Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 04-07-2014, 10:07 PM   #21
JTM811
JTM811
has no status.
Brawn
Points: 555, Level: 11 Points: 555, Level: 11 Points: 555, Level: 11
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: Off and on 15 years
Training Type: Other
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts or Squats
JTM811 is a consistent contributorJTM811 is a consistent contributorJTM811 is a consistent contributorJTM811 is a consistent contributorJTM811 is a consistent contributorJTM811 is a consistent contributorJTM811 is a consistent contributorJTM811 is a consistent contributorJTM811 is a consistent contributorJTM811 is a consistent contributorJTM811 is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB1987 View Post
I'll try to explain it the best I can. First off our system is all screwed up.

The schools provide lunches.

The kids pay for the lunches. Or they bring their own lunch.

Years ago (like when I was in school) our lunch portions were larger.

Over the years people have gottn' fatter.

Instead of trying to teach kids and parents to eat healthier and avoid fast foods, they decided to try and starve the kids by cutting the lunch portions.

The gov. thinks that a calorie is a calorie, but its not.

The stupid gov. plan doesnt work, kids and parents are pissed, kids leave school hungry.

Because they are hungry and broke they eat more fast food and junk.

In short our gov. is not fixing a problem, they're just creating another one.
While the above is true, lets not forget other measures that our government and the schools have taken. Less recess for the kids for starters.

We worry so much about where our placement tests stack up compared to the rest of the world, and because we have "dipped" we decide that we need to reinvent the wheel and start keeping kids in the class longer, while depriving them of exercise time, recess and gym. Don't get me started on our math and science comparisons with other countries, many of whom count those tests and who takes them VERY differently than the US.

Anywho, back to the recess/gym thing, kids have less time and opportunities to burn off excess energy and get fat because of it. Since they don't get recess time, they get fidgety in class and cause "distractions". Next thing you know the school is encouraging you to put your kid on behavioral medications to cure the problem. Half of the time those meds are assigned with no real guidelines for accurate doses for children, but are guessed at by doctors. More often doing a hell of a lot more harm than good to the kids.

God, now I'm pissed off. Sorry I could rant and rave all damn day about this crap and the total f*ing idiots we have making decisions for everyone else in this country. LESS GOVERNMENT=GOOD!!!
JTM811 is online now   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2014, 10:44 PM   #22
skids
skids
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 4,436, Level: 42 Points: 4,436, Level: 42 Points: 4,436, Level: 42
Activity: 19% Activity: 19% Activity: 19%

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Meat, Milk,
My Mood: Sleepy
skids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beast

Down here we have to bring our own lunches to school, no big problem, However these days a big dairy company down here gives the schools milk, which is quite nice of them really, and then another company gives everybody Weetbix to go with your milk, and I herd the other day another company was going to start giving out loaves of bread so kids can have toast and the like. Its all so the kids don't miss breakfast. Really nice of these company's to do this. They are all big company's that have nothing to do with the government , for what I understand anyway.
skids is online now   Reply With Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Old 04-07-2014, 11:19 PM   #23
Dray
Dray
is squatting again! : )
Max Brawn
Points: 9,959, Level: 66 Points: 9,959, Level: 66 Points: 9,959, Level: 66
Activity: 64% Activity: 64% Activity: 64%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: squat
Dray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master member

Much the same here, Nath. Some schools you can buy stuff of course, from the canteen.

Those lunches look terrible anyway. Isn't prison food slightly better, out of curiosity?

Might be just some doco I saw. Could be only some places...

My training log
Dray is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 04-08-2014, 04:19 AM   #24
gaspers04
gaspers04
is "Thickneck McBenchpress"
Max Brawn
Points: 17,092, Level: 83 Points: 17,092, Level: 83 Points: 17,092, Level: 83
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 20 yrs.
Training Type: Westside
Fav Exercise: All of Them! Bench, hehe.
Fav Supp: Food
My Mood: Brooding
gaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master member

No prison food isnt better. 21 yrs in and ill skip a meal before i eat there.

Supplements
M & S's Isofuel Chocolate, MGN's Dextrose,Universal's Beef Aminos and AAEFX's Kre-Alkalyn.
gaspers04 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 04-08-2014, 04:23 AM   #25
Dray
Dray
Max Brawn

Dray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaspers04 View Post
No prison food isnt better. 21 yrs in and ill skip a meal before i eat there.
Oh. Fair enough then. I haven't actually visited one in person, so yeah.

edit: But I do know someone who works at one. Same job as yourself, I believe. I'll have to ask him what the food's like in local prisons, just out of curiosity.

My training log

Share with Facebook
Old 04-08-2014, 04:37 AM   #26
syn
syn
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 3,936, Level: 39 Points: 3,936, Level: 39 Points: 3,936, Level: 39
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Exp: not enough
Fav Exercise: deadlift
Fav Supp: coffee
My Mood: Buzzed
syn is a lifting machinesyn is a lifting machinesyn is a lifting machinesyn is a lifting machinesyn is a lifting machinesyn is a lifting machinesyn is a lifting machinesyn is a lifting machinesyn is a lifting machinesyn is a lifting machinesyn is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dray View Post
Oh. Fair enough then. I haven't actually visited one in person, so yeah.

edit: But I do know someone who works at one. Same job as yourself, I believe. I'll have to ask him what the food's like in local prisons, just out of curiosity.

on Prison food, It may depend on the country.
I know the one of the bigger prisons here in Ireland has decent food (not been there, But I know a warden)
the food is prepared by a group of prisoners under supervision, the wardens eat the same food. apparently its decent stuff.

shame our hospitals serve up muck!
syn is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 04-08-2014, 06:12 AM   #27
Dray
Dray
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by syn View Post
shame our hospitals serve up muck!
Oh yeah, we got that issue here too. :/

My training log

Share with Facebook
Old 04-08-2014, 07:09 AM   #28
Soldier
Soldier
is judging you.
Max Brawn
Points: 14,094, Level: 77 Points: 14,094, Level: 77 Points: 14,094, Level: 77
Activity: 44% Activity: 44% Activity: 44%

Training Exp: On and off for 15 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
My Mood: Doubtful
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

I'm not going to even get started on the government. I may get in trouble.

I would like to add, however, that there's a jail down where I'm from that runs a farm. It gives the inmates a chance to work, and what's grown on the farm is fed to the prisoners. They get fresh food and the costs are next to nothing, something like $.10 per meal or something.

Also, to add about school lunches; my home county officially stopped doing any paid lunches this year. There were so many free and reduced lunches being given out that only a small percentage of the kids were actually paying, so they just said screw it and made them all free.

I think they realized that the logisticts of taking and accounting for money was actually costing them more than what they were getting.

Share with Facebook
Old 04-08-2014, 10:57 AM   #29
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,516,541, Level: 100 Points: 1,516,541, Level: 100 Points: 1,516,541, Level: 100
Activity: 61% Activity: 61% Activity: 61%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

It's time to give the local communities back the power to decide what, and how to feed their children.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 04-08-2014, 11:17 AM   #30
syn
syn
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 3,936, Level: 39 Points: 3,936, Level: 39 Points: 3,936, Level: 39
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Exp: not enough
Fav Exercise: deadlift
Fav Supp: coffee
My Mood: Buzzed
syn is a lifting machinesyn is a lifting machinesyn is a lifting machinesyn is a lifting machinesyn is a lifting machinesyn is a lifting machinesyn is a lifting machinesyn is a lifting machinesyn is a lifting machinesyn is a lifting machinesyn is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
It's time to give the local communities back the power to decide what, and how to feed their children.

easier said than done.
poor uneducated families are gonna send their kids out to school with nothing, or
a bunch of crap
syn is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook