Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 02-03-2013, 06:34 PM   #11
Soldier
Soldier
is judging you.
Max Brawn
Points: 14,128, Level: 77 Points: 14,128, Level: 77 Points: 14,128, Level: 77
Activity: 43% Activity: 43% Activity: 43%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
My Mood: Inspired
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

Nothing wrong at all with having his look as a goal. When I was your age it was Tyler Durden from Fight club that everyone wanted to look like.

Please understand that you do NOT have to eat everything in sight to bulk. You're at an awesome age right now. Your natural hormones are going to be through the roof for the next few years. It would be a very good idea to eat a lot more though. If you're serious about it, log what you eat for a few days and see how many calories you're currently eating. Then just start adding to it. You're small now, which may mean that you're body naturally holds less fat. That's not a bad thing. It means you can eat a ton of food and not worry too much about fat. I wasn't that lucky.

Don't worry too much about what you read that taylor did or didn't do. If you add more calories to your diet slowly, then you should be able to start adding muscle without gaining too much fat. You're training needs to be on point, which is why its REALLY GOOD that you're hear. Most teenagers either eat plenty but don't train right, or they eat too little, and still really don't train right.

Ask, ask, ask questions, so we can help you get your training plan right to get where you want to get. We have a lot of experience around here. A lot of us wish we could go back to your age and do things better, so use our experience.

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2013, 12:41 AM   #12
sleepingdog
sleepingdog
Some people just can't let sleepingdogs lie
Uber Brawn
Points: 3,461, Level: 36 Points: 3,461, Level: 36 Points: 3,461, Level: 36
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Starting Strength
Fav Exercise: Heavy bar work
Fav Supp: Steak
My Mood: Twisted
sleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributor

Sage words from all so far. Also keep in mind that at your age and size, there are only two supplements worth their salt, protein and creatine. And honestly, if you waited another 5 years to buy creatine, you'd probably be just fine. The combined lifting and nutrition experience on this board is staggering. Listen to the "old-timers" (aka been lifting 10+ years), they'll prevent you from making the mistakes they made in the beginning. Do some self-research to come up with questions, and most important, ASK THE QUESTIONS. Squeeky wheel gets the grease.

And keep two logs. 1 food. 1 for training. Trust me on this.

Personal tips that I've learned along my still short journey:

Leave your ego at the door.
Prepare. Showing up dehydrated, hungry, and tired will guarantee failure.
Be ready to fight for that grinder of a PR.
Listen and learn. Absorb everything you can, and assimilate that knowledge.

Top Gym lifts:
Squat: 415lbs
Deads: 440lbs
Bench: 315lbs
sleepingdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 02-04-2013, 07:01 AM   #13
leefarley
leefarley
lifts weights in his shed
Max Brawn
Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: protein powder
My Mood: Lurking
leefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master member

bulk and bulk, on about wasted time i wish i a had learned what a have learned know when i was your age i lifted weights on and off since i was 17 and made very little gains and gave it up then would start again,i didn't have the INTERNET and web sites like muscle and brawn with a lot of experienced and top lifters to learn from,so at your age with the help from the lifters you have here you have a very good start to it.So listen to what every one else has said and just bulk,you will gain little to no fat and Will be a beast at 21.
leefarley is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 02-04-2013, 08:06 AM   #14
LindenGarcia18
LindenGarcia18
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 7,953, Level: 60 Points: 7,953, Level: 60 Points: 7,953, Level: 60
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: One arm dumbbell rows.
My Mood: Happy
LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by leefarley View Post
bulk and bulk, on about wasted time i wish i a had learned what a have learned know when i was your age i lifted weights on and off since i was 17 and made very little gains and gave it up then would start again,i didn't have the INTERNET and web sites like muscle and brawn with a lot of experienced and top lifters to learn from,so at your age with the help from the lifters you have here you have a very good start to it.So listen to what every one else has said and just bulk,you will gain little to no fat and Will be a beast at 21.
Awsome, thanks for the advice, Will take it to heart
LindenGarcia18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 02-04-2013, 08:08 AM   #15
LindenGarcia18
LindenGarcia18
has no status.
Max Brawn

LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingdog View Post
Sage words from all so far. Also keep in mind that at your age and size, there are only two supplements worth their salt, protein and creatine. And honestly, if you waited another 5 years to buy creatine, you'd probably be just fine. The combined lifting and nutrition experience on this board is staggering. Listen to the "old-timers" (aka been lifting 10+ years), they'll prevent you from making the mistakes they made in the beginning. Do some self-research to come up with questions, and most important, ASK THE QUESTIONS. Squeeky wheel gets the grease.

And keep two logs. 1 food. 1 for training. Trust me on this.
Thanks man, appreciate that. I know Ill learn allot in the next few years from you all here.

Share with Facebook
Old 02-04-2013, 08:10 AM   #16
LindenGarcia18
LindenGarcia18
has no status.
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier View Post
Nothing wrong at all with having his look as a goal. When I was your age it was Tyler Durden from Fight club that everyone wanted to look like.

Please understand that you do NOT have to eat everything in sight to bulk. You're at an awesome age right now. Your natural hormones are going to be through the roof for the next few years. It would be a very good idea to eat a lot more though. If you're serious about it, log what you eat for a few days and see how many calories you're currently eating. Then just start adding to it. You're small now, which may mean that you're body naturally holds less fat. That's not a bad thing. It means you can eat a ton of food and not worry too much about fat. I wasn't that lucky.

Don't worry too much about what you read that taylor did or didn't do. If you add more calories to your diet slowly, then you should be able to start adding muscle without gaining too much fat. You're training needs to be on point, which is why its REALLY GOOD that you're hear. Most teenagers either eat plenty but don't train right, or they eat too little, and still really don't train right.

Ask, ask, ask questions, so we can help you get your training plan right to get where you want to get. We have a lot of experience around here. A lot of us wish we could go back to your age and do things better, so use our experience.
Thats great to hear, and I really appreciate the help you all giving me. As I said before, Ill learn allot from all of you. your obviously all very experienced.

Share with Facebook
Old 02-05-2013, 06:32 PM   #17
johnd787
johnd787
has no status.
Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

johnd787 is off to a bad start

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_swede View Post
Bulk until your 21, youre in the golden age of gains right now!
I didn't know that.

Share with Facebook
Old 04-23-2014, 04:25 PM   #18
pivost
pivost
has no status.
Newb
New Brawn
Points: 383, Level: 7 Points: 383, Level: 7 Points: 383, Level: 7
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Vitamins
My Mood: Inspired
pivost has made some quality postspivost has made some quality postspivost has made some quality postspivost has made some quality postspivost has made some quality postspivost has made some quality posts

Eat a lot of carbs and consume a decent amount of protein.
Muscles will come with patience, dedication and time...
pivost is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook