Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Powerlifting & Strength Training

Notices

Powerlifting & Strength Training Topics related to powerlifting and strength training.

Old 09-25-2010, 09:45 PM   #11
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,508,587, Level: 100 Points: 1,508,587, Level: 100 Points: 1,508,587, Level: 100
Activity: 70% Activity: 70% Activity: 70%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaipa View Post
well there has been studies of guys doing max squats then couple hours later go back and do vertical jump test. they found that their vertical jump actually increased. CNS is a very powerful thing..once you activate it and have CNS in what i like the call "in an arousal state" your body is prime for performance.
Good post.

I noticed this a bit today on a smaller level. My CNS was fried from being sick, and my warmups felt real heavy, but in my later sets as my CNS started to wake up, I felt like I was getting stronger.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2010, 10:30 PM   #12
big valsalva
big valsalva
going to deadlift the world
Viking Warrior
Max Brawn
Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Meat
My Mood: Cheerful
big valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaipa View Post
well there has been studies of guys doing max squats then couple hours later go back and do vertical jump test. they found that their vertical jump actually increased. CNS is a very powerful thing..once you activate it and have CNS in what i like the call "in an arousal state" your body is prime for performance.
Beautiful, just beautiful.

Jwood, since when would light to moderate squats hurt anything? Yep, if you're not already squatting three or more times a week, go for it. You're either on to something, or you're on something. Keep us posted.

Cancer Survivor - 7/21/10

Benchmark 5K time: 27:45 (3/5/11)

It's not the weight we move, but the people we move that matters. -- Bearded Beast of Duloc (12/31/10)
big valsalva is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 09-25-2010, 11:08 PM   #13
jwood
jwood
has no status.
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn
Points: 22,250, Level: 92 Points: 22,250, Level: 92 Points: 22,250, Level: 92
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Push press
Fav Supp: Razor 8 Blast Powder
My Mood: Aggressive
jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast

thanks so much for all of the responses guys, I am going to try this out starting this friday. I will not go all out on squats, I am going to do ATG squats light and then do one moderately difficult set to finish up, I will also keep this session to around 20 minutes including the warm up.

I think this will have two benefits: 1. help me get my bench moving 2. Loosen up and stretch out my legs 2 days after my heavy squat session. Anyways I am going to do this and it is going to help. This will be my claim to fame, haha.

Share with Facebook