Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > General Fitness & Health

Notices

General Fitness & Health Discuss general fitness. conditioning and health topics.

Old 06-01-2012, 08:00 AM   #11
Fazc
Fazc
is feeling squirrely!
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
My Mood: Yeehaw
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Btb, Ltl, Big Swede?
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2012, 08:07 AM   #12
Chillen
Chillen
Current Pic/Nov 30th, 2012: Rocken Lean
Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 5+ years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
My Mood: Inspired
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtL View Post
I vote separate threads to allow ordered Q&A.

LtL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
Good idea I like this! Are you going to nominate people and have shoot-off threads where they can post or all post in here or something else?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Is it ok to pick a question and answer, or should we pick on something else and ask them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronManlet View Post
Sounds like an interesting idea to me.
I was thinking of writing a PM to the interviewee, and then the person would answer all questions (by muliti-quote) in the PM. And, then the person would PM me back, and I would post it with a small introduction. This way a PM direct to the New Member and a regular would be more personal.

The very first question in all of them would be basic stats and a brief personal profile, and then the specific questions. The intro would be first, then the basic stats and profile would be the lead in, and the questions next.

I was also thinking of having the Interviews more random, where the reader would not know who is next, but it would be specified after an interview is completed.

Do you guys think we should have specific individual threads, or keep the interviews all in one place. I choose keeping it all in one place and in one thread.

We can use this one to iron out the details.

What ever works and is agreed with the members, works for me.

Rock things out today! And be at peace with your brother and sista'

Best wishes,

Chillen

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:
Chillen is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 06-01-2012, 08:28 AM   #13
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,543,431, Level: 100 Points: 1,543,431, Level: 100 Points: 1,543,431, Level: 100
Activity: 53% Activity: 53% Activity: 53%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Do you guys think we should have specific individual threads, or keep the interviews all in one place. I choose keeping it all in one place and in one thread.
I'd prefer to put a sub-forum up in the "Resources" forum, that way we can keep them together and find them easily. Sound ok?

Also, I think with PMs it might place a burden on the person handling the interviews. Just a thought.

I like starting with stats and and introduction. Perhaps we could start with that and then give them 5 questions to lead with? And then let things go organic after that point? That might be a good balance. Thoughts?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 06-01-2012, 08:30 AM   #14
Chillen
Chillen
Max Brawn

Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

Quote:
I'd prefer to put a sub-forum up in the "Resources" forum, that way we can keep them together and find them easily. Sound ok?
Sounds good Steve.

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:

Share with Facebook
Old 06-01-2012, 08:52 AM   #15
Chillen
Chillen
Max Brawn

Quote:
Also, I think with PMs it might place a burden on the person handling the interviews. Just a thought.
Its not a problem with me. But I see your point, boss.

Quote:
I like starting with stats and and introduction. Perhaps we could start with that and then give them 5 questions to lead with? And then let things go organic after that point? That might be a good balance. Thoughts?
Maybe template structure like:
  • Introduction (For example: Tell us about yourself)
  • Profile, Stats
  • Series of questions and some tailored to the interviewee (in what is known).

I think we should have some common basic questions, but some have to be more personally specific, and someone has to maintenance this by being the interviewer and making the post, and selecting the person to be interviewed.

We need to keep it fresh and prevent it from becoming stale with the same ole type of questions.

We could vote on this and maybe create a "small" team. I think it needs a little control and members (the interviewers) whom are actively participating to keep it functioning and on-going.

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:

Share with Facebook
Old 06-01-2012, 10:01 AM   #16
emekajokammor
emekajokammor
is doin work
Menace
Max Brawn
Points: 9,293, Level: 64 Points: 9,293, Level: 64 Points: 9,293, Level: 64
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 7
Fav Exercise: Probably seated row
Fav Supp: Anabolic Pump
emekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beast

Good idea fella's. Looking forward to this

www.EmekaOkammor.com

Philippians 4:13
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

Luke 1:37
"For with God nothing shall be impossible."

Ronnie Coleman Signature Series V.I.P. Athlete

www.thesimplefitness.com
emekajokammor is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 06-01-2012, 10:55 AM   #17
5kgLifter
5kgLifter
loves teddy bears...
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Checkers Champion! Mario Kart Extreme! Champion! NG Holdem Champion! Javelin Champion! Mouse Batting Champion! Keno Champion!
Training Type: Other
My Mood: Cynical
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

You also have to be careful that questions being asked don't end up being questions that the interviewee would prefer not to answer or make it very clear that they don't need to feel compelled to answer a question if they prefer not to, otherwise it may have the adverse affect and drive people away from the forum.

Share with Facebook
Old 06-01-2012, 01:20 PM   #18
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,543,431, Level: 100 Points: 1,543,431, Level: 100 Points: 1,543,431, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillen View Post

I think we should have some common basic questions, but some have to be more personally specific, and someone has to maintenance this by being the interviewer and making the post, and selecting the person to be interviewed.
I think we need a pool of the basics. I use a question pool for my interviews.

Quote:
We could vote on this and maybe create a "small" team. I think it needs a little control and members (the interviewers) whom are actively participating to keep it functioning and on-going.
Anyone that wants to volunteer. Just like the challenges we had, many fall away. So the smaller, the simpler, the better in my opinion.

Last edited by BendtheBar; 06-01-2012 at 01:23 PM.

Share with Facebook
Old 06-01-2012, 02:21 PM   #19
Chillen
Chillen
Max Brawn

Quote:
I think we need a pool of the basics. I use a question pool for my interviews.
Agreed, but in some cases where the interviewee is known, we can make adjustments and add in certain questions more taylored to the person. I will work one up, Steve.

Quote:
Anyone that wants to volunteer. Just like the challenges we had, many fall away. So the smaller, the simpler, the better in my opinion.
What about a group of about 4 to 5, and each member has to be a regular contributer. And, since you are the Admin., and know most of the members, I suggest, you select. I do want to be one of though, boss man . When its one of the interviewers to be the interviewee, then one of the others can take over.

There are many programs, in which people volunteer, and their method of payment is in the satisfaction in their heart and in their soul, and seeing people or organizations become successful. Their motive doesn't go any more above the aforementioned. A forum is no different. There is no forum member getting paid to post or to comment. So we have to bring in better and improved reasons to pull the volunteer strings of their heart.

If prior interations such as the Challeges have failed, IMO, it is a possibility we need examine the reason as to why, and see if their is a cure for this complication. Even on the surface, without a thorough examination, it points to US. US, as a group working and pulling together. If this isn't happening, I believe we need to find the nerve.....as to why, and troubleshoot the issue, until we find something that works.

IMO, the future of the Interviews (or any idea) is in our hands. WE have no one to blame but us, if it fails. As hard as this sounds, I believe this is the truth. Its no different as compared to our personal fitness goals, with the difference we have a group of quality members trying to work together for the common good.

Personally, I do not like the negative tone this brings. Rather, I believe if we think it will work and be successfull, think we will work together, and think it could help the forum----IT SIMPLY WILL. Its a matter of willing it together with some common sense and help from other members.

I do not accept the inference of failure. Period. Its not in my blood.....or in MAB....Correct?

I will be home in about an hour or so. I have some additional thoughts I want to share, and will answer any more questions that are posted at that time.

Peace and happiness to all of you.

Lets make this work. It will take us. Period.

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:

Last edited by Chillen; 06-01-2012 at 02:37 PM.

Share with Facebook
Old 06-02-2012, 07:53 AM   #20
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
What about a group of about 4 to 5, and each member has to be a regular contributer. And, since you are the Admin., and know most of the members, I suggest, you select. I do want to be one of though, boss man . When its one of the interviewers to be the interviewee, then one of the others can take over.
I'll join in. Anyone else that wants to help let me know.

I'm going to make the sub-forum right now.

Share with Facebook