Craig Pfisterer
is getting too old for this shit.
I Haz a Kat
Max Brawn
Points: 4,544, Level: 42 Points: 4,544, Level: 42 Points: 4,544, Level: 42
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Type: Strongman
Fav Supp: ON's Pro Complex Gainer
Craig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributor

July 18, 2010 - Events

Dynamic Warm-ups

2 3/8" Dumbbell Clean and Presses
60x5/5 (one hand)
110x3/3 (one hand)
140x1/1
180x0/0 (balls)
180x1/0 PR+10lbs
180x2/2 PR+3 reps

Yoke Picks
440x5
620x3
820x3
910x1
1000x3 PR+90lbs (walked with it for 6')

Super Prowler Lunges
SP+180x75'
SP+180x75'
SP+180x75'
SP+180x75'
SP+180x75'

Stone Loads
240x3 to 57"
240x1 to 57"/65"/73" (sloppy)
240x1 to 57"/65"/73" (sloppy)
240x1 to 73" (sloppy)
240x1 to 73"

Comments: I did nothing yesterday as I was down in Virginia for a pig roast. I got lost on the way there like four times so that was a long drive. Also very hot (drank two gallons of water/Gatorade) so it wasn't much of a rest day. I also helped out with a makeshift strongman show that Sean was running as part of the pig roast so I got some light sandbag carrying in resetting the implement, pulled a tractor and lifted a 260lbs atlas stone. So I knew I wasn't going to be at my best today. Training was at Chambersburg. Lou wanted to do some thick handle dumbbell pressing to get ready for one contest we both have coming up that has an Inch Dumbbell for reps. I made big jumps in my warm-ups for this since I was planning on some singles. Big mistake. I got so mad missing what I thought was a 175lbs dumbbell (not so good with the math haha). I was pissed off so I tried again. This time I got it for one with the right side but couldn't lock it out on the left. Going in to the third attempt, my goal was just one rep on the left side. It went up like butter so I did another. Another good one. Decided right there to get two reps with the other arm. Did it. I should have learned by now that I need to make small jumps and really get warmed up when I do overhead lifts in the AM for event training or contests. Really glad "Angry Joe" was there today to keep me from faltering. Next I did yoke picks. I forgot my rehband belt but that just meant I had to wear the hard belt on hole tighter. 620lbs was easy so I added 200lbs more. I had told Joe my goal was 1000lbs for three and I wasn't sure if I should do a set in between 820lbs and 1000lbs. He suggested a single with 910lbs so I did that. Now I was thinking in the back of my head that if I got three good picks with 1000lbs, I'd try taking it for a walk. Well number three went up so I took a few steps. Didn't feel too bad. I did some lunges with the super prowler that Lou was having Zack and Bill do with him. Very tough doing long, slow strides. I didn't think it was that tough on the first set but it got tough fast on the next sets. Finished off the day working my extension drill for stones. None of the loads to 73" were like last time, the closet one was the very last single. Maybe it was baking in the heat yesterday or from doing heavy deadlifts this week or even doing heavy stones the week before. I haven't really done stones with this kind of frequency. Maybe that's something too.

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2010, 10:00 PM   #102
Craig Pfisterer
Craig Pfisterer
I Haz a Kat
Max Brawn

Craig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributor

July 19, 2010 - DE UB

Walking 32 minutes

Dynamic Warm-ups

12″ Log Presses w/ IW#4s choker & #3's basket
No Bands
90x5
90x5
Add Bands (+125lbs)
90x2
110x2
130x2
150x2
170x2
170x2
170x2
170x2
170x2
170x2
170x2
170x2

2 3/8 Dumbbell Two-Arm Clean One-Arm Presses
90x8/8
90x8/8
90x8/8
90x8/8

Neutral Grip Incline Dumbbell Bench Presses
85'sx12
85'sx12
85'sx12

G-Man Pressdowns
85x15 PR+5lbs
85x15
85x15

34 Minutes of Stretching

Comments: Playing catch up at the moment with my workouts. Also making some minor changes. Pretty beat from events, especially my left side, so I knew this was going to be fairly tough at the start. Log was good although I did have a hiccup with seventh double at 170lbs. Made up for it by making the eighth the best one of the bunch. Went light on the thick dumbbell in lieu of yesterday's workout. Easy but left side a little off. Got all the reps with dumbbells on incline so I'm happy to be moving on up on these. G-man's weren't as fun as last time, maybe from dumbbell work yesterday. Sore all over.

Share with Facebook
Old 07-19-2010, 11:34 PM   #103
strkout35
strkout35
is starting the full body routine again
Max Brawn
Points: 10,027, Level: 66 Points: 10,027, Level: 66 Points: 10,027, Level: 66
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

My Mood: Mellow
strkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machine

huge yoke pics man, doing anything with 1000 lbs is damn impressive. nice to see you improving on all your lifts. keep it up man

_________Goals:__
Squat:______275
Deadlift:_____315
Bench:______185
Press:_______135

"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe"
strkout35 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 07-20-2010, 08:31 AM   #104
Craig Pfisterer
Craig Pfisterer
I Haz a Kat
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by strkout35 View Post
huge yoke pics man, doing anything with 1000 lbs is damn impressive. nice to see you improving on all your lifts. keep it up man
Thanks, I try to improve workout to workout, set to set and rep to rep.

Share with Facebook
Old 07-20-2010, 08:37 AM   #105
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,508,587, Level: 100 Points: 1,508,587, Level: 100 Points: 1,508,587, Level: 100
Activity: 70% Activity: 70% Activity: 70%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Yeah man those yoke picks are intense. Lifting that weight off the ground is no easy task. Great job.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 07-20-2010, 08:40 AM   #106
Craig Pfisterer
Craig Pfisterer
I Haz a Kat
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Yeah man those yoke picks are intense. Lifting that weight off the ground is no easy task. Great job.
Thanks Steve.

Share with Facebook
Old 07-21-2010, 08:14 AM   #107
Craig Pfisterer
Craig Pfisterer
I Haz a Kat
Max Brawn

July 20, 2010 - ME LB

Walking 32.5 minutes

Dynamic Warm-ups

Axle Front Squats
75x10
105x5
135x3
165x3
195x3
225x3
250x1
275x1
300x1
320x1
340x1
355x0
306x3

18" Rack Deadlifts w/IW#1's quad (straps)
255x3
305x3
345x3
395x3
435x3 PR+10lbs

Safety Squat Bar Goodmornings
305x12 PR+5lbs
305x12
305x12

Pulldown Abs
130x20
130x20
130x20

29 Minutes of Stretching

Comments: Meh. The day didn't start off too well with my allergies giving me hell as soon as I woke up. Luckily the sneezing went away but I had cotton mouth all day. I tried out a new exercise, using an axle for front squats. Not a fun experience. I did them crossed arm style, a style I haven't really done before. The bar really liked to roll around and apparently the way I was holding it was pinching something because my right hand went numb. Still not all the way gone in my pinky finger. That really put me off so I'm definitely not going to do them cross arm style. That is if I do them again. I've said it before but I don't get much out of front squats. Good news is all the weights felt light on my clavicle so that means pressing/jerking attempts at these weights isn't too far down the road. The numb hand thing took out my fire so my lifting went to a quiet kind of intensity for the rest of the workout. Form felt spot on for the banded rack pulls. Only issue was the last set where I lost my tightness and air putting down the second rep so I ended up hitching the third rep. Pretty close to crapping myself getting that lift. I knew gm's were going to be a treat as my traps have been rubbed raw from trying out this new yoke hold technique (picks with 1000lbs Sunday didn't help this haha). Yeah so putting 305lbs right on raw skin smarts. Bleed through my shirt. The second set felt piss easy. I switched up my ab exercise to pulldown abs to change things up a bit. I don't think I've done reps higher than 12 on these before but the weight felt easy. Guess the spread eagle situps have helped a lot in this area. I tried to keep a wide stance to keep that spirit alive. Anyway, it looks like I need to do some thinking in regards to front squats in my routine.

Share with Facebook
Old 07-21-2010, 10:20 AM   #108
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,508,587, Level: 100 Points: 1,508,587, Level: 100 Points: 1,508,587, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Nice job on front squats. Those suckers are deep!

Share with Facebook
Old 07-21-2010, 10:23 AM   #109
Craig Pfisterer
Craig Pfisterer
I Haz a Kat
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Nice job on front squats. Those suckers are deep!
Thanks Steve, I always strive to get as deep as I can on squats (besides box squats haha). Just wish they hadn't made my right hand numb but lesson learned.

Share with Facebook
Old 07-21-2010, 10:28 AM   #110
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Pfisterer View Post
Thanks Steve, I always strive to get as deep as I can on squats (besides box squats haha). Just wish they hadn't made my right hand numb but lesson learned.
I use the Sting Ray for Front Squats:

Amazon.com: Sting Ray: Sports & Outdoors Amazon.com: Sting Ray: Sports & Outdoors

It gives me an inch between the bar and my body and helps with bar stability.

Share with Facebook