Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 05-10-2014, 07:47 AM   #61
Chirag
Chirag
is trying to get strong
Brawn
Points: 364, Level: 7 Points: 364, Level: 7 Points: 364, Level: 7
Activity: 18% Activity: 18% Activity: 18%

Chirag has made some very good postsChirag has made some very good postsChirag has made some very good postsChirag has made some very good postsChirag has made some very good postsChirag has made some very good postsChirag has made some very good postsChirag has made some very good postsChirag has made some very good postsChirag has made some very good postsChirag has made some very good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravimolasaria View Post
Strong work Chirag ... congrats on that squat PR brother ... keep smashing your goals buddy ...
Thanks Ravi!
Chirag is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2014, 11:56 AM   #62
kitarpyar
kitarpyar
is a rank novice now
Max Brawn
Points: 23,829, Level: 94 Points: 23,829, Level: 94 Points: 23,829, Level: 94
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
My Mood: Aggressive
kitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master member

Sweet squat PR Chirag. Progress is coming along nicely.

I usually use a false grip on OHP and Bench for warm ups with light weights (bar and ~ 50%), which seems to activate the muscles better marginally and switch to a normal grip thereafter when weights get heavier. False grip with heavier weights can be tricky and dangerous though. Train safe
kitarpyar is online now   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Old 05-10-2014, 12:22 PM   #63
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,479,431, Level: 100 Points: 1,479,431, Level: 100 Points: 1,479,431, Level: 100
Activity: 43% Activity: 43% Activity: 43%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Congrats on that squat PR.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 05-10-2014, 01:55 PM   #64
Joss
Joss
20yo french lifter
New Brawn
Points: 134, Level: 2 Points: 134, Level: 2 Points: 134, Level: 2
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 3 years
Fav Exercise: Squats and Bench
Fav Supp: Red meat
Joss has made some quality postsJoss has made some quality postsJoss has made some quality postsJoss has made some quality postsJoss has made some quality postsJoss has made some quality posts

Hello Chirag,
Just finished to read your log, good job, you are improving nicely. Excuse me but, are you talking about lbs or kg ? (I'm not comfortable with lbs)
5x5 is a good choice, I love it too.
Keep getting strong, I will follow your progress. ;-)
Joss is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 05-10-2014, 04:33 PM   #65
Chirag
Chirag
is trying to get strong
Brawn

Chirag has made some very good postsChirag has made some very good postsChirag has made some very good postsChirag has made some very good postsChirag has made some very good postsChirag has made some very good postsChirag has made some very good postsChirag has made some very good postsChirag has made some very good postsChirag has made some very good postsChirag has made some very good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitarpyar View Post
Sweet squat PR Chirag. Progress is coming along nicely.

I usually use a false grip on OHP and Bench for warm ups with light weights (bar and ~ 50%), which seems to activate the muscles better marginally and switch to a normal grip thereafter when weights get heavier. False grip with heavier weights can be tricky and dangerous though. Train safe
Thanks!!

I always used a false grip because it felt better but I realized why it did and it was because I wasn't tight enough when using a normal grip. After making my body much tighter and fixing my grip width, the normal grip just worked better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Congrats on that squat PR.
Thanks BtB! Hoping for many more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joss View Post
Hello Chirag,
Just finished to read your log, good job, you are improving nicely. Excuse me but, are you talking about lbs or kg ? (I'm not comfortable with lbs)
5x5 is a good choice, I love it too.
Keep getting strong, I will follow your progress. ;-)
Thanks!!

All of the weights are in pounds (I wish they were in kgs hahaha).

Just started seriously working out for a couple of weeks now. Going to keep progressing well hopefully!!

Share with Facebook
Old 05-11-2014, 07:32 PM   #66
Chirag
Chirag
is trying to get strong
Brawn

Back feels like complete crap right now. I believe it is just really tight, hoping that it will be better by tomorrow's training session in the morning and it isn't anything worse than tightness. Hoping some ibuprofen and rest helps. See you peeps tomorrow!

Share with Facebook
Old 05-12-2014, 09:34 AM   #67
Chirag
Chirag
is trying to get strong
Brawn

Woke up with some lower back pain this morning after the uppe back pain left. Foam rolled and decided to workout.
Squat 185x5 185x2
My body just didn't want to lift. My lower back started killing me so I called it quits and decided to just play it safe.

Bench 140x5 140x5 140x5
Deadlift - Lower back was hurting too much.

On my way to the chiropractor to see if anything is wrong. Hopefully I'm fine. Let's see how today unfolds

Share with Facebook
Old 05-12-2014, 11:01 AM   #68
Chirag
Chirag
is trying to get strong
Brawn

Just got out of the chiro. Nothing disk related thankfully. He told me my left leg was turning inwards into my hip so it caused my lower back to become extremely tight to compensate for this. He knows his gym related material and gave me some advice for lifting and form in general. He's not one of those chiropractors that are anti squat and deadlift he just told me to make sure I'm more upright during my squat and to slow progression down to something a little more sustainable for the sake of longevity. I'm going to think this over tonight and see what I do. Off to take a final and worry about this later!

Share with Facebook
Old 05-12-2014, 10:09 PM   #69
Chirag
Chirag
is trying to get strong
Brawn

Final went well I believe! Hoping to make a quick recovery as my lower back is just strained now with some pain. Happy there is no disk damage or pinched nerves anywhere. I'm going to still go to the gym on wednesday and friday but only do some seated presses, bench, and other seated exercises so that I do not aggravate my strain. Hoping to stretch and recover from this and work on my form so that I can prevent this from happening again. Anyone have tips on dealing with low back strains?

Share with Facebook
Old 05-14-2014, 11:27 PM   #70
Chirag
Chirag
is trying to get strong
Brawn

Went to the gym today to just warm up and stretch and do some upper body limited lifting. I did some Hammer Strength exercises for shoulders, chest, and back just to keep my lower back really away from any type of exertion. Hoping that the strain will recover within a week. Going to heat it and take some ibuprofen for the next couple of days hoping to recover well. Will keep this updated on my days in the gym.

Share with Facebook