Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 10-05-2012, 07:19 PM   #1
tonpaulerc
tonpaulerc
has no status.
Brawn
Points: 845, Level: 15 Points: 845, Level: 15 Points: 845, Level: 15
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

tonpaulerc is off to a good starttonpaulerc is off to a good starttonpaulerc is off to a good start
Default Bully Calls News Anchor Fat

Did you see this? Good for this woman! She is taking a stand and I commend her for doing so.

Bully Calls News Anchor Fat, News Anchor Destroys Him On Live TV

Last edited by BendtheBar; 10-05-2012 at 07:35 PM.
tonpaulerc is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2012, 07:58 PM   #2
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,481,525, Level: 100 Points: 1,481,525, Level: 100 Points: 1,481,525, Level: 100
Activity: 43% Activity: 43% Activity: 43%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Interesting situation.

It seems in our modern era discrimination and hatred are allowed if you are overweight. I see it every day on forums and Facebook. Not just saying someone's fat - I'm fat - that's just a label. An accurate one. Rather the hatred of overweight people, like they are all lazy Twinkee eating slugs.

My mother worked her ass off in a laundry room all her life and was not lazy nor a glutton (in the least). Quite the opposite. But she is fat. Labels are one thing. Generalizations and stereotypes are another.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 10-06-2012 at 09:53 AM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 10-05-2012, 09:17 PM   #3
BigJosh
BigJosh
"the Grinder"
Max Brawn
Points: 10,976, Level: 69 Points: 10,976, Level: 69 Points: 10,976, Level: 69
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

Monster Memory Champion! Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion! Wheel Of Fortune Champion! Portal Champion! SpongeBob's Pizza Toss Champion! Bumper Cards Champion! ATV Winter Challenge Champion! NBA Spirit Champion! Torino 2006 Curling Champion! Ultimate Football Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
My Mood: Cool
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

I've got a gut but at the same time I'm more swole than 95% of the people at my gym. It's funny, because sometimes I think the pretty boys at the gym don't know whether to give me the cold shoulder and be pricks because I have a fat belly or to shake my hand and try to be my buddy because I'm more muscular and stronger than them.
Either way, I think there are people out there that look at me a bit different because I carry a little extra weight. Just an observation.

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 10-06-2012, 09:26 AM   #4
brian19
brian19
has no status.
New Brawn
Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

brian19 is off to a good startbrian19 is off to a good startbrian19 is off to a good start

Great that this lady took a stand. How dare that guy just call her fat. He knows nothing about her. Too bad she did not release his name. I know she could not have but that would have really called him out.
brian19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 10-06-2012, 09:41 AM   #5
Fazc
Fazc
is feeling squirrely!
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
My Mood: Yeehaw
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Good on her, too much hate in the world already.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 10-06-2012, 10:13 AM   #6
Kuytrider
Kuytrider
is Yosif Zhelyazko Lynch
Max Brawn
Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 4
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Protein Powder
Kuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master member

She's a news anchor so I'd say she's done pretty well for herself. Knows how to stand up to bullies too

Getting it done one session at a time.
Kuytrider is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 10-06-2012, 10:30 AM   #7
Goat
Goat
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 3,004, Level: 33 Points: 3,004, Level: 33 Points: 3,004, Level: 33
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 2 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: squat
Fav Supp: MEAT
My Mood: Yeehaw
Goat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machine

Criticism now equals bullying? She brought this to every ones attention.

'Hi Jennifer,

It's unusual that I see your morning show, but I did so for a very short time today. I was surprised indeed to witness that your physical condition hasn't improved for many years.
Surely you don't consider yourself a suitable example for this community's young people, girls in particular.
Obesity is one of the worst choices a person can make and one of the most dangerous habits to maintain.
I leave you this note hoping that you'll reconsider your responsibility as a local public personality to present and promote a healthy lifestyle.'

Where is the bullying?

And the follow up.

'Given this country's present epidemic of obesity and the many truly horrible diseases related thereto, and considering Jennifer Livingston's fortuitous position in the community, I hope she'll finally take advantage of a rare and golden opportunity to influence the health and psychological well-being of Coulee region children by transforming herself for all of her viewers to see over the next year - And to that end I would be absolutely pleased to offer her any advice or support she would be willing to accept.'

Private emails such as these do not equate to bullying in my book, and what ever happened to sticks and stones?

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a country.One is by the sword.The other is by debt. - John Adams
Goat is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 10-06-2012, 10:44 AM   #8
Chillen
Chillen
Current Pic/Nov 30th, 2012: Rocken Lean
Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 5+ years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
My Mood: Inspired
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

One has to get passed their own personal self-stink before they begin to spell out another's stink. We all stink, its just that this stink smells different from one person to the next. When this person opened his mouth, he removed all doubt about his own stink intensity.

Peace and happiness,

Don

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:
Chillen is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 10-06-2012, 12:03 PM   #9
Chillen
Chillen
Current Pic/Nov 30th, 2012: Rocken Lean
Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 5+ years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
My Mood: Inspired
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

This topic reminds me of Body Image: How you perceive yourself and how others perceive you, and how much a mental part this plays.

Some are quite happy with whom they are, while others are not happy with them....and so it goes.

Open your eyes and mind and look around when you are out and about or reading material (on the short list below).

What do you see? Do you look and truly see?

Sometimes one can see:

1. An overweight person that is extremely happy "with themselves".

2. An overweight person that is NOT happy "with themselves"

3. A rather skinny person that is extremely happy "with themselves"

4. A rather skinny person that is NOT happy "with themselves"

5. A person who appears to be at a healthy weight and extremely happy "with themselves"

6. A person who appears to be at a healthy weight and NOT happy "with themselves"

7. A person with medical complications severely intruding on their health is happy and working with it. And, able to do extraordinary feats surprising many.

8. A person with medical complications severely intruding on their health in deep depression, very sad, and disheartened.

Consider the playing ground equal. What is the common denominator here, you think?

The mind can be the catalyst to spring a person to intense and/or simple achievement or compel a person to intense and/or simple despair.

Your mind can determine which side of the fence you are on.

Peel the "inner being" that seems "sometimes" separate from the mind like methodically peeling an orange.

Apply what you see and read with open eyes and cognitive awareness and blend them together for a self benefit application.

The mind and the way we think is so VITALITY important and it gets nearly no time in study, and this is really sad, when it is IT that kills goals and other things in this life.

Best regards,

Don

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:
Chillen is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 10-07-2012, 12:38 PM   #10
DieselWeasel
DieselWeasel
will deadlift 600 soon.
Elite Raw Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 6,832, Level: 54 Points: 6,832, Level: 54 Points: 6,832, Level: 54
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Whey Powder
My Mood: Paranoid
DieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beast

Everything is "bullying" these days. Everyone has a thin skin.

It's not like she was born with M.S. or C.P. and is unable to improve her body. If she wants that viewer and other people to stop being a "bully", she should DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. Take her sorry ass to the gym, and stop stuffing her face with donuts in the morning. Donuts are only allowed while backloading! LOL

RPS - Open 165 Raw - 07.13.13
1365 Elite/Pro Total (475,300,590)

Last edited by DieselWeasel; 10-07-2012 at 12:40 PM.
DieselWeasel is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook