Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 08-27-2012, 02:22 PM   #1
SeventySeven
SeventySeven
Pursuing progression with aggression
Max Brawn
Points: 5,586, Level: 48 Points: 5,586, Level: 48 Points: 5,586, Level: 48
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Tournaments Won: 1

Training Exp: 1 year+
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Xtend
My Mood: Twisted
SeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machine
Default 2012 CBBF nationals SHW first callout , who do you think won?

I think the winner is pretty clear...

Last edited by BendtheBar; 08-27-2012 at 02:26 PM. Reason: DROP the "&feature" off video. It auto-embeds.
SeventySeven is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2012, 02:27 PM   #2
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,472,245, Level: 100 Points: 1,472,245, Level: 100 Points: 1,472,245, Level: 100
Activity: 38% Activity: 38% Activity: 38%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Guy in the middle has no quad separation. Did he win?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 08-27-2012, 02:36 PM   #3
SeventySeven
SeventySeven
Pursuing progression with aggression
Max Brawn
Points: 5,586, Level: 48 Points: 5,586, Level: 48 Points: 5,586, Level: 48

Tournaments Won: 1

Training Exp: 1 year+
Fav Supp: Xtend
My Mood: Twisted
SeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machine

negative the man on the right did, maybe the judges were notlooking to the left?

Share with Facebook
Old 08-27-2012, 02:39 PM   #4
LtL
LtL
is loving life.
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,169, Level: 100 Points: 36,169, Level: 100 Points: 36,169, Level: 100
Activity: 18% Activity: 18% Activity: 18%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
My Mood: Cheerful
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Antoine on the right won I believe. Guy in the middle is blowing hard and looks to be cramping. Combined with his legs holding water by the look of it tells me something went wrong. Can anyone, looking at you Rich Knapp , shed light on what he is going through right there?

Al
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 08-27-2012, 02:45 PM   #5
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,472,245, Level: 100 Points: 1,472,245, Level: 100 Points: 1,472,245, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Guy on the right has much better legs, calves and forearms, much weaker shoulders and lats. Guy on the right has better biceps (by a hair). I think the guy on the right has a smaller waist and much better arm and leg aesthetics too.

So weighing these, for me I see the guy on the right with a lot more going for him, but very weak lats and shoulders.

Gun to my head, I would probably give the nod to the guy on the right. Don't hate me, I still love you.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sdfsdf.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	5454  

Share with Facebook
Old 08-27-2012, 02:49 PM   #6
5kgLifter
5kgLifter
loves teddy bears...
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Checkers Champion! Mario Kart Extreme! Champion! NG Holdem Champion! Javelin Champion! Mouse Batting Champion! Keno Champion!
Training Type: Other
My Mood: Cynical
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Guy on the right has much better legs, calves and forearms, much weaker shoulders and lats. Guy on the right has better biceps (by a hair). I think the guy on the right has a smaller waist and much better arm and leg aesthetics too.

So weighing these, for me I see the guy on the right with a lot more going for him, but very weak lats and shoulders.

From the backshot though, I felt his back looked much better than either of the other two.

I would have picked the guy on the right as well.

Share with Facebook
Old 08-27-2012, 02:54 PM   #7
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
From the backshot though, I felt his back looked much better than either of the other two.

I would have picked the guy on the right as well.
I'll have to check. I get motion sickness from shaky cam and couldn't watch too long.

Share with Facebook
Old 08-28-2012, 09:02 AM   #8
Rich Knapp
Rich Knapp
100% Natural Bodybuilder
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn
Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97

Training Exp: > 13 years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: AAEFX's whole line.
Rich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtL View Post
Antoine on the right won I believe. Guy in the middle is blowing hard and looks to be cramping. Combined with his legs holding water by the look of it tells me something went wrong. Can anyone, looking at you Rich Knapp , shed light on what he is going through right there?

Al
lol were do I start.

IMO:

The center guy:
  • Big mass monster ( no detailed separation just main muscles)
  • NO lower back separation
  • OUT of conditioning - couldn't hold a flex longer than 3-4 seconds.

Both guys more the one on right, out shined center guy in:
  • Tan
  • Hamstrings
  • quad flex (center guy couldn't hold one for shit).
  • Sartorius development, center guy don't even look like he has them.

IMO a case of were the center guy thought pure mass and no attention to detail would get him a win.

If the guy on right would bring his elbows down 2" in the double Bi's lining up all his joints and letting his bellies do the work and not try to force a size illusion but let the illusion flow, his lats (judging by lat spreads) would come out at least another 1" per side on his front and rear bi poses also it would give him more thickness in lats seen as they aren't stretched out as much. . A case of bad posing making him look smaller than he is.

A NPC, IFBB show center guy may have won. All depends on the fed of the show and there judging criteria. Here is a point were bar stool judges piss me off also. They have NO idea what the judging criteria is for that feds judging unless they have tested and studied to be a judge, and yet they think they know more from pics and video's that the judges that are 4' away from them with the best view there is.

CBBF is a branch of the NPC/IFBB so I am suprised if the center guy didn't win.

Bodybuilding is about attention to detailing mass, among the many many other things. Being a big @ss blob even if your dieted down don't win you crap. (most the time)

Last edited by Rich Knapp; 08-28-2012 at 09:25 AM.
Rich Knapp is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 08-28-2012, 09:44 AM   #9
LtL
LtL
is loving life.
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,169, Level: 100 Points: 36,169, Level: 100 Points: 36,169, Level: 100
Activity: 18% Activity: 18% Activity: 18%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
My Mood: Cheerful
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Great insight Rich thanks. That was exactly what I was looking for. I was especially interested as to why the centre guy couldn't hold a pose for shit.

I'm pretty sure that the right hand guy won overall and got his pro card which at least is a nod towards proper judging and conditioning.

Al
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 08-28-2012, 09:48 AM   #10
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Rich your bodybuilding insights are invaluable. We appreciate them. Thanks!

Last edited by BendtheBar; 08-28-2012 at 09:53 AM.

Share with Facebook