Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 01-14-2013, 06:38 PM   #1
sandraW
sandraW
has no status.
New Brawn
Points: 497, Level: 9 Points: 497, Level: 9 Points: 497, Level: 9
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

sandraW has made some good postssandraW has made some good postssandraW has made some good postssandraW has made some good postssandraW has made some good postssandraW has made some good postssandraW has made some good postssandraW has made some good postssandraW has made some good postssandraW has made some good postssandraW has made some good posts
Default water increase

I want to increase my water because I hardly drink enough of it. HOw can I make sure that I drink at least 8 glasses of it a day? What are some easy ways to incorporate this into the day?
sandraW is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2013, 06:46 PM   #2
5kgLifter
5kgLifter
loves teddy bears...
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Checkers Champion! Mario Kart Extreme! Champion! NG Holdem Champion! Javelin Champion! Mouse Batting Champion! Keno Champion!
Training Type: Other
My Mood: Cynical
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandraW View Post
I want to increase my water because I hardly drink enough of it. HOw can I make sure that I drink at least 8 glasses of it a day? What are some easy ways to incorporate this into the day?
The 8 glasses of water a day is a poor myth; the 2 litres which was rounded up from the initial study, also includes all water found in the vegetables and fruits that people consume, in addition to the drinks people have, not to the exclusion of them. It's a fact most are not aware of.

Share with Facebook
Old 01-14-2013, 07:16 PM   #3
Soldier
Soldier
is judging you.
Max Brawn
Points: 14,536, Level: 78 Points: 14,536, Level: 78 Points: 14,536, Level: 78
Activity: 52% Activity: 52% Activity: 52%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
My Mood: Inspired
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

The more water you drink, the better. I carry around a gallon jug filled with water flavored with mio and usually drain it twice a day. The trick to drinking more water is to only drink water. Whenever you need something to drink, drink water. I know I mentioned that diet soda is good for cravings, but when it comes time to eat a meal or you get thirsty or just want something to put in your mouth, go to water first.

People talk about drinking more water, but then for some reason when it comes to meal time they don't even consider water an option. It's always tea or soda or whatever else. kill a glass of water before each meal. Then you've taken care of three of your glasses for the day, AND you'll find that you get full quicker once you start eating.

Share with Facebook
Old 01-14-2013, 07:41 PM   #4
jdmalm123
jdmalm123
one rep is plenty!
Less is More
Max Brawn
Points: 13,158, Level: 74 Points: 13,158, Level: 74 Points: 13,158, Level: 74
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Yeti Sports 1 Long Ass Shot Champion!
Training Exp: not enough
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: All of 'em
Fav Supp: Milk shake
My Mood: Lurking
jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!

I agree with 5kg that high water intake is oversold in general and that it was intended to include all sources....forcing water is not better.

Soldier is also right...the point for most people newly engaging in a healthier routine is to drink more than you were....it's good for so many body processes, removing toxins, etc. but once you find level health, you only need what you need....at one point I was drinking one pint of pure water per day with no ill effects...i was also drinking almost a gallon of milk...I was plenty hydrated.

Was Soldier right in your case? Are you drinking other than water most of the time?

Share with Facebook
Old 01-14-2013, 09:12 PM   #5
Soldier
Soldier
is judging you.
Max Brawn
Points: 14,536, Level: 78 Points: 14,536, Level: 78 Points: 14,536, Level: 78
Activity: 52% Activity: 52% Activity: 52%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
My Mood: Inspired
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmalm123 View Post
i was also drinking almost a gallon of milk...I was plenty hydrated.
Very good point. Many of the things we drink have extras in them that actually keep them from hydrating us but milk, fresh juices, and fruit itself will all hydrate you.

