Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 10-08-2010, 03:30 PM   #11
BigFiveFive
BigFiveFive
is getting huge-er-er
White Mamba
Max Brawn
Points: 3,891, Level: 39 Points: 3,891, Level: 39 Points: 3,891, Level: 39
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Barbell Rows
Fav Supp: AMS Pump Fixx
BigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by andys_trim View Post
Breakfast is at 7:30
I'll put in some sort of snack maybe almonds and tuna around 10:30?
Lunch is at 12:30
I workout around 2 or 2:30
Directly after my workout I eat my post workout meal
I'll have a snack around 4 before I go to class
Dinner when I come home around 7:30
and then my caesin protein is at about 10

Ok now i need the amount of calories im working with and i can split that into pro/carbs(simple and complex)/fats. I saw 1900, is that correct?

If so, 190gProtein/70gFats/125gCarbs. That looks pretty damn solid to me and I dont even know your BW. We may even be able to taper down a little on fats and maybe protein, but you can ALWAYS make gains when you're cutting remember that! Yes, they are small gains but still...

Ill break down the split between simple and complex carbs in your breakfast/pre-post workout in a bit. Busy afternoon.
BigFiveFive is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2010, 08:26 PM   #12
andys_trim
andys_trim
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 6,607, Level: 53 Points: 6,607, Level: 53 Points: 6,607, Level: 53

Training Exp: 1
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: Deadlift!
Fav Supp: Any I can afford.
My Mood: Cool
andys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributor

That is correct, I weigh around 190 right now. Thanks for the help man I appreciate it.

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/tra...tml#post103267 - Home of no compromising and busting ass day in and day out
andys_trim is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 10-09-2010, 12:35 AM   #13
onetiredkris
onetiredkris
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 2,770, Level: 32 Points: 2,770, Level: 32 Points: 2,770, Level: 32

onetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Breakfast FAT CARBS PROTEIN
2 servings of oatmeal 6 54 10
4 eggs 20 0 30
Whey protein 0 1 25
Multi Vitamin
Fish Oil 1 0 0

Total 26 55 65

Lunch FAT CARBS PROTEIN
2 chicken breast 6 0 54
Brown rice 4 41 5
Clif Bar 8 30 20

Total 18 71 79

Post Workout FAT CARBS PROTEIN
Whey Protein 0 1 25
Banana 1 51 2

Total 1 22 27

Snack FAT CARBS PROTEIN
2 Tuna 2 2 20

Total 2 2 20

Dinner FAT CARBS PROTEIN
2 chicken breast 6 0 54
Salad 0 0 0
Broccoli 0 2 1

Total 6 2 55

Bedtime FAT CARBS PROTEIN
Caesin 1 3 24

Total 1 3 24

Overall Total FAT CARBS PROTEIN
54 153 270

GOAL:

780 protein cal ACTUAL: 1,080 cal

390 carb cal ACTUAL: 612 cal

351 fat cal ACTUAL: 216 cal

Ok, I need major help. I need less protein and carbs and more healthy fats. Any help anyone can offer will be greatly appreciated. I am basing my calorie needs from PROTEIN + CARBS = 2/3 of cals FAT = other 1/3 of calories. Thanks.

Sorry if this is hard to read
Dude meal one and two have WAY to much fat in them. Id say in one day id want you to have 30-40 grams fat total.

Easy fixes:
Meal one switch 4 eggs to 1 whole egg and 4-5 whites.
Meal two, throw away the cliff bar.... maybe use it as a snack at some other point in the day(id say preworkout), after two breasts and brown rice the cliff bar is useless.

Dinner could use some fat. I would throw in a handfull of almonds/1tbs natty pb. Ive recently made the switch to my dinner being only dark chicken(for the added fat), 5 piece grilled...skin and all......then sleep

Watch the almonds and natty pb intake, i know they are healthy fats but they are calorie dense like crazy(and no they are not "free calories"). I dont even buy either of them anymore because i will eat half a bag of almonds or 5tbs of pb and be WAYYY past my target calories. Bastards are delicious.....

-OTK's LOG-
We lift weights and manipulate our diets so that we'll look good naked. Sure, it's healthy too, and we'll probably live a longer and more productive life than the average guy, but mostly it's about the naked thing.

