Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 07-04-2010, 11:31 PM   #21
big valsalva
big valsalva
going to deadlift the world
Viking Warrior
Max Brawn
Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Meat
My Mood: Cheerful
big valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilver0587 View Post
I took a look at the book, and he gave it a 5/5 for Clinical evidence, and only a 3/5 for empirical evidence. So in other words, it's supported pretty good by legitimate studies, but not many people get an effect from it outside of the studies.

If you are going to take it however, he recommends 10-20 grams a day, which sounds about right.

I'd do 5 for breakfast, 5 before a workout, 5 after, and 5 before bed max.
That's about the same dosage/timing I'm thinking of running for my trial. That would be 10 on nontraining days and 20 on training days.

The discrepancy between the clinical evidence and emperical evidence makes me wonder how independant the clinical study was.

Cancer Survivor - 7/21/10

Benchmark 5K time: 27:45 (3/5/11)

It's not the weight we move, but the people we move that matters. -- Bearded Beast of Duloc (12/31/10)
big valsalva is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2010, 04:37 AM   #22
quicksilver0587
quicksilver0587
has no status.
Brawn
Points: 764, Level: 14 Points: 764, Level: 14 Points: 764, Level: 14
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%

Training Type: Get In Shape
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Creatine
My Mood: Mellow
quicksilver0587 is new to the forumquicksilver0587 is new to the forumquicksilver0587 is new to the forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by big valsalva View Post
That's about the same dosage/timing I'm thinking of running for my trial. That would be 10 on nontraining days and 20 on training days.

The discrepancy between the clinical evidence and emperical evidence makes me wonder how independant the clinical study was.
I'm pretty sure he checks for that, but a good question none-the-less. I should bring it home and actually look the studies up and determine if they were.
quicksilver0587 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 07-08-2010, 09:36 PM   #23
Rich Knapp
Rich Knapp
100% Natural Bodybuilder
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn
Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: > 13 years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: AAEFX's whole line.
My Mood: Lurking
Rich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master member

Quote:
Wasn't really going for the laugh effect, Rich. Some foods are meant to be consumed whole (eggs and milk for example). While I don't think there's anything morally wrong with supplementing individual aminos, I just suppose they work optimally when consumed in concert with one another. Its all part of the Design.

With that said, I'm going to seriously run some glutamine once this health matter clears up. Probably run a log just for kicks. We'll get to the bottom of this question once and for all. Why the glutamine research alone will provide so much Google traffic to this web site that it will crash the server.

By the way, Rich. Is that the only time of day you dose glutamine? How much?
It wasn't ment as a insult or anything I'm sorry. It was just diffrent the way you worded it, compair to most replies. Sorry Bad placement of "LOL"

I sup it post work out then right before bed. (when my supply allows, and defonitly both times when I am cutting)
I take 4g per 15ml serving in the AAEFX LG5. Its just as effective as a larger servings in a powder form.

Last edited by Rich Knapp; 07-08-2010 at 09:39 PM.
Rich Knapp is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 07-09-2010, 07:13 AM   #24
big valsalva
big valsalva
Viking Warrior
Max Brawn

big valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beast

We're cool, Rich.

So let me get this straight. You supp ONLY post workout and bedtime? And this is just glutamine, not a combo of aminos?

It's not the weight we move, but the people we move that matters. -- Bearded Beast of Duloc (12/31/10)

Share with Facebook
Old 07-09-2010, 09:07 AM   #25
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,480,873, Level: 100 Points: 1,480,873, Level: 100 Points: 1,480,873, Level: 100
Activity: 44% Activity: 44% Activity: 44%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallmeKing View Post
Pretty sure Layne is big on gluatmine.
He is now. He used to be very anti-glutamine.

Quote:
I'd be big on glutamine too, if there was money involved.
I think you're on to something.

I will say that I was skeptical about BCAAs and glutamine until I tried Xtend. I know I have parroted this before, so I apologize for re-hashing. But I also know Layne is a huge Xtend user. Maybe personal experience had something to do with his crossover. But what do I know, eh?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 07-09-2010, 10:46 AM   #26
Rich Knapp
Rich Knapp
100% Natural Bodybuilder
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn

Rich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master member

Quote:
We're cool, Rich.

So let me get this straight. You supp ONLY post workout and bedtime? And this is just glutamine, not a combo of aminos?
Correct. I take my Cell Rush (creatine) and LG5 (Glutamine with delivery system ) immediatly post work out, wait about 10-15 min. then take my protein and amino(LBA) mix. Bed time for sure at cutting to help preserve muscles.

But yes I don't mix amino's with it intentionaly. When I take my Luecine it is also timed to be a little after the LG5.

Share with Facebook
Old 07-09-2010, 07:08 PM   #27
big valsalva
big valsalva
Viking Warrior
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Knapp View Post
Correct. I take my Cell Rush (creatine) and LG5 (Glutamine with delivery system ) immediatly post work out, wait about 10-15 min. then take my protein and amino(LBA) mix. Bed time for sure at cutting to help preserve muscles.

But yes I don't mix amino's with it intentionaly. When I take my Luecine it is also timed to be a little after the LG5.
Good to know. I'm still serious about giving it an honest trial. I'll have to wait until I feel better. Right now I've taken myself off supplements at least until I'm done at the Mayo. I don't want to have to answer "yes" to too many questions.

Share with Facebook
Old 07-09-2010, 07:30 PM   #28
Rich Knapp
Rich Knapp
100% Natural Bodybuilder
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn

Quote:
Good to know. I'm still serious about giving it an honest trial. I'll have to wait until I feel better. Right now I've taken myself off supplements at least until I'm done at the Mayo. I don't want to have to answer "yes" to too many questions.
good call.

Share with Facebook