Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Mind and Motivation

Notices

Mind and Motivation This forum is for the cultivation of motivation, inner health, spiritual health and mental strength.

Old 04-07-2014, 07:51 AM   #11
Chillen
Chillen
Current Pic/Nov 30th, 2012: Rocken Lean
Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 5+ years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
My Mood: Inspired
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMan View Post
My life has been interesting to say the least, and one thing that has always brought me a lot of pain is my self image. For anyone that has grown up too fat, or too skinny, or just plain "not good enough" it's very hard to cultivate a positive outlook.

I grew up watching strongman every morning before school, I would always wake up earlier than anyone else and watch Zydrunas Savickas and Mariusz Pudzianowski go head to head on atlas stones, or log press, or some other feat of inhuman strength. I always remember being so young and just wishing that some day I could be big and strong. It's hard sometimes not to be comfortable in your own skin, when you look in the mirror all you see is your pain manifested in some extra lbs. I vowed that nutrition and strength training will become a part of my life, a healthy obsession that I will use to achieve my goals.

I apologize for the emotionally charged rant, but this is the first time I've ever really shared these thoughts with anyone. Who better than to share with a community of people that have the same determination and fire that flows through their veins. Thank you everyone here at MAB for helping to keep kids like me on the straight path to reaching our goals.
Why I want this?

Ask your heart this question, and it will answer you. True motivation comes from within. Empower this superpower. And, you do this with the contents of your skull connected to the contents of the heart.

Through this partnership, you will find your personal vitality and intellectual ability; which will enable you to use the tools the body provides: Two hands and two feet, to get what you want done within the confines of your heart.

No one can stand in your way when you have this joint partnership connected to your balls--not even the enemy within you, and you will find peace along your journey. You swing them, now use them, as the ammunition between the partnership of your brain and your heart.

Achievers know that we are not born with the same physical, mental, and environmental attributes.

But they do know that everyone has the same potential and right to feel excitement and motivation in believing they can work toward any goal they desire.

Don

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:
Chillen is online now   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Members of Muscle and Brawn Forums have rated post 451307 as the most helpful. Skip right to it!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2014, 10:54 AM   #12
MetalMan
MetalMan
Determined
Brawn
Points: 705, Level: 14 Points: 705, Level: 14 Points: 705, Level: 14
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: less than a year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Chocolate Milk
MetalMan has made some good postsMetalMan has made some good postsMetalMan has made some good postsMetalMan has made some good postsMetalMan has made some good postsMetalMan has made some good postsMetalMan has made some good postsMetalMan has made some good postsMetalMan has made some good postsMetalMan has made some good postsMetalMan has made some good posts

Thank you guys a lot for all the awesome inspirational stories, and thoughts. I'm glad that this has been a way to help motivate each other. I'm looking forward to hopefully making my way to my first meet by winter time, and hopefully shaping up a little bit by losing some fat around the middle.
MetalMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 04-08-2014, 08:20 PM   #13
jdmalm123
jdmalm123
one rep is plenty!
Less is More
Max Brawn
Points: 13,042, Level: 74 Points: 13,042, Level: 74 Points: 13,042, Level: 74
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Yeti Sports 1 Long Ass Shot Champion!
Training Exp: not enough
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: All of 'em
Fav Supp: Milk shake
My Mood: Lurking
jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!

If it were not for honey men would regard figs as sweeter than now.

Share with Facebook