Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 04-25-2010, 12:19 PM   #11
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,361,434, Level: 100 Points: 1,361,434, Level: 100 Points: 1,361,434, Level: 100
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim83 View Post
a few things to consider

-if you like me and cant stand cardio, try doing complexes and gpp work.
- try looking into metabolic typing, C&P had some goodies on his site for it
We have numerous articles by Eric Talmant on the site. He is a metabolic typing fan.

Eric Talmant Muscle and Brawn Bodybuilding and Powerlifting.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2010, 12:25 PM   #12
Grim83
Grim83
has no status.
Director: TGZ
Max Brawn
Points: 6,663, Level: 53 Points: 6,663, Level: 53 Points: 6,663, Level: 53
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

My Mood: Crappy
Grim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
We have numerous articles by Eric Talmant on the site. He is a metabolic typing fan.

its good stuff, and it was right about me. i took the test and it said i was the protein fat type, and it was true, if i eat a huge steak i feel great if i eat a lot of carbs i just feel tired and sluggish
User owns 1x Super Squats

No Bullshit no problems

My Blog- http://grim83.blogspot.com/
Grim83 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 04-25-2010, 12:29 PM   #13
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,361,434, Level: 100 Points: 1,361,434, Level: 100 Points: 1,361,434, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
its good stuff, and it was right about me. i took the test and it said i was the protein fat type, and it was true, if i eat a huge steak i feel great if i eat a lot of carbs i just feel tired and sluggish
I can eat donuts and hot sauce during a cut and maintain muscle. It's generally just about calories for me. I like to dabble in different diet plans for educational purposes, and sometimes I learn something I like - i.e. Paelo eating.

But when it comes to taking in potassium every 2 hours or drinking safflower oil 3 times a day. I'm outta here!

Seriously though, I appreciate the feedback. I tend to gravitate to eating plans that are more lifestyles, and ones that don't cost an arm or a leg.

Share with Facebook
Old 04-25-2010, 01:17 PM   #14
Grim83
Grim83
has no status.
Director: TGZ
Max Brawn
Points: 6,663, Level: 53 Points: 6,663, Level: 53 Points: 6,663, Level: 53

My Mood: Crappy
Grim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
I can eat donuts and hot sauce during a cut and maintain muscle. It's generally just about calories for me. I like to dabble in different diet plans for educational purposes, and sometimes I learn something I like - i.e. Paelo eating.

But when it comes to taking in potassium every 2 hours or drinking safflower oil 3 times a day. I'm outta here!

Seriously though, I appreciate the feedback. I tend to gravitate to eating plans that are more lifestyles, and ones that don't cost an arm or a leg.
i agree, thats why im liking the warrior diet so much, its easy and it works for me
User owns 1x Super Squats

No Bullshit no problems

My Blog- http://grim83.blogspot.com/
Grim83 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 04-25-2010, 02:13 PM   #15
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
i agree, thats why im liking the warrior diet so much, its easy and it works for me
That's why I use a variation of it. I've had several people try to debate me using studies...but I have a big study...called my body

Share with Facebook
Old 04-25-2010, 03:08 PM   #16
kman025
kman025
out of shape :)
1st MOM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72

My Mood: Daring
kman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machine

Quote:

i'm going to read these tonight, thanks BTB.

right now im reading about prep-whatever his name is table (the PL/OLY lifting chart thread) and other things on it.... i plan to apply it to my bench training
User owns 1x Pumping Iron (25th Anniversary Special Edition)

Share with Facebook
Old 04-25-2010, 03:57 PM   #17
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Prilepin is a good read. Really helps work through daily training volume.

Share with Facebook
Old 04-25-2010, 04:02 PM   #18
kman025
kman025
out of shape :)
1st MOM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72

My Mood: Daring
kman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Prilepin is a good read. Really helps work through daily training volume.
indeed....

i hear sheiko is based off of it and me is hearting sheiko on my bench currently.

I think mixing in the 80%rep range has really helped me out. i plan in the long run to mix/switch up rep ranges a lot more, but stick to them for a while rather than doing random **** weekly for bench. i'm really excited, i think sheiko will take me to a respectable bench (225)
User owns 1x Pumping Iron (25th Anniversary Special Edition)

Share with Facebook