Share with Facebook
Old 01-16-2013, 07:30 PM   #6
waanabeef
waanabeef
has no status.
New Brawn
Points: 435, Level: 8 Points: 435, Level: 8 Points: 435, Level: 8
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

waanabeef has made some very good postswaanabeef has made some very good postswaanabeef has made some very good postswaanabeef has made some very good postswaanabeef has made some very good postswaanabeef has made some very good postswaanabeef has made some very good postswaanabeef has made some very good postswaanabeef has made some very good postswaanabeef has made some very good postswaanabeef has made some very good posts

Try adding some flavor to your water. How about a few lemon slices? Or some like cucumber slices as well although I have never really been a fan of that.
waanabeef is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 01-19-2013, 11:33 AM   #7
Credz
Credz
has no status.
Uber Brawn
Points: 757, Level: 14 Points: 757, Level: 14 Points: 757, Level: 14
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: T-Bar Rows
Fav Supp: Juggernaut
Credz is a consistent contributorCredz is a consistent contributorCredz is a consistent contributorCredz is a consistent contributorCredz is a consistent contributorCredz is a consistent contributorCredz is a consistent contributorCredz is a consistent contributorCredz is a consistent contributorCredz is a consistent contributorCredz is a consistent contributor

I like to add 0 Calorie or Low Calorie (5cal or less) Drink mix to my water. I have 3 water bottles at work I drink thru out the day. Usually end up re-filling one of them for 4 bottles. Then at home I have a 1.25 liter jug I drink every day that I flavor with Mio or the sorts.

Visit Infinite Labs on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/InfiniteLabsSupplements

https://twitter.com/FightersPower
Credz is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 01-19-2013, 01:08 PM   #8
leefarley
leefarley
lifts weights in his shed
Max Brawn
Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: protein powder
My Mood: Lurking
leefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master member

i intend to drink more water on workout days between 2-3 liters plus i drink alot of milk.
leefarley is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 01-19-2013, 04:51 PM   #9
Tannhauser
Tannhauser
reads long boring books
Max Brawn
Points: 137,996, Level: 100 Points: 137,996, Level: 100 Points: 137,996, Level: 100
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%

Training Exp: 30+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Front squat
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandraW View Post
Why? It's the middle of winter. If your diet is anything approaching normal, you won't be approaching dehydration. There's no point in pursuing some arbitrary target for drinking liquids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
The 8 glasses of water a day is a poor myth; the 2 litres which was rounded up from the initial study, also includes all water found in the vegetables and fruits that people consume, in addition to the drinks people have, not to the exclusion of them. It's a fact most are not aware of.
What Babs said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmalm123 View Post
....it's good for so many body processes, removing toxins, etc.
The body does a fine job of 'removing toxins' all day, every day, without ingesting extra water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier View Post
Many of the things we drink have extras in them that actually keep them from hydrating us but milk, fresh juices, and fruit itself will all hydrate you.
I'm pretty sure this isn't right. It's certainly not true of coffee, despite the widely believed myth that it dehydrates.

Bottom line: unless you're trekking across the desert, just drink when you're thirsty. It's as simple as that.

"The proper study of mankind is books" - Aldous Huxley
Tannhauser is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 03-03-2013, 08:02 PM   #10
schneppy07
schneppy07
GROW TIME
New Brawn
Points: 788, Level: 14 Points: 788, Level: 14 Points: 788, Level: 14
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 6
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: barbell deadlift
Fav Supp: AAEFX kre alkln creatine
My Mood: Aggressive
schneppy07 has made some good postsschneppy07 has made some good postsschneppy07 has made some good postsschneppy07 has made some good postsschneppy07 has made some good postsschneppy07 has made some good postsschneppy07 has made some good postsschneppy07 has made some good posts

I eat 6 to 7 times a day so I usually will just make sure I'm drinking water with each meal, 1 or 2 glasses each meal. By the end of the day I have had enough water.

>>>>All American EFX Board Rep<<<<<

Personal trainer/ Natural Freak

2012 belding natural classic overall winner

www.aaefx.com
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/aap/aap.htm
schneppy07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook