Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Powerlifting & Strength Training

Notices

Powerlifting & Strength Training Topics related to powerlifting and strength training.

Old 09-29-2010, 12:42 PM   #1
Jude
Jude
has no status.
Brawn
Points: 6,586, Level: 53 Points: 6,586, Level: 53 Points: 6,586, Level: 53
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Jude has made some good postsJude has made some good postsJude has made some good postsJude has made some good postsJude has made some good postsJude has made some good postsJude has made some good postsJude has made some good posts
Default Has anyone used this?

Please take a look at the following link:

45 degree backextension

I am really interested in this. I like that it serves 2 functions; Chest supported row and 45 degree back extension with the ability to add resistance to your extensions.

Has anyone had a chance to use this piece of equipment or any piece of equipment from this company?

Is there a company on the East Coast / Mid-Atlantic region who makes something just like this?

The shipping from Texas to Virginia costs just as much as the piece of equipment. I am having trouble with that; so expensive. Thanks.
Jude is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2010, 12:50 PM   #2
rippednmichigan
rippednmichigan
robert@flexfitnessandnutrition.com
Social Media Manager/REP
Max Brawn
Points: 22,927, Level: 93 Points: 22,927, Level: 93 Points: 22,927, Level: 93
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: EFX K-Otic Orange Ambush
My Mood: Daring
rippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beast

No but you could save a but load of money and buy a hyper extension (I got mine at wally world for like $80) and do chest supported rows on your bench bro.
User owns 3x $30 I\'ll Pump You Up cash User owns 1x $20 I\'ll Pump You Up cash

Pure-Potent-Drug Free

http://allamericanefx.com/

Certified Personal Trainer
Training and Nutrition at
www.flexfitnessandnutrition.com

"Take control and push your limits!"
rippednmichigan is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 09-29-2010, 01:41 PM   #3
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,507,395, Level: 100 Points: 1,507,395, Level: 100 Points: 1,507,395, Level: 100
Activity: 69% Activity: 69% Activity: 69%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I've never used it. I would love to try it out. I can't do bench supported rows on my bench very well because there is an adjustment knob that keeps getting in the way.

I have a t-bar station similar to that. the only downside is that the leverage isn't as natural as I would like. I wish I could adjust the foot position angle. That doesn't appear to be an issue with this though.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 09-29-2010, 03:34 PM   #4
BigFiveFive
BigFiveFive
is getting huge-er-er
White Mamba
Max Brawn
Points: 3,891, Level: 39 Points: 3,891, Level: 39 Points: 3,891, Level: 39
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 3
Fav Exercise: Barbell Rows
Fav Supp: AMS Pump Fixx
BigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributor

Thats sick bro, if you got the cash to drop on it I would. And give me a call, i want in on that thing lol.
BigFiveFive is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 09-29-2010, 03:37 PM   #5
rippednmichigan
rippednmichigan
Social Media Manager/REP
Max Brawn

rippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beast

Don't get me wrong if $500 was chump change to me I would buy it. $500 isn't easy to come by so if I had the money I would but other equipment. Its a nice piece but not essential to me.

Share with Facebook
Old 09-30-2010, 10:06 AM   #6
Jude
Jude
has no status.
Brawn
Points: 6,586, Level: 53 Points: 6,586, Level: 53 Points: 6,586, Level: 53
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Jude has made some good postsJude has made some good postsJude has made some good postsJude has made some good postsJude has made some good postsJude has made some good postsJude has made some good postsJude has made some good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I've never used it. I would love to try it out. I can't do bench supported rows on my bench very well because there is an adjustment knob that keeps getting in the way.

I have a t-bar station similar to that. the only downside is that the leverage isn't as natural as I would like. I wish I could adjust the foot position angle. That doesn't appear to be an issue with this though.
I can relate to everything you said. When I set up my bench on an incline the bar gets hung up underneath. I bought a t-bar row attachment from New York Barbells that worked with my power rack but I had a difficult time getting a comfortable back angle. When I finally got a good back position I ended up smashing the bar into my groin!
This looks like a serious piece of equipment. I find that SLDL and DL in the same week a bit much. I would love to be able to do 45 degree back extensions and chest supported t-rows in my basement. If I rent a truck and drive one hour to the freight depot the shipping is $300. To have it dropped in my driveway the cost is $505. I have until midnight to order at the current sale price.
Jude is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 09-30-2010, 12:58 PM   #7
rippednmichigan
rippednmichigan
Social Media Manager/REP
Max Brawn

Just a thought but instead of using a BB use DB's then the bar won't get in the way. Just sounds like an expensive piece of equipment for just a couple exercises.

Share with Facebook