Brawn
Points: 764, Level: 14 Points: 764, Level: 14 Points: 764, Level: 14
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 1 year
Training Type: Lose Weight
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Beta Alanine
My Mood: Sleepy
Greu is a consistent contributorGreu is a consistent contributorGreu is a consistent contributorGreu is a consistent contributorGreu is a consistent contributorGreu is a consistent contributorGreu is a consistent contributorGreu is a consistent contributorGreu is a consistent contributorGreu is a consistent contributorGreu is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by leefarley View Post
getting stronger already.
Haha, I used to T-bar Row 90kg for reps with perfect form, I'm not getting stronger, I'm recovering my strength slowly :P.

Although I would like to get back to where I used to be fast, but I prefer to get back there in 2-4 weeks; I don't want to injure myself again.

I exaggerated with the squats a bit today and my lower back is in some pain.

I'm not in a hurry anyways. If I see myself benching 100kg, squatting 140kg and deadlifting 180kg in 6 to 12 months I will be happy, even though I may get there earlier.

If you let yourself influenced negatively by others then you're following the path to failure.
Greu is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2013, 01:32 PM   #22
Greu
Greu
is leaning out a bit (more)
Brawn

Greu is a consistent contributorGreu is a consistent contributorGreu is a consistent contributorGreu is a consistent contributorGreu is a consistent contributorGreu is a consistent contributorGreu is a consistent contributorGreu is a consistent contributorGreu is a consistent contributorGreu is a consistent contributorGreu is a consistent contributor

23/02/2013 Training Log

- Deadlift 100kg x4,4
- Front Squat 60kg x5,5,5
- Overhead Press 40kg x5,5,3
- Close grip Pulldown 55kg x8,8,7,6
- Triceps Pulldown 50kg x12,12,12
  1. Felt great. I am trying to do my deadlifts without straps until I get to the point of failure because of grip strength. Then I will go to using straps.
  2. I think I need to work on my deadlift form a bit.
  3. Not too pleased with my overhead press. I will stay with the same weight for the next session and try to do more reps.

I have also started to film myself in the gym and will probably start filming almost all my workouts as long as my girlfriend is coming with me to help me film.

Link to today's training session is below.

Thank you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6DKg...ature=youtu.be

If you let yourself influenced negatively by others then you're following the path to failure.

Last edited by Greu; 02-23-2013 at 06:50 PM.

Share with Facebook
Old 02-23-2013, 05:48 PM   #23
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,519,086, Level: 100 Points: 1,519,086, Level: 100 Points: 1,519,086, Level: 100
Activity: 57% Activity: 57% Activity: 57%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Pulling looked decent. Well done. Glad to see you aren't going to let straps hinder your deadlifts.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 02-23-2013, 08:08 PM   #24
SecondsOut
SecondsOut
posted a post in this thread. He did posting to you.
Max Brawn
Points: 1,960, Level: 26 Points: 1,960, Level: 26 Points: 1,960, Level: 26
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%

Fav Supp: Oxidane
SecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beast
Thumbs up

you're pretty focused, man. you're concerned about form and you seem to be patient about making gains. your routine looks solid as well.

the only thing i noticed with DL was with the eccentric part of the movement. you're resting/rolling the bar down your thighs. the bar isn't taking a straight path down to the floor. it seems like an unconscious thing you're doing to take the load off your lower back. my impression is that this kind of eccentric could pose problems with heavier weights, but i'm not sure.

wait and see what BtB and maybe some others say.
SecondsOut is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 02-24-2013, 01:49 AM   #25
EliteDreams
EliteDreams
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing
Moderation is for cowards
Max Brawn
Points: 12,593, Level: 73 Points: 12,593, Level: 73 Points: 12,593, Level: 73
Activity: 38% Activity: 38% Activity: 38%

Training Exp: Started 5/2/11
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: PRs
Fav Supp: Steak
My Mood: Asleep
EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!

Nice work.

I'm guessing your a Slipknot fan?

The gates of hell have been unlocked, headstones pushed aside!
EliteDreams is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 02-24-2013, 05:31 AM   #26
leefarley
leefarley
lifts weights in his shed
Max Brawn
Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: protein powder
leefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master member

good work, i am with you on getting numbers back up working on the same thing myself.

I have to strap on deadlifts all the time i have small hands with p#ss poor grip, some may say weak upperback maybe.
leefarley is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 02-24-2013, 07:53 AM   #27
Greu
Greu
Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by leefarley View Post
good work, i am with you on getting numbers back up working on the same thing myself.

I have to strap on deadlifts all the time i have small hands with p#ss poor grip, some may say weak upperback maybe.
Yes, my hands are also small. I'm an abomination. 6 feet tall, small feet (I wear 8 lol) and small hands. It is hard for me to do deadlifts without wraps but I want to work on my grip as much as I can. When I won't be able to hold the bar anymore I'll go to the wraps again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteDreams View Post
I'm guessing your a Slipknot fan?
I made the account back in 2006 when I was a big Slipknot fan. Now I am just a fan :P

Share with Facebook
Old 02-24-2013, 01:34 PM   #28
MikeM
MikeM
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
My Mood: Cheeky
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

Deadlifts looked good, hips come up a bit fast, but that could just be a good way for you to do them based on your body. If you start to notice deads impacting low back a lot, then think more of keeping your back angle exactly the same as you pull from floor, so your shoulders go up as fast as your hips. It saves you from having straight legs, but back still bent over a bit in the middle of the lift which stresses the low back. Just a thought. If it doesn't affect you, then rock on.

I have small hands too. One thing you can do is hold you last deadlift at the top as long as possible, and keep trying to add to that time each session. Works wonders for grip. Also, as weird as it sounds, having a stronger upper back makes your grip stronger. So rows and whatnot will help your grip quite a bit too.

Squats looked easy. If you push knees out more, you can sit down straighter in between your legs better and keep back more upright overall.

No need to go so low on military press either. Starting with the bar right down at shoulder height is very stressful on shoulder joint and limits your progress disproportionally as it's such a disadvantageous position. Get the bar down below your chin, but no real need to go much lower than that unless you want to. You could point your elbows more forward at the start to. That helps get the stronger front delts into the lift right from the start too.

For what it's worth I did all of those things when I started lifting and it took me some time to get that sorted out. I just point these things out to hopefully save you from the aggravation I went through before I got it sorted out.

Hope that helps! Great going. Keep at it.

Best meet lifts: Sq 150 Kg (330 lb), Bench 120 Kg (264), DL 160 (352) @89 Kg (197)
Best gym lifts: Sq 375, Bench 280 (pause), DL 385 @205 or less
Goals: 3/4/5
Goals beyond my wildest dreams, 600 Kg raw total, 200/160/240

Hack away at anything which isn't essential. Do what you love, and do it often. Fazc.

Everything competes for recovery so more assistance is not always the best idea. miked96
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 02-24-2013, 01:41 PM   #29
Greu
Greu
Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
Deadlifts looked good, hips come up a bit fast, but that could just be a good way for you to do them based on your body. If you start to notice deads impacting low back a lot, then think more of keeping your back angle exactly the same as you pull from floor, so your shoulders go up as fast as your hips. It saves you from having straight legs, but back still bent over a bit in the middle of the lift which stresses the low back. Just a thought. If it doesn't affect you, then rock on.

I have small hands too. One thing you can do is hold you last deadlift at the top as long as possible, and keep trying to add to that time each session. Works wonders for grip. Also, as weird as it sounds, having a stronger upper back makes your grip stronger. So rows and whatnot will help your grip quite a bit too.

Squats looked easy. If you push knees out more, you can sit down straighter in between your legs better and keep back more upright overall.

No need to go so low on military press either. Starting with the bar right down at shoulder height is very stressful on shoulder joint and limits your progress disproportionally as it's such a disadvantageous position. Get the bar down below your chin, but no real need to go much lower than that unless you want to. You could point your elbows more forward at the start to. That helps get the stronger front delts into the lift right from the start too.

For what it's worth I did all of those things when I started lifting and it took me some time to get that sorted out. I just point these things out to hopefully save you from the aggravation I went through before I got it sorted out.

Hope that helps! Great going. Keep at it.

1. Never had lower back pain from deadlifts. I know that my hips go up fast, I am trying to work on that.

2. Because of my shoulder injury going this low does not hurt. If I stop above the chin then the pressure on my shoulder gets greater and it hurts.

3. I am working on my front squats form as well, though I feel that doing them the way I do them now does not hurt anywhere at all. Still, maybe better form may improve my lift.

Thank you very much for the pieces of advice !

Share with Facebook
Old 02-24-2013, 07:38 PM   #30
jdmalm123
jdmalm123
one rep is plenty!
Less is More
Max Brawn
Points: 13,042, Level: 74 Points: 13,042, Level: 74 Points: 13,042, Level: 74
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Yeti Sports 1 Long Ass Shot Champion!
Training Exp: not enough
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: All of 'em
Fav Supp: Milk shake
jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!

Good goals. Realistic time frame. Enough time per week invested and a good program.

Sounds like lots of WIN!

Share with Facebook