Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 11-14-2010, 05:50 PM   #1
Rich Knapp
Rich Knapp
100% Natural Bodybuilder
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn
Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: > 13 years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: AAEFX's whole line.
My Mood: Lurking
Rich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master member

Default Macro of Cal counting.

Which do you do and why?
Rich Knapp is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2010, 08:02 PM   #2
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,470,776, Level: 100 Points: 1,470,776, Level: 100 Points: 1,470,776, Level: 100
Activity: 39% Activity: 39% Activity: 39%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I count calories. I've been doing it so long it's simply second nature. I've never counted fats. My strategy is to get in the right amount of calories and protein, and usually I find that my carbs and fats fall in place naturally after that.

I will say though that while cutting I have to watch my fats as I tend to undereat them.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 11-16-2010, 03:54 PM   #3
Rich Knapp
Rich Knapp
100% Natural Bodybuilder
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn

Rich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master member

I'm a macro guy. I find for me it is easier to hit my right combination of fats-pro-carbs for keeping my muscle and yet burn fat.

Share with Facebook
Old 11-16-2010, 04:01 PM   #4
PCT
PCT
needs to get shredded
Max Brawn
Points: 4,446, Level: 42 Points: 4,446, Level: 42 Points: 4,446, Level: 42
Activity: 19% Activity: 19% Activity: 19%

Training Exp: 5.75 years
Fav Exercise: DB Presses
Fav Supp: Purus Labs Amino.D
My Mood: Blah
PCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributor

I was just trying to plan out my next clean diet for the new year and i was having a difficult time coming up with one... i wanted to get between 3000-3500 cals at least 1 gram protein per lbs. of lbm....

got any ideas guys... i thought about just counting cals... but i think i would get enough proetin that way
PCT is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 11-16-2010, 04:32 PM   #5
Rich Knapp
Rich Knapp
100% Natural Bodybuilder
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCT View Post
I was just trying to plan out my next clean diet for the new year and i was having a difficult time coming up with one... i wanted to get between 3000-3500 cals at least 1 gram protein per lbs. of lbm....

got any ideas guys... i thought about just counting cals... but i think i would get enough protein that way
I think at the least 1g per. Maybe even go to 1.25g per. Eating clean ya you should be able to hit this with all the secondary proteins in foods.

IMO counting Cal's is OK for bulking and maybe even for a novest/amiture competitor BBer. (NOT a beginner don't take me wrong here)

IMO when you are to the point of going for a Pro card or Pro already, you should be at the dedication level of detail to go the macro route.

PLEASE No one doing cal counting don't take this wrong or be mad. Look at a Pro's conditioning vs a amateur on stage.

Share with Facebook
Old 11-16-2010, 04:59 PM   #6
PCT
PCT
needs to get shredded
Max Brawn
Points: 4,446, Level: 42 Points: 4,446, Level: 42 Points: 4,446, Level: 42
Activity: 19% Activity: 19% Activity: 19%

Training Exp: 5.75 years
Fav Exercise: DB Presses
Fav Supp: Purus Labs Amino.D
My Mood: Blah
PCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Knapp View Post
I think at the least 1g per. Maybe even go to 1.25g per. Eating clean ya you should be able to hit this with all the secondary proteins in foods.

IMO counting Cal's is OK for bulking and maybe even for a novest/amiture competitor BBer. (NOT a beginner don't take me wrong here)

IMO when you are to the point of going for a Pro card or Pro already, you should be at the dedication level of detail to go the macro route.

PLEASE No one doing cal counting don't take this wrong or be mad. Look at a Pro's conditioning vs a amateur on stage.
Im not too big on conditioning just want to sheed alil fat after this "dirty" bulk i am doing...

I will figure it out though
PCT is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 11-16-2010, 05:26 PM   #7
Rich Knapp
Rich Knapp
100% Natural Bodybuilder
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCT View Post
Im not too big on conditioning just want to sheed alil fat after this "dirty" bulk i am doing...

I will figure it out though
Yeppers. In your case yes carb counting is totaly fine and should fill your needs.

Share with Facebook