Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Introduce Yourself Introduce Yourself to the Muscle and Brawn Community

Old 06-03-2014, 11:05 AM   #1
Ice
Ice
has no status.
Points: 118, Level: 2 Points: 118, Level: 2 Points: 118, Level: 2
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Ice is new to the forumIce is new to the forum
Default Need to bulk up

Whatsup guys? I just joined the forum annd I just started working out recently and i am quite on the skinny side. I tried doing research to find the perfect routine for me but im not really comfortable with what i found this far.

My question is how do i go about finding or creating the perfect routine for myself?? I want to start bulking up. As in explode...
On that note. What mass builder would you guys recommend?? I heard SSN Mass Addiction is a good one??

I would also like to know if i do a workout how many sets and reps would be the right amount to actually bulk up? I constantly see different amount of sets and reps and it just confuses me /: can someone please clarify that for me?? Would be much appreciated

(Oh i workout from home so my equipment is limited. I have a bench, a bar bell and dumbells for the time being. Will acquire more equipment as time goes by.)
Ice is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2014, 11:16 AM   #2
bruteforce
bruteforce
is Mr. Competitor
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn
Points: 15,053, Level: 79 Points: 15,053, Level: 79 Points: 15,053, Level: 79
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

My favorite mass builder is Quatro's BBQ Chicken pizza. You won't need a gainer shake if you get your diet in order. If you find that you really can't eat enough food to gain weight, read Dave's westside bulking story. http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1178

For a routine, don't worry about different set and rep scheme's too much. You need something basic, and something that has you adding weight to the bar on a regular schedule. Sets and reps don't make you huge, increasing weight on quality exercises does.

Since I'm guessing you don't have a squat rack, you won't be able to take advantage of one of the greatest mass builders: the squat. However, you can do full cleans and deadlifts still.

I would like to see you run a basic beginner program, something like this http://muscleandbrawn.com/real-resul...lbody-workout/

As soon as possible, find a way to do squats. Good luck with your training.

2 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Old 06-03-2014, 11:40 AM   #3
afraziaaaa
afraziaaaa
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 2,829, Level: 32 Points: 2,829, Level: 32 Points: 2,829, Level: 32
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Whey Protein
afraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machine

^this

Whole milk is also a great mass gainer. If you drink 1 gallon over two days that will cost you the same or slightly less than a jug of mass gainer and is a better source of nutrition.

Gym PRs:
Raw w/wraps
650/455/635

My current log:
http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums...494#post458494
afraziaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Old 06-03-2014, 11:43 AM   #4
bamazav
bamazav
Dog House Training, home of the Walker Dips!Geezers Rule!
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn
Points: 26,093, Level: 96 Points: 26,093, Level: 96 Points: 26,093, Level: 96
Activity: 22% Activity: 22% Activity: 22%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
My Mood: Amazed
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice View Post
Whatsup guys? I just joined the forum annd I just started working out recently and i am quite on the skinny side. I tried doing research to find the perfect routine for me but im not really comfortable with what i found this far.

My question is how do i go about finding or creating the perfect routine for myself?? I want to start bulking up. As in explode...
On that note. What mass builder would you guys recommend?? I heard SSN Mass Addiction is a good one??

I would also like to know if i do a workout how many sets and reps would be the right amount to actually bulk up? I constantly see different amount of sets and reps and it just confuses me /: can someone please clarify that for me?? Would be much appreciated

(Oh i workout from home so my equipment is limited. I have a bench, a bar bell and dumbells for the time being. Will acquire more equipment as time goes by.)
Thought on Brute's comments about Squats. Find two saw horses. Set and Load the bar on the saw horses and then start your squats at the bottom. You will only do one from the bottom, but you nail that and coming out of the hole won't be much of a problem for you. That is a quick poor man's way to get to squatting.

2014 100%RAW American Challenge, May 31, 2014:
Squat 292
Bench 176
Deadlift 375 PR
Total - 843 at 50 yrs 199.6 lbs

Shooting for a 900+ total for next meet. (see quote below)

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
bamazav is online now   Reply With Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Old 06-03-2014, 11:44 AM   #5
Sandbox
Sandbox
has no status.
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,841, Level: 25 Points: 1,841, Level: 25 Points: 1,841, Level: 25
Activity: 18% Activity: 18% Activity: 18%

Training Exp: 28
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Dead Cow
Sandbox is a dedicated contributorSandbox is a dedicated contributorSandbox is a dedicated contributorSandbox is a dedicated contributorSandbox is a dedicated contributorSandbox is a dedicated contributorSandbox is a dedicated contributorSandbox is a dedicated contributorSandbox is a dedicated contributorSandbox is a dedicated contributorSandbox is a dedicated contributor

Ditto to what Brute says....

Go out and get you a squat rack -or - squat stands at a minimum. You can probably find something for less than $100 on your local craigslist. Squats are so vital to growth.

Find someone to help you with your form as well. Good luck.
Sandbox is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 06-03-2014, 09:58 PM   #6
jdmalm123
jdmalm123
one rep is plenty!
Less is More
Max Brawn
Points: 12,882, Level: 74 Points: 12,882, Level: 74 Points: 12,882, Level: 74
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

Yeti Sports 1 Long Ass Shot Champion!
Training Exp: not enough
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: All of 'em
Fav Supp: Milk shake
My Mood: Yeehaw
jdmalm123 is an elite memberjdmalm123 is an elite memberjdmalm123 is an elite memberjdmalm123 is an elite memberjdmalm123 is an elite memberjdmalm123 is an elite memberjdmalm123 is an elite memberjdmalm123 is an elite memberjdmalm123 is an elite memberjdmalm123 is an elite memberjdmalm123 is an elite member

best advice I've heard for ectomorphs is from brooks kubik: lift heavy but keep the tonnage to a minimum...

I've been doing this and progressing strength quickly and recovering well.

For strength and size as an ecto, try using singles or doubles up to a heavy single, then take about 50-60% of the top weight for 2-3 sets of reps (on the big lifts).

Of course, eat and sleep more
"If you're not taking any risks, don't expect any rewards."
jdmalm123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 06-05-2014, 10:18 AM   #7
GZeolla
GZeolla
has no status.
Brawn
Points: 520, Level: 10 Points: 520, Level: 10 Points: 520, Level: 10
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: Since 1973 (with breaks)
Training Type: 4 Day Split
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Organic, natural foods
GZeolla has made some good postsGZeolla has made some good postsGZeolla has made some good postsGZeolla has made some good postsGZeolla has made some good postsGZeolla has made some good postsGZeolla has made some good postsGZeolla has made some good postsGZeolla has made some good postsGZeolla has made some good postsGZeolla has made some good posts

I have a power rack in my home gym. It's good for not only doing squats but other exercises as well, and in a safe manner. it is a worthwhile investment.
GZeolla is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook