Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 11-02-2009, 09:29 AM   #11
glwanabe
glwanabe
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

I love it, thats exactly how I feel. Do as few moves as possible to get the job done. Add weight or do more reps. It's not rocket science, so don't make it harder than it has to be.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2009, 09:35 AM   #12
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,545,593, Level: 100 Points: 1,545,593, Level: 100 Points: 1,545,593, Level: 100
Activity: 51% Activity: 51% Activity: 51%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
I love it, thats exactly how I feel. Do as few moves as possible to get the job done. Add weight or do more reps. It's not rocket science, so don't make it harder than it has to be.
That's what I did for most of my training career and it worked for me. I have no agenda, and I didn't learn my training protocol from Weider or a book.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 11-02-2009, 09:54 AM   #13
glwanabe
glwanabe
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleandBrawn View Post
That's what I did for most of my training career and it worked for me. I have no agenda, and I didn't learn my training protocol from Weider or a book.
I had to learm from my mistakes. My high school lifting coach had us doing basic compounds, and I made great gains in the time I had in the class.

The last three month of the school year he added in deads, cleans, and chins once a week. Our entire program was:

2X week, for most of the year.
Squat
bench

1X week, last three months.
deads
cleans
chins

We did all this Mon-Thurs. Friday was a free day to work on something else, or rest. I normally did some arms, and shoulders. We only had 50 minutes for class work time, and usually had 5 to a group to share a bar. Usually we got about 4 sets per session, and worked as heavy as we could but no lower than 5 reps. More typically about 8.

I learned a lot from that program. I did more complicate dstuff later, but always have gone back to simple basic movements. If it isn't broke, don't fix it.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 11-02-2009, 11:37 AM   #14
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,545,593, Level: 100 Points: 1,545,593, Level: 100 Points: 1,545,593, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I tended to do a longer program until I started playing with squats. I was so tired after an hour that I began backing off volume. Once I learned that I was getting big very quickly with just progression and simple movements, I restructured my workouts around the basics and never looked back.

I know it's hard for some younger trainees to believe, but the basics work very well. My arms are bigger then they've ever been, and I've done minimal sets for bis and tris during the last 10 years.

Share with Facebook
Old 11-04-2009, 12:21 PM   #15
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Daniel Grissom...one of my favorite natural bodybuilding pictures.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	daniel_grissom_natural_bodybuilder.jpg
Views:	9650
Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	43  

Share with Facebook