Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > General Fitness & Health

Notices

General Fitness & Health Discuss general fitness. conditioning and health topics.

Old 12-02-2012, 06:34 PM   #11
muscle_g
muscle_g
is training for that PR total!!
Max Brawn
Points: 7,814, Level: 59 Points: 7,814, Level: 59 Points: 7,814, Level: 59
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: lifting since 12yrs old
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squats, Bench, Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Vitamins/Minerals
My Mood: Cool
muscle_g is a dedicated contributormuscle_g is a dedicated contributormuscle_g is a dedicated contributormuscle_g is a dedicated contributormuscle_g is a dedicated contributormuscle_g is a dedicated contributormuscle_g is a dedicated contributormuscle_g is a dedicated contributormuscle_g is a dedicated contributormuscle_g is a dedicated contributormuscle_g is a dedicated contributor

Only time I ever drink a protein shake is if I can't get in a meal or if I am in a rush I'll drink one. The only supplements I find that I believe are necessary are vitmains and minerals.

Best Lifts
625/450/500 Geared
405/315/475 Raw

Training log
http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16621
muscle_g is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2012, 06:39 PM   #12
begota
begota
is strong like bull
Brawn
Points: 4,620, Level: 43 Points: 4,620, Level: 43 Points: 4,620, Level: 43
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Regarding Elliot and selling stuff, he works hand in hand with Mike Westerdal of Critical Bench on numerous programs. He is all about selling these programs. The videos are merely soft sells to get you to their sites. Once there you pay a fee for his Inner Circle and various E-books.

They are decent materials, so I am not hating on Elliot. Just wanted to step in and share that Elliot is definitely out to sell you many things.
Didn't want you to think I am so naive that I don't think these guys are out to sell me products. Everyone with a youtube channel offering free advice on lifting, with maybe the exception of Scooby, have something to sell me. I just never heard elliot say "buy this xxxx to make any gains", like I have heard on others channels. Even though yes his techniques are very subtle.

Share with Facebook
Old 12-02-2012, 06:52 PM   #13
gaspers04
gaspers04
is "Thickneck McBenchpress"
Max Brawn
Points: 17,144, Level: 83 Points: 17,144, Level: 83 Points: 17,144, Level: 83

Training Exp: 20 yrs.
Training Type: Westside
Fav Exercise: All of Them! Bench, hehe.
Fav Supp: Food
My Mood: Brooding
gaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master member

I see nothing wrong with supps. It seems that some people are very anti supps. Not sure as to why. If it helps, roll with it.

Supplements
M & S's Isofuel Chocolate, MGN's Dextrose,Universal's Beef Aminos and AAEFX's Kre-Alkalyn.
gaspers04 is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 12-02-2012, 07:05 PM   #14
SCStrong
SCStrong
is a devourer of beasts
Max Brawn
Points: 3,960, Level: 40 Points: 3,960, Level: 40 Points: 3,960, Level: 40
Activity: 22% Activity: 22% Activity: 22%

Training Exp: One more than last year
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: The ones that make me cry
Fav Supp: Beer; Milk is for Babies
My Mood: Aggressive
SCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master member

I really like my whey shakes.... I just cannot eat that much chicken ... Supps are useful but they are not magic.

Share with Facebook
Old 12-02-2012, 07:57 PM   #15
rippednmichigan
rippednmichigan
robert@flexfitnessandnutrition.com
Social Media Manager/REP
Max Brawn
Points: 22,927, Level: 93 Points: 22,927, Level: 93 Points: 22,927, Level: 93

Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: EFX K-Otic Orange Ambush
My Mood: Daring
rippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beast

Supplements aren't cheap but they are cheaper than food. To answer your question, NO it's more for convenience.
User owns 3x $30 I\'ll Pump You Up cash User owns 1x $20 I\'ll Pump You Up cash

Pure-Potent-Drug Free

http://allamericanefx.com/

Certified Personal Trainer
Training and Nutrition at
www.flexfitnessandnutrition.com

"Take control and push your limits!"
rippednmichigan is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 12-02-2012, 08:55 PM   #16
Chillen
Chillen
Current Pic/Nov 30th, 2012: Rocken Lean
Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 5+ years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
My Mood: Inspired
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

To me this subject isn't that difficult. It is all in the simplicity, and we sometimes make this far too complicated.

Each of us, whether we have lifting goals or not have certain dietary needs in calories, macro-nutrients, micro-nutrients, etc, "regardless" of the activity level of the individual person.

However, this basic need in calories, macro-nutrients, micro-nutrients (etc), can go up or down dependent on the activities of the person...and the persons' individual particulars (and the variable swings in weight disposition). Just because we are more active or applying a different method of stimulus, doesn't change the basics, it just increases them to a certain extent (dependent).

Like most things, it boils down to basic dietary mechanics---and to a degree some individual preferences that adheres to the goal desired (if one), and one's lifestyle disposition.

Here is an example: Person A is is wanting to lose tissue, which will assume a "basic" calorie restriction of 500c from Maintenance--to assist in soliciting this tissue loss.

In a deficit calorie environment protein can be drastically important (because of calorie depravity) and sometimes hard to fit in (but this can depend on the starting position of the person--weight/age wise). It can be also difficult for some to fit in protein because of lifestyle (like the kind of work they do and hours performed, for example). And, some just plainly do better with harder food items, then drinking some of their calories.

Two things are important here (pointing to protein, as subject matter): 1. Eating hard protein takes longer to digest and makes the body work harder (because of the longer digestive properties), 2. Supplementing with Whey Powder, is useful to hit protein targets and can aide an active person at work, but at the same time, the liquid properties digest and empty the stomach faster, which then a "combination" of food is another focal point of consideration.

My point here in this simple illustration, is to point out that if a person can fit in their protein (in hard food--hopefully a good choice variety), there is simply nothing wrong with it. And, if a person can progress by consuming both hard protein items and whey protein, there is nothing wrong with it (I wont get into pre and post workout eating and timing, this is just another individual subject matter to address on a personal level--dependent on many independent factors).

Best wishes,

Chillen

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:
Chillen is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook