Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 11-13-2009, 06:12 PM   #21
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,518,552, Level: 100 Points: 1,518,552, Level: 100 Points: 1,518,552, Level: 100
Activity: 56% Activity: 56% Activity: 56%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by titanxvx View Post
With all due respect, being new on this forum. I fell it necessary to site a correction. EAS is no longer a Bill Phillips company (I'm a big fan of Bill's work though). He sold all interests and then resigned from the board a few years after that. EAS has been sold twice since Bill left. I can't remember who bought them last but it's one of the big food industry companies. (just read the fine print on any EAS product) I used to love most EAS products, but since the last acquisition products are manufactured for profit not quality. They were purchased for brand recognition only. I need to be careful, I'm stepping on some big toes here but it's all true.
Sorry, I wasn't aware that Bill doesn't own EAS. Most of my knowledge of his company is pre-2000.

And don't worry about stepping on toes here. We treat each other with respect, and are all equals.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2009, 10:05 PM   #22
titanxvx
titanxvx
has no status.
New Brawn

My Mood: Brooding
titanxvx is off to a bad start

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleandBrawn View Post
Sorry, I wasn't aware that Bill doesn't own EAS. Most of my knowledge of his company is pre-2000.

And don't worry about stepping on toes here. We treat each other with respect, and are all equals.
Thanks MB.
I just stumbled across your site looking for a honest real world bodybuilding-fitness forum. Most other sites are just flooded with company reps, or reps using alias user names posing as regular Joe. (easy to spot). Then there's the dudes that think they are chemists that run off a 5000 word essay for a simple process. Way to much BS and hardly any real info.
From the look of my first few visits to this site, everyone seems to be straight up. I'm looking forward to getting and giving some good honest information. Fitness has been my lifestyle for over 20 years and I've tried allot of product. But the product market has grown tenfold in as many years and damn it's hard to keep up with what works and not be chucking mega money out the window.
titanxvx is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 11-15-2009, 12:26 AM   #23
rippednmichigan
rippednmichigan
robert@flexfitnessandnutrition.com
Social Media Manager/REP
Max Brawn
Points: 22,927, Level: 93 Points: 22,927, Level: 93 Points: 22,927, Level: 93
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: EFX K-Otic Orange Ambush
My Mood: Daring
rippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beast

Quote:
Thanks MB.
I just stumbled across your site looking for a honest real world bodybuilding-fitness forum. Most other sites are just flooded with company reps, or reps using alias user names posing as regular Joe. (easy to spot). Then there's the dudes that think they are chemists that run off a 5000 word essay for a simple process. Way to much BS and hardly any real info.
From the look of my first few visits to this site, everyone seems to be straight up. I'm looking forward to getting and giving some good honest information. Fitness has been my lifestyle for over 20 years and I've tried allot of product. But the product market has grown tenfold in as many years and damn it's hard to keep up with what works and not be chucking mega money out the window.
Welcome titan, good people and no BS your gonna like it here.
User owns 3x $30 I\'ll Pump You Up cash User owns 1x $20 I\'ll Pump You Up cash

Pure-Potent-Drug Free

http://allamericanefx.com/

Certified Personal Trainer
Training and Nutrition at
www.flexfitnessandnutrition.com

"Take control and push your limits!"
rippednmichigan is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 11-15-2009, 08:07 AM   #24
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,518,552, Level: 100 Points: 1,518,552, Level: 100 Points: 1,518,552, Level: 100
Activity: 56% Activity: 56% Activity: 56%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Thanks MB.
Yeah, I'm not big into supplement hype. Nor do I really care for the 10,000 word posts on the "facts" based on Study X showing that some rare flower can up your HGH levels by 7000%. And the the OP goes on to act like Albert Einstein and a serious debate is the result - all over a bunk study. And if anyone has the balls to call the study for what it is, they get neg repped by the supplement rep with 50,000 reps.

I do allow supplement talk, but extreme hype like the 10,000 word post debates over the effectiveness of some African herb, or claims that you can gain 23 pounds of muscle in 14 weeks using some great new combo...well, I leave that to the forums where selling supplements is the prime reason for existence.

This forum is here to focus on strength and muscle. And for those that want to improve sports performance, and get ripped. Supplement reps are allowed, as long as they play by the rules and aren't selling SDI-Labs type bunk.

I don't want to scare off supplement reps for sake of being a jerk. I won't do that. Just no hype. Simple as that.

LG Sciences is repped by Rippednmichigan. Ipped works his ass off in the gym, and does a great job repping for LG. He allows us to explore the products. He is the perfect example of a quality rep.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 11-15-2009, 11:08 AM   #25
rippednmichigan
rippednmichigan
robert@flexfitnessandnutrition.com
Social Media Manager/REP
Max Brawn
Points: 22,927, Level: 93 Points: 22,927, Level: 93 Points: 22,927, Level: 93
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: EFX K-Otic Orange Ambush
My Mood: Daring
rippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleandBrawn View Post
LG Sciences is repped by Rippednmichigan. Ipped works his ass off in the gym, and does a great job repping for LG. He allows us to explore the products. He is the perfect example of a quality rep.
Thank you sir, we make some pretty good products and one of the reasons I like working with LG Sciences is there isn't a whole lot of BS hype.
User owns 3x $30 I\'ll Pump You Up cash User owns 1x $20 I\'ll Pump You Up cash

Pure-Potent-Drug Free

http://allamericanefx.com/

Certified Personal Trainer
Training and Nutrition at
www.flexfitnessandnutrition.com

"Take control and push your limits!"
rippednmichigan is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook