,090, Level: 67 Points: 10,090, Level: 67
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: squat
Dray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillen View Post
I want pure...body weight, and will get it, in a couple weeks.
Rock on, and get after it!

Great idea, a thread for your videos. Look forward to seeing more of them. Good stuff.

My training log
Dray is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 06-13-2014, 08:13 AM   #4
Chillen
Chillen
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dray View Post
Rock on, and get after it!

Great idea, a thread for your videos. Look forward to seeing more of them. Good stuff.
When I post the video of the MP, at 160lbs, it was a total grind, took every once I had, and the sticking point (bar just below ear level, but below the tip of the ear, if I explained that right), was the issue, once tri's fully engaged no problem. It has always been an issue around this area. I have tried different things in the past for this sticking point, like explosive bursts, etc, but nothing has really assisted it. If I can get the tri's engaged...it is a done deal, there the strongest body part (per size relation), I have.

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:

Share with Facebook
Old 06-13-2014, 01:31 PM   #5
Chillen
Chillen
Max Brawn

After you read the first post I made. I do have a question, reference the Extensions.

Some back ground first. My tri's are the most versatile part, they can take a beating, and still kick it. They never get sore, and I have never had elbow issues (though some shoulder issues when bending the weight behind head, but I have since ironed this one out--it was the military press form and the shoulder rotation, I have to leave bar at chest and elbows back, and then push up to have shoulders rotate right, or I get issues, since I have changed several months back no issues what-so-ever).

Progression has been good to this point; however, the last 3 sessions, it has been the same: 125*3, 125*3, 130*1 (2m rest between). Calories and carbs are higher on workout days, slighter above MT and carbs a bit lower-the first off day, MT-line the second off day in this situation. Goal is 5,3,1. Though I am not doing the 531. I have some ideas of my own (and some things I have done in the past when issues like this have surfaced), but would like some train of thoughts.

I will get the 160 Military Press up as soon as I get off of work today....

Peace and happiness all!

Don

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:

Last edited by Chillen; 06-13-2014 at 01:34 PM.

Share with Facebook
Old 06-13-2014, 03:03 PM   #6
EliteDreams
EliteDreams
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing
Moderation is for cowards
Max Brawn
Points: 12,816, Level: 73 Points: 12,816, Level: 73 Points: 12,816, Level: 73
Activity: 34% Activity: 34% Activity: 34%

Training Exp: Started 5/2/11
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: PRs
Fav Supp: Steak
My Mood: Asleep
EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!

You are strong and driven. Glad to see this journal.

The gates of hell have been unlocked, headstones pushed aside!
EliteDreams is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 06-13-2014, 03:04 PM   #7
jdmalm123
jdmalm123
one rep is plenty!
Less is More
Max Brawn
Points: 13,158, Level: 74 Points: 13,158, Level: 74 Points: 13,158, Level: 74
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Yeti Sports 1 Long Ass Shot Champion!
Training Exp: not enough
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: All of 'em
Fav Supp: Milk shake
My Mood: Lurking
jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!

strong tris

you need a proper workout space

looking forward to MP vid

Share with Facebook
Old 06-13-2014, 04:38 PM   #8
Chillen
Chillen
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmalm123 View Post
strong tris

you need a proper workout space

looking forward to MP vid

My garage and I have a long history together . The video of the Tri-extensions, only shows a very small portion of the garage. The garage is actually pretty large and has: My Squat rack, Bench (LB-2, SB, DB's-4), 2-weight stacks (550lbs), Dip and pull-up station, and my stationary bike.

I just didn't move John Deere over more, LOL. Did not need much space for the exercise any-hoot.

I have spent the last few months increasing my max-ceiling after coming off of a long stretch of progressive circuit style weight training with low rest periods, which I love, and respond well too. I expected a strong reaction from personal experience and history when I decided to move to lower reps, slightly longer rest periods in the attempt to increase max-ceiling, and it has been going pretty darn good thus far, and the old soon-to-be 53 year old is holding up damn well, I must say! And, I am extremely humbled.

I feel pretty good about the weight on the tri-extensions (I mean if you are close to your body weight in this exercise, it is pretty good). I think I have 5r at 130lbs in me in time (a couple of weeks or so). This weight makes me top heavy (light-weight-ass, 164.9, but I feel great at this weight), and my lower back tends to lift, I make have to anchor the feet at the base.

I will have the MP up

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Don

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:

Last edited by Chillen; 06-13-2014 at 04:41 PM.

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Old 06-13-2014, 04:53 PM   #9
Chillen
Chillen
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteDreams View Post
You are strong and driven. Glad to see this journal.
Thank you, ED, and so are you!

I am pretty quiet about my training for the most part, because of the reason I train, and the extreme motivation behind it. I am a very grateful and humbled person, who appreciates what he has and not what he has not.

I plan to post videos of my failures and highpoints of my lifts as I move on a plan to increase my max-ceiling on all my compound lifts in a strict and progressive manner, and wipe my ass with sand-paper, trust me. If any questions come up, I will answer them, but don't plan to get too detailed (as I keep this in OneNote). But, will answer questions as they come up, or ask questions if I have some too.

I am old and I know it, but the iron does not and will never forgive, and for this I will kick its ass.

Thank you for taking the time to write, ED. Appreciate it.

Don

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:

Share with Facebook
Old 06-13-2014, 08:15 PM   #10
jdmalm123
jdmalm123
one rep is plenty!
Less is More
Max Brawn
Points: 13,158, Level: 74 Points: 13,158, Level: 74 Points: 13,158, Level: 74
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Yeti Sports 1 Long Ass Shot Champion!
Training Exp: not enough
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: All of 'em
Fav Supp: Milk shake
My Mood: Lurking
jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillen View Post
My garage and I have a long history together . The video of the Tri-extensions, only shows a very small portion of the garage. The garage is actually pretty large and has: My Squat rack, Bench (LB-2, SB, DB's-4), 2-weight stacks (550lbs), Dip and pull-up station, and my stationary bike.
jdmalm approved!

my garage is packed too.

I'm about to move and was going to put the gym in the basement, but ceiling height is an issue, so I will be back in the garage again!

Share with Facebook