Last edited by onetiredkris; 10-09-2010 at 12:39 AM.
onetiredkris is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 10-09-2010, 08:27 AM   #14
andys_trim
andys_trim
has no status.
Max Brawn

andys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributor

I've readjusted my meal plan and I've gotten it down to

Protein: 220grams/880calories
Carbs: 162grams/648calories
Fats: 48grams/432calories
Total: 1,960

That seems about right

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/tra...tml#post103267 - Home of no compromising and busting ass day in and day out

Last edited by andys_trim; 10-09-2010 at 08:49 AM.

Share with Facebook
Old 10-09-2010, 11:46 AM   #15
#Maverick#
#Maverick#
IS Down4daCause
Mental State Is Zenlike
Max Brawn
Points: 3,352, Level: 36 Points: 3,352, Level: 36 Points: 3,352, Level: 36
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: About 8 Months
Training Type: Other
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: MILK
#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFiveFive View Post
Ok let's start with basics, and first thing first, you dont need to count everything like you're doing. Example, tuna is a PROTEIN source, there is no need to count the fats that go along with it, same with your whey shakes, thats a protein source, dont count the fat/carbs in it. Another example, almonds are a source of good fats, no need to count the protein/carbs that comes along with them, same for brown rice its a carbohydrate source, dont count the fat/protein. This will make your marco breakdowns easier and more efficient and will also allow you to get the proper nutrition that you need.

Basic cut breakdown is something like 35%fat/25%carbs/40%protein, or 30/30/40, or 45/15/40 for ketosis. This is all % calorie breakdowns, remember 4calories in 1g of protein/carbs and 9calories in 1g of fat.

You need to consume 25% of total carbs in a split between pre/post workout and another 25% at breakfast, this accounting in all -50% total carbs/3 meals/breakfast/pre-post workout. that mean the other 50% need to be split evenly between the other 3 meals. Make sure the ONLY time you're consuming simple carbs is breakfast and post-workout! Also you need to work on your eating split, dieting is about timing brother, you eat breakfast then starve until lunch, then workout after. You need at least 3 if not 4 solid meals all containing carbs before you hit the gym and workout. Post me the EXACT times of your meals, this is a MUST.

I cant tell you have a general idea of how to diet and this is EXACTLY what my diet-style plan looked like when I first tried/started trying to cut/diet, ive learned alot since then and I can really teach you how to cycle carbs and load/deplete gylcogen but you dont need all that fancy stuff bro, you have a good start/base right here. Just gotta be consistent.

Give me some meal times and ill level out your protein/carbs/fats. Until then eat some almonds or natty PB for good fats, you do need some, and please... stop counting those 2g of fat in tuna and your protein shakes :P
Thanks man thats great advice,

Heres what mine looked like when i was cutting.
Quote:
Breakfast
1 cup egg whites 117 calories | 26.5g Protein
2 eggs (scrambled) 180 calories | 7g fat | 12.6g Prot.
1 Slice Whole Wheat Toast 110 calories | 6g Protein
12 - 16 oz. Water
Mid-Morning Snack
Fiber One Bar 140 Calories | 2g Protein
Whey Shake + 20oz. Milk 328 Calories | 54g Protein | 1.5g Fat
1oz. Peanuts 160 Calories | 5g Protein
16-18 Oz. Water
Lunch
5 oz. Chicken Breast 276 Calories | 29.9g Protein
22 Whole Almonds 163 Calories | 6g Protein
Pre-Workout
1 Orange
1 Chicken breast
Post-Workout
2 Servings ON 100% Whey 240 Calories | 48g Protein
Dinner
5 oz. Chicken Breasts
1 Cup Various Veggies
Macros:
Total Calories: 2,014
Protein: 211.1g
Carbohydrates: 150g
Fat: 75.5g
i kno it sucks but its my first attempt at meal plan making
#Maverick# is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 10-09-2010, 05:09 PM   #16
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,522,296, Level: 100 Points: 1,522,296, Level: 100 Points: 1,522,296, Level: 100
Activity: 48% Activity: 48% Activity: 48%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
I've readjusted my meal plan and I've gotten it down to

Protein: 220grams/880calories
Carbs: 162grams/648calories
Fats: 48grams/432calories
Total: 1,960

That seems about right
Looks good Andy. Best of luck. Hope you hit your goals and then some.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 10-09-2010, 09:41 PM   #17
andys_trim
andys_trim
has no status.
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Looks good Andy. Best of luck. Hope you hit your goals and then some.
Thanks, I feel like I put on some good muscle based on the progress pictures I put on my log. I feel like if I lose about 30 pounds I should be looking pretty good. Only time will tell.

Share with Facebook