Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 11-11-2009, 01:40 PM   #1
Dianna Bol
Dianna Bol
has no status.
New Brawn
Points: 2,505, Level: 30 Points: 2,505, Level: 30 Points: 2,505, Level: 30
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Dianna Bol is new to the forumDianna Bol is new to the forum
Default Using drop sets for muscle gains?

So this morning in the gym I was in a bit of a hurry, but I wanted to do chest and back, which is certainly not one of my quicker days ha. I decided that would try a day based entirely on drop/supersets and just try to burn through them. It's not like I never do them, I've just never really done an entire workout of them.

Straight bench, followed by seated rows, then dumbbell pec flies and dumbbell delt flies.

For bench I did a set at 225 as many as I could, immediately followed by 185, then 135. I did that a second time, then threw in an extra negative set at 135 just for good measure.

I mirrored that arrangement for the other exercises as well (with different weights of course). It was fun, I was certainly more out of breath and worked up more of a sweat, but I don't think I really pushed hard enough on a couple sets. Oh well, we'll see how I feel later.

You guys have any preferences in terms of what exercises/muscles you do dropsets or supersets for?

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links