Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 05-16-2010, 12:43 PM   #1
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,522,296, Level: 100 Points: 1,522,296, Level: 100 Points: 1,522,296, Level: 100
Activity: 48% Activity: 48% Activity: 48%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default Universal Nutrition Supplement Reviews

Have you used any Universal Nutrition supplements? If so, please consider leaving a review:

Universal Nutrition Supplement Reviews Muscle and Brawn Bodybuilding and Powerlifting.

Your reviews help to grow Muscle and Brawn. thanks!

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2010, 06:48 PM   #2
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,522,296, Level: 100 Points: 1,522,296, Level: 100 Points: 1,522,296, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

If you get the chance, post your reviews at the links below:

Animal Stak by Universal Nutrition Muscle and Brawn Bodybuilding and Powerlifting.

Animal Pak by Universal Nutrition Muscle and Brawn Bodybuilding and Powerlifting.

Thanks!

Share with Facebook
Old 05-28-2010, 12:51 AM   #3
quicksilver0587
quicksilver0587
has no status.
Brawn
Points: 764, Level: 14 Points: 764, Level: 14 Points: 764, Level: 14
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%

Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: Get In Shape
Fav Supp: Creatine
My Mood: Mellow
quicksilver0587 is new to the forumquicksilver0587 is new to the forumquicksilver0587 is new to the forum
Thumbs down I wouldn't spend my money on their vitamin pak...

And here's why (you can read along with me):

Animal Pak - The Ultimate Vitamin Pack For Intense Trainers | Muscle & Strength

1. They still use Ergocalciferol. REALLY!? Cholecalciferol is superior. And the frustrating thing is, this changes between when the product came out. I saw some packs that had it, and some that didn't.

2. If I'm downing that many freaking pills, I want my minerals chelated properly, none of this oxide/sulfate bull****. At least the chromium is in its picolinate form.

3. Why the amino acid complex? Just eat some freaking protein.

4. 2g of Siberian ginseng and only 250 mg of Oriental ginseng? If I want to take my ginseng, I'll take it separately, thanks. I'd rather down a couple one gram capsules than a massive horse pill with a grainy surface.

5. 25 mg of Carnitine? Really? Why bother adding it? The same amount is probably found in a small piece of steak.

6. Coenzyme A is basically pantothenic acid. It's not hard for your body to make CoA from pantothenic acid. So why bother with the supplementation? It's probably mostly broken down by the time it gets into your blood stream anyways. Give your digestive enzymes some credit.

7. 200 mg of Linoleic Acid and 100 mg of Oleic acid is just plain stupid. Oleic acid is an Omega-9 fatty acid, which your body can make, and why include an (underdosed) omega 6 supplement without the Omega 3? If you're looking to increase inflammation, just throw in some Arachidonic acid while you're at it.

8. Coenzyme B12? Cyanocobalamin is an already massive vitamin as it is, requiring receptor mediated endocytosis by having to attach to intrinsic factor for intestinal absorption, and needing R protein just to survive the stomach.

9. Their product changes a lot over time as well, some good, some bad, so it's basically the same regardless.

10. Oh and wait... THIS IS TWO PACKS!? NO WAY!!! SCREW THAT...
quicksilver0587 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 05-28-2010, 06:54 AM   #4
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Bas...thanks for adding them to the site! They help with Google traffic. I appreciate it!

Share with Facebook
Old 05-28-2010, 09:31 AM   #5
ricka182
ricka182
is taking small steps.. then GIANT leaps to domination!!!
Time to start over...
Max Brawn
Points: 5,008, Level: 45 Points: 5,008, Level: 45 Points: 5,008, Level: 45
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Archery 2000 Champion! Fish Eat Fish Champion! Power Driver Champion! Yeti Sports 1 Greece Champion! Penguinoids Champion!
Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench & Deads
Fav Supp: VPX Power Shock & PLCAR
My Mood: Sick
ricka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machine

I did an Universal/Animal cycle last year. I took M-Stak, Pump, Intra-Aid, Torrent. I'll get around to posting my opinions on the stuff...some good, some bad. The amount of pills must be an acquired thing.. I thought it would be easy, but stomach got overfilled trying to take 50+ pills a day... Now just a few staples in pill form, the rest is all powder...
ricka182 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 05-28-2010, 09:37 AM   #6
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

You bring up a good point Ricka....I would probably take more supplements but I get to the point where I tire of swallowing pills.

Share with Facebook