Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 11-26-2012, 12:44 PM   #1
ricka182
ricka182
is taking small steps.. then GIANT leaps to domination!!!
Time to start over...
Max Brawn
Points: 5,008, Level: 45 Points: 5,008, Level: 45 Points: 5,008, Level: 45
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Archery 2000 Champion! Fish Eat Fish Champion! Power Driver Champion! Yeti Sports 1 Greece Champion! Penguinoids Champion!
Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench & Deads
Fav Supp: VPX Power Shock & PLCAR
My Mood: Sick
ricka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machine

Default Review - Unjury Chicken Soup Protein

I saw the ad and was immediately intrigued. How easy would it be to add 20g of protein by sipping on chicken soup? Turns out, pretty easy. I ordered 2 sample packs from Unjury, along with 2 sample of the unflavored protein mix.

I mixed the powder with warm water, no hotter than 140d per instructions to prevent the protein from clumping in hot liquid. I had a final product of about 8oz of water and mix, at about 131d. I let it sit for a few minutes to dissolve better.

First taste: Like chicken soup out of a vending machine. Not too bad, but certainly not homemade.

Look/Smell: Just like chicken broth.

Cost: With a full tub, it would come down to less than $1 per serving.

Overall: 8/10 - Mixing it with the right degree water can be tricky, but otherwise it's a good product. Can be easily mixed with other broths as well, or pieces of grilled chicken and veggies for a more complete meal.

Nutrition: 20g of protien, 0g fat, 0g carbs - Sodium is a bit high, but still only about 30% DV for sodium.

I can't speak on the unflavored, have not tried it yet, but will sometime this week. They also have a "Protein'd Cheese Sauce, that would make regular mac 'b' cheese with a protein boost. They also claim to be medical quality protein, whatever that means.

I might try this more often in the future, but for now I'll stick to regular sources for extra protein.. just based on ease of use and current diet plans. But for someone who has it around, it is an easy for a tasty protein boost at lunch.
ricka182 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links