Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 11-08-2010, 06:14 PM   #1
CoopDawg
CoopDawg
goin beast mode
Max Brawn
Points: 11,819, Level: 71 Points: 11,819, Level: 71 Points: 11,819, Level: 71
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: AAEFX K-OTIC
My Mood: Aggressive
CoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributor
Default Simple A/B split for my gf

Well me and btb had found her a routine already but im trying to get her a simplea/b split started for 2 days a week, john christys appreciation thread taught me alot, and She want to workout 2 days a week with weights and do cardio 2 or 3 other days of the week, I mean hows this sound.

Just some info:

height-5'4.5
Weight-125 pounds
Experience- About a year ago she was running 2 miles a day she had to stop due to the starting of her senior year and had alot to do, now we both did a mile today and she done fine shes still in good shape, shes only gained 8 pounds in a year she weighed 118, and then birth control has caused these 8 pounds, so we are gonna hook her up with a diet and an a/b split if you guys can help.
badass[bad-ass] adj. - the epitome of the American male. He radiates confidence in everything he does, whether itís lifting weights, ordering a drink, playing a sport, buying a car, or dealing with women. Heís slow to anger, yet brutally efficient when fighting back.
The badass carves his own path. He wears, drives, drinks, watches, and listens to what he chooses, when he chooses, where he chooses. Badass style is understated but instantly recognizable.
CoopDawg is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2010, 06:53 PM   #2
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,551,268, Level: 100 Points: 1,551,268, Level: 100 Points: 1,551,268, Level: 100
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Has she ever lifted before?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 11-08-2010, 07:10 PM   #3
CoopDawg
CoopDawg
goin beast mode
Max Brawn

CoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Has she ever lifted before?
Not until alittle today, i had her do a few things to get her prepped i let her bench press 65x10 she did it easily i showed her some form vids
badass[bad-ass] adj. - the epitome of the American male. He radiates confidence in everything he does, whether itís lifting weights, ordering a drink, playing a sport, buying a car, or dealing with women. Heís slow to anger, yet brutally efficient when fighting back.
The badass carves his own path. He wears, drives, drinks, watches, and listens to what he chooses, when he chooses, where he chooses. Badass style is understated but instantly recognizable.

Share with Facebook
Old 11-08-2010, 07:16 PM   #4
CoopDawg
CoopDawg
goin beast mode
Max Brawn

just wanna get her on somethin steady

Share with Facebook
Old 11-08-2010, 07:22 PM   #5
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,551,268, Level: 100 Points: 1,551,268, Level: 100 Points: 1,551,268, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I would have her try TitanCT's workout for several weeks to get form and routine down:

Beginner Fullbody Workout | Muscle & Strength

And after that, she could try something like this, possibly with slightly higher rep ranges:

3 Day Workout For Beginners | Muscle & Strength

Share with Facebook
Old 11-08-2010, 07:26 PM   #6
CoopDawg
CoopDawg
goin beast mode
Max Brawn

Like the first one a good bit, nice, simple, effective, how long should i run her on this

Share with Facebook
Old 11-08-2010, 07:29 PM   #7
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopDawg View Post
Like the first one a good bit, nice, simple, effective, how long should i run her on this
The first one is a primer just to get her used to form. Run that until she feels comfortable with basic lifts, then have her run the next workout at least 2-3 months. If she survives that, we can personalize a routine for her.

Share with Facebook
Old 11-08-2010, 07:30 PM   #8
CoopDawg
CoopDawg
goin beast mode
Max Brawn

Okay thanks alot bro, can she use dumbbells for deadlifts and squats or should i show her the barbell movements

Share with Facebook
Old 11-08-2010, 09:02 PM   #9
CoopDawg
CoopDawg
goin beast mode
Max Brawn

if she can use dumbbells that'd be great

Share with Facebook
Old 11-09-2010, 02:44 PM   #10
bamazav
bamazav
Dog House Training, home of the WalkerDips!Geezers Rule!
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn
Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
My Mood: Amazed
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

I teach a class at our church called Fit for the King, focus on resistance training for weight loss. All of my students are new to lifitng. The routines you have above are good. I would encourage her to start with goblet squats for the first couple of sessions. Then move to an empty bar. These two steps will help her squat form immensely. Since she is just starting, I would not push her to push the weight up as quick as you might. Focus on form and be patient. This is a marathon, not a sprint.
bamazav is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook