Points: 3,966, Level: 40 Points: 3,966, Level: 40 Points: 3,966, Level: 40
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Tournaments Won: 2

Training Exp: 4 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Squat & Quick Lifts
Fav Supp: Milk
My Mood: Sleepy
Spartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributor
Default Spartigus Training Log

Hey Guys!!

I have been a bit absent, work is sorting out and I will be back . Don't worry, I am still lifting, not missing sessions and reading lifting books.

Current Maxs
Squat 165kg
Bench 115kg (havent tested it though, but thats the most I have benched, but I feel my bench is stronger than this. So atmo its still 115kg)
Deadlift 210kg

The last 3 months I have been playing with lifting 5 days a week, focusing entirely on the main lifts. It has evolved over the 3 months, I have got bigger and stronger. The first template was way too much volume, I have been dropping it down and its feeling good.

I am also training on Saturday mornings at this Olympic Lifting Gym. Its mainly people doing Crossfit, and the guys and girls tend to do the Oly lifting class to help with their Crossfit class. One of the Oly lifting Coaches is into heavy weights, he is getting into Strongman and Oly lifting comps, the other coach is heavily into Oly lifting and Crossfit comps.

So far my program is:-

Monday
Squat
Working up to heavy single
3x3 backoff sets

Bench
Working up to heavy single
3x3 backoff sets

Tuesday (this one is getting modified, it used to be snatch grip deadlifts and rack pulls. But I realised last week that i picked rack pulls because they are heavy, instead of me needing them.)
Sumo Deadlift 3x1 (Medium, so 80-90% of Thursday Deadlift Singles
Snatch Pull 3x2
Wide Grip Pullups

Wednesday
Squats 5x3 (light)
Overhead Press 3-5 singles
Rack Bench (work up to heavy singles, then drop weight and do a double, drop more and do a triple. I find my bench is stick about 2" above chest, so working on that with this)

Thursday
Sumo Deadlift 3x1
BB Rows 5x5

Friday
Squats 5x5 (ramping up to top set of 5)
Bench 5x5 (Ramping up to top set of 5)

Saturday
Oly Lifting, 2-3 exercises working up to a single or double

Todays Oly lifting was working up to a squat double, then some snatches. After that played around with the trainer who is training for strongman. Just did some tire hitting with a sledge hammer, swinging 43kg kettlebell, axel clean and press and some overhead lunges.

So far I am feeling good, the only time I felt a bit overtrained was at the start when I had crazy amounts of volume. So far nothing hurts and the lifts are going up .

"When in doubt, just get really, really strong. It tends to cure most problems in training and life." - Wendler
Spartigus is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2012, 10:32 PM   #2
Spartigus
Spartigus
has no status.
Max Brawn

Spartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributor

A quick note, the bench and squat 3x3 on Monday will be about the same as my top set of 5 on Friday.

"When in doubt, just get really, really strong. It tends to cure most problems in training and life." - Wendler

Share with Facebook
Old 02-17-2012, 10:43 PM   #3
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,476,844, Level: 100 Points: 1,476,844, Level: 100 Points: 1,476,844, Level: 100
Activity: 42% Activity: 42% Activity: 42%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Program looks solid Spart. Staying pretty injury free I assume?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 02-17-2012, 10:51 PM   #4
Spartigus
Spartigus
has no status.
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Program looks solid Spart. Staying pretty injury free I assume?
Thanks! I am after any feedback anyone wants to give . Yeah I was, a slight strain in my mid back when I went for a rack pull on Tuesday, that made me think "why am I doing this lift" and my response was "because its heavy?". So I changed it out, this way I get more practice deadlifting (more skill means I get better at it) and I get to do some faster pulls (help with speed and Oly lifting).

Share with Facebook
Old 02-17-2012, 11:03 PM   #5
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,476,844, Level: 100 Points: 1,476,844, Level: 100 Points: 1,476,844, Level: 100
Activity: 42% Activity: 42% Activity: 42%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I don't have any feedback, but am curious how the 2x deadlift is treating you?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 02-17-2012, 11:19 PM   #6
Spartigus
Spartigus
has no status.
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I don't have any feedback, but am curious how the 2x deadlift is treating you?
I have been deadlifting twice a week for 3 months now. Up until next week, it was Snatch grip deadlift for 3 singles and a heavy tripple rack pull on Tuesday, and on Thursday it was 3 heavy singles and bb rows. So far so good, I was actually recommended it by this old school PL at my gym, he had about a 750kg total at 105kg when he was younger.

At first I thought I would be fried, but so far my lower back feels better than it has ever been.

Share with Facebook
Old 02-18-2012, 03:38 AM   #7
big_swede
big_swede
Strongman
Max Brawn
Points: 33,291, Level: 100 Points: 33,291, Level: 100 Points: 33,291, Level: 100
Activity: 22% Activity: 22% Activity: 22%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
My Mood: Yeehaw
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Good having you back Spart! And interesting new template, Im also playing around with a bit of waveloading and some tough and fun shit!

Share with Facebook
Old 02-18-2012, 05:24 AM   #8
Fazc
Fazc
is feeling squirrely!
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
My Mood: Yeehaw
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Glad you're back mate, good news!
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 02-18-2012, 10:00 PM   #9
Spartigus
Spartigus
has no status.
Max Brawn

Thanks guys!! Tuesdays rack pulling tweaked one of my spinal erectors and the oly lifting and strongman stuff pushed it a little further, first strain in about 3 months. Possibly will go light on squats/deads early in the week, but its getting a lot better each day.

Share with Facebook
Old 02-18-2012, 10:05 PM   #10
Pull14
Pull14
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 3,581, Level: 37 Points: 3,581, Level: 37 Points: 3,581, Level: 37
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Pull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machine

Welcome back! Training is looking good, Spart.
Pull14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook