Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 05-13-2010, 03:21 PM   #1
big_swede
big_swede
Strongman
Max Brawn
Points: 34,088, Level: 100 Points: 34,088, Level: 100 Points: 34,088, Level: 100
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
My Mood: Yeehaw
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Default Clean or dirty bulk, losing fat/getting harder during bulk, possible?

Im wanna get a little bit harder, and lose a litte fat or waterweight, (as u se on my avatar, its not much, its a week old picture), im currently at kcal maintenance+ diet, doing a 4split based around bench, dead, squat, ohpress and i eat quite a lot.
Typical day looks like this:

07-07.30 wakeup. protein shake, 50gr multivitamines, omega 3 2000mg 2 sandwiches with ham, coffe
10.00 yogurt 0.3l, oats 70-100gr, fruit like banan or apple
12.00 lunchbreak, pasta, rice or potatoes about 2-300gr, meat, chicken or fish 4-500gr, veggies or salad, sauce (often made with wholecream) and wholemilk
15.30-16.00 Snack, fruit and/or sandwich with ham or turkey
18.00 dinner, Omega 3 1000mg pasta, rice or potatoes about 2-300 gr, chicken fish or meat, salad or veggies, sauce as above, wholemilk.
Creatine 5g
19.00-20.30 Workout (4days a week)
21.00 post w/o whey drink, carbs 50-60gr, banana.
before bed, 22.30-23.30, eating leftovers from lunch or dinner, about half size of main meals on this occasion, or yogurt or whey/casein drink. B1 vitamins 200mg, E vitamins 800iu and for the moment nolvedex XT 3 caps

Gaining weight and strenth on this diet, and recovers fast too.
I dont really know what to cut down on, fat or carbs or both? Skip one or more meals and eat more on another? Skip fat and carbs totaly in the evenings? (after 6 oclock?) and if i do that, what about post w/o meal?

What about supplements like cla and ala? Only for cutting and does it work or waste of mony? Im sceptical to supplements in general.

Would really appreciate some help on this matter!

Cheers!

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2010, 03:41 PM   #2
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,540,515, Level: 100 Points: 1,540,515, Level: 100 Points: 1,540,515, Level: 100
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I'm no expert on dieting, but I think a more Paleo style of diet might benefit you. This would primarily mean dropping or minimizing gains. You could also try a cyclical approach to bulking and cutting - 2 weeks bulk, 2 weeks cut...

With that said...It's darn hard to lose fat and gain muscle, especially if you're not a beginner.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 05-13-2010, 04:21 PM   #3
big_swede
big_swede
Strongman
Max Brawn
Points: 34,088, Level: 100 Points: 34,088, Level: 100 Points: 34,088, Level: 100
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
My Mood: Yeehaw
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I'm no expert on dieting, but I think a more Paleo style of diet might benefit you. This would primarily mean dropping or minimizing gains. You could also try a cyclical approach to bulking and cutting - 2 weeks bulk, 2 weeks cut...

With that said...It's darn hard to lose fat and gain muscle, especially if you're not a beginner.
Im well aware of the lose fat/gain muscle principle and im just looking to make my bulk a bit cleaner. Im confused about the carb/fat ratio in % to protein but i guess that depends on your genetics and body composition.
I looked in to the paleo diet you mentioned and got some tips from it, thanks man!

Share with Facebook
Old 05-13-2010, 06:33 PM   #4
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,540,515, Level: 100 Points: 1,540,515, Level: 100 Points: 1,540,515, Level: 100
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_swede View Post
Im well aware of the lose fat/gain muscle principle and im just looking to make my bulk a bit cleaner. Im confused about the carb/fat ratio in % to protein but i guess that depends on your genetics and body composition.
I looked in to the paleo diet you mentioned and got some tips from it, thanks man!
Sorry I couldn't be more of a help. I wasn't sure if you knew about gain muscle and losing fat so I wanted to bring it up.

Most bodybuilding diets, because of their nature (obviously) are high protein. And most keep a minimal fat intake (maybe around 20% minimum). So the way I see it the only real variables are add protein and drop carbs, but here is where the ratios get tricky

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 05-13-2010, 07:39 PM   #5
ricka182
ricka182
is taking small steps.. then GIANT leaps to domination!!!
Time to start over...
Max Brawn
Points: 5,008, Level: 45 Points: 5,008, Level: 45 Points: 5,008, Level: 45
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Archery 2000 Champion! Fish Eat Fish Champion! Power Driver Champion! Yeti Sports 1 Greece Champion! Penguinoids Champion!
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench & Deads
Fav Supp: VPX Power Shock & PLCAR
My Mood: Sick
ricka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machine

If you can deal with cutting your carbs down, I'd say give Keto a shot. I did Keto for 6 weeks last year, and lost a lot of waterweight, and tightened up quite a bit.. I only stopped so I could drink more beer...not the best reason..

Google "The Ketogenic Diet" by Lyle McDonald... long, but good read with diet advice, workout plans, and a bunch more good stuff...
ricka182 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook