Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 05-08-2014, 07:14 AM   #41
Soldier
Soldier
is judging you.
Max Brawn
Points: 14,128, Level: 77 Points: 14,128, Level: 77 Points: 14,128, Level: 77
Activity: 43% Activity: 43% Activity: 43%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
My Mood: Inspired
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

200mg caffeine pill and loud music.

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2014, 09:11 AM   #42
moeheep
moeheep
wants a 900lb Total
Max Brawn
Points: 9,512, Level: 65 Points: 9,512, Level: 65 Points: 9,512, Level: 65
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Exp: 1.5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: DEADS
Fav Supp: Condense
My Mood: Amazed
moeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite member

Mrs Moeheeps NO STOP gibbering about her day as a school bus driver.....THAT, my friends, will make you all out SPRINT to the gym.....NOTHING will make you want to train more than that!

Best Meet Lifts:
Squat = 325
Bench = 210
Dead = 353
Total = 888

The iron is there during my times of happiness, sadness and anger. The iron is there available through the 4 seasons and inclement weather. The iron is there to either comfort me or motivate me. The Iron manages to show me how strong I am or how humble I need to be. The iron does not yell, but it always demands respect. The iron is not a disciplinarian, but when disrespected, I feel it for a long time. The iron does not love or hate, but we definitely share a strong bond. And no matter how far I stay away or for how long, the iron is there, waiting to be lifted.
moeheep is online now   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Old 05-18-2014, 12:58 AM   #43
Greg B.
Greg B.
Feeling Pumped!
Brawn
Points: 1,400, Level: 20 Points: 1,400, Level: 20 Points: 1,400, Level: 20
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 6 Years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Barbell rows
My Mood: Amused
Greg B. has made some quality postsGreg B. has made some quality postsGreg B. has made some quality postsGreg B. has made some quality postsGreg B. has made some quality postsGreg B. has made some quality postsGreg B. has made some quality postsGreg B. has made some quality posts

Its an individual preference. If you workout tired, they can help due to the stimulants/caffeine. Other have added creatine if you like to use that and also some have ingredients for "pump" effect and increasing vascularity. for me, I'm quite caffeine tolerant unfortunately which is why I 've using K-Otic which has a bit higher amount of caffeine in it compared to a number of other pre's out there.

Main Website: http://www.aaefx.com/
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/allamericanefx
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/AllAmericanEFX
Twitter: @allamericanefx
Instagram: @aaefx

*My comments do not necessarily reflect the opinions of All American EFX and they are my own*
Greg B. is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 05-18-2014, 01:18 AM   #44
Likethebaldwin
Likethebaldwin
is keeping on.
Brawn
Points: 1,008, Level: 17 Points: 1,008, Level: 17 Points: 1,008, Level: 17
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 1 year
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Barbell Rows/Bench Press
Fav Supp: Calories over maintenance
My Mood: Mellow
Likethebaldwin is a consistent contributorLikethebaldwin is a consistent contributorLikethebaldwin is a consistent contributorLikethebaldwin is a consistent contributorLikethebaldwin is a consistent contributorLikethebaldwin is a consistent contributorLikethebaldwin is a consistent contributorLikethebaldwin is a consistent contributorLikethebaldwin is a consistent contributorLikethebaldwin is a consistent contributorLikethebaldwin is a consistent contributor

IMO, They're worth it if you respond well to caffeine. From what I can tell, they are mostly just caffeine mixed with other somewhat effective nootropics. Some of them have creatine and beta alanine, both proven performance enhancers but are needed to be taken everyday to be effective so they are probably best purchased separately. PWOs tend to underdose them as well. As far as the vascularity and pump products there is yet to be a study proving their effectiveness. A lot of the ingredients (arginine, agmatine, norvaline)should increase "pump" in theory, but don't actually produce results. I mean a "pump" is a dilated blood vessel, which is a lowering in ones blood pressure, and the body has pretty good mechanisms for regulating that kind of thing.

PWOs I enjoy:

Jacked Micro (has Higenamine)
Myoplex Hypershock Rage (has theanine)
4D Pump
ON Pre
Beast Nutrition Beast Mode

A new and interesting ingredient worth looking into is AMP Citrate.

Anyways, rant over.

My log:

http://http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17035
Likethebaldwin is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook