Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 10-27-2012, 08:15 AM   #1
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,516,541, Level: 100 Points: 1,516,541, Level: 100 Points: 1,516,541, Level: 100
Activity: 61% Activity: 61% Activity: 61%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default Bodybuilding Bounce Back

Jerome Dinh, a local bodybuilder I had the pleasure of meeting a few years ago, competed this past weekend. He took a scale measurement and found he was up 29 pounds since Saturday.

Believe it or not, this is a fairly common bounce back after guys get super-shredded and follow it with a cheat week.

Shows you how darn near impossible it is to stay in that form of peak conditioning.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	384261_4913949133529_1304599227_n.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	6059  

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2012, 08:34 AM   #2
Rich Knapp
Rich Knapp
100% Natural Bodybuilder
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn
Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: > 13 years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: AAEFX's whole line.
Rich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master member

Quote:
Jerome Dinh

Ok weighed myself again...so im 201.2lbs...GAINED 29lbs since last Saturday! Now that the super anabolic week is over...enough shit food and rest...TIME TO WERK FOR 2013 competitions!!
That 1st post week the body starves for carbs and water, and is a spunge. Very high % of our weight gain comes from that. Then we are right back to counting macro's.

A day to week of eating like crap for the taste after all the weeks to months of cutting, then its back to reverse dieting bringing macro's up slow to prevent as much fat to muscle gains as we can. I hope people don't think by the post he put on 29lb of fat. lol Far from it.

To understand a post like this people should follow Jeromes full show prep. He is a true macro manipulator.

I'm not disagreeing with Steve. It Is very hard and takes dedication, but at the same time I don't want people to also miss understand the weight gain as fat and assume we throw on lbs of fat post show.

Last edited by Rich Knapp; 10-27-2012 at 08:47 AM.
Rich Knapp is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 10-27-2012, 08:47 AM   #3
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,516,541, Level: 100 Points: 1,516,541, Level: 100 Points: 1,516,541, Level: 100
Activity: 61% Activity: 61% Activity: 61%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Knapp View Post
I hope people don't think by the post he put on 29lb of fat. lol Far from it.
That reminds me of the younger lifters that go on cutting diets, get off, have a bad weekend, and think their "bulk" has given them 15 pounds of fat gain

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 10-27-2012, 08:53 AM   #4
Rich Knapp
Rich Knapp
100% Natural Bodybuilder
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn
Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: > 13 years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: AAEFX's whole line.
Rich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
That reminds me of the younger lifters that go on cutting diets, get off, have a bad weekend, and think their "bulk" has given them 15 pounds of fat gain
Yep. Not enough info out there on how much fat or muscle the human body can max produce in a week or month. Let alone a day or two.

Just like the sodium make you retain water. lol Ya it does, IF your not getting as much water on a normal rutein as you should.
Rich Knapp is